Ball State prediction

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Not really sure what to think, but I'm hoping for a complete 60 min, 4 quarter game. All things fo well and we look the Cowboys we all want to see.

It'll (of course) be close in the 1st half, but our Pokes pull away in 2nd half for a fairly easy win.
UW. 38. Ball State 27....bring on the Huskies and a roadtrip, I'm ready
aranderson
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Cowboys: 34
Cardinals: 20
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

35-17 Pokes
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

35-33 Pokes!!
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

I spent about 5 minutes lurking the Ball State (Balls Taint, Testicle Tech, etc) board and they're pretty uncertain of their team. Lots of sub-par play and talk about players resting on their laurels after winning a conference title last year. They did smack Joser in the bowl game last year, but haven't done much to impress this year. Also sounds like they're about fed up with the play calling and really inconsistent QB play.

All that being said, I think it's gonna be a close one. I think the Pokes (-7) win, but don't cover. 35-31 type game.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

GoPokes86 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:08 am I spent about 5 minutes lurking the Ball State (Balls Taint, Testicle Tech, etc) board and they're pretty uncertain of their team. Lots of sub-par play and talk about players resting on their laurels after winning a conference title last year. They did smack Joser in the bowl game last year, but haven't done much to impress this year. Also sounds like they're about fed up with the play calling and really inconsistent QB play.

All that being said, I think it's gonna be a close one. I think the Pokes (-7) win, but don't cover. 35-31 type game.
I like your prediction although I don't know if 35 will win it. I am going 42-38, WYO!
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Ball State is going to throw the ball that is what they do. They have an experienced QB. But I see Muma and Coldon being a big problem for Ball State's offense in sustaining drives like they may be accustomed to. I think teams that can't establish the run consistently are going to be a better matchup for Wyoming's defense. I like this matchup better for Wyoming than the Northern Illinois matchup from that perspective.

Also - Sean Chambers is playing with a TON of confidence right now and he has real weapons to throw to this year unlike prior years (Neyor and Welch). Valladay and Swen is a lot to handle as a 1-2 punch at RB.

I like Wyoming's chances to be honest.

Wyoming 30 - Ball State 20
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 80 times

This one scares me. When Ball State wakes up - hopefully not this weekend - they will be a very difficult team to beat. We have beaten Montana State and NIU and been forced to rely on 4th quarter comebacks in both games. Ball State is better than NIU and MSU. We had better play 60 minutes or we will get beat.
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 14 times

I agree with Law poke. This will be the best team we play before we start our conference games. We can't afford any letdowns. I think our defense was embarrassed last week during the second half and I expect to see major improvements. Offense keeps rolling as well. Pokes 38 Ball sack 24.
jessejames02
Ranch Hand

If the D steps up from last week I think we take the W 30-17. If they have a full on meltdown like last week we'll take a L with both teams in the high 30s, low 40s.
52-56