Name you don't know but will...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

Do you have any picks for someone that you haven't heard much about, but is poised for a huge year? To qualify, player must not have seen the field much if at all, yet, by year's end, must be in talks for 2nd team all-conference at minimum.

Tall order, I know, but just stepping from unknown to starting with a solid season is a little more common.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:42 pm Do you have any picks for someone that you haven't heard much about, but is poised for a huge year? To qualify, player must not have seen the field much if at all, yet, by year's end, must be in talks for 2nd team all-conference at minimum.

Tall order, I know, but just stepping from unknown to starting with a solid season is a little more common.
Were returning 97 percent of our production or something ridiculous like that, 2nd most in the country. I think its going to be very difficult for a player that hasn't seen much of the field at all to break into the line-up. Having said that, I think Devonne Harris and Easton Gibbs show a lot of promise. Harris beat out Byrd at d-end and Easton Gibbs has pretty outstanding speed for a linebacker.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Old-Bull wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:42 pm Do you have any picks for someone that you haven't heard much about, but is poised for a huge year? To qualify, player must not have seen the field much if at all, yet, by year's end, must be in talks for 2nd team all-conference at minimum.

Were returning 97 percent of our production or something ridiculous like that, 2nd most in the country. I think its going to be very difficult for a player that hasn't seen much of the field at all to break into the line-up. Having said that, I think Devonne Harris and Easton Gibbs show a lot of promise. Harris beat out Byrd at d-end and Easton Gibbs has pretty outstanding speed for a linebacker.
Last year was full of surprises especially on D. With the opt outs there were some real standouts that will now be mixed in with the talented guys that are back now. Bertagnole was a surprise along with Hicks. Hicks got hurt though I believe.
W-Y, Until I Die!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Devonne Harris will not be starting over Byrd unless Solomon gets hurt. Harris needs another year or 2 of development before he could be a true impact player.

I think you're spot on with Easton Gibbs, he could have a big year.

My money is on Isaiah Neyor. Obviously he saw the field last year, but he's the best athlete on the team. With a new OC, he could be poised for a breakout year.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

WestWYOPoke wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:42 am

Devonne Harris will not be starting over Byrd unless Solomon gets hurt. Harris needs another year or 2 of development before he could be a true impact player.

I think you're spot on with Easton Gibbs, he could have a big year.

My money is on Isaiah Neyor. Obviously he saw the field last year, but he's the best athlete on the team. With a new OC, he could be poised for a breakout year.
When I saw the post spring depth chart I was wondering why he was listed as the starter. Is coach punishing Byrd for opting out? Was Byrd not in shape after opting out? Or was Devonne better than Byrd? Still, if the coaches are willing to put Harris above him(for now) they're at least comfortable with the idea of him playing a lot of reps. Maybe they were just trying to motivate Byrd.

I think the defense is going to make everyone on that side of the ball look good since we have guys with all- conference skills all over the field on d.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

I'm hopeful we see one of the TEs break out with awesome receiving numbers. To me they've always seemed the most underutilized guys on the team. I don't expect us to suddenly be one of the most productive passing offenses in the MW, but there's plenty of room for improvement.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:01 am I'm hopeful we see one of the TEs break out with awesome receiving numbers. To me they've always seemed the most underutilized guys on the team. I don't expect us to suddenly be one of the most productive passing offenses in the MW, but there's plenty of room for improvement.
I was wondering about Parker Christensen when I posted this. It obviously depends on the revamped offense, but Parker is pretty versatile. I wonder if he could be utilized along the lines of Juszczyk in San Fran?
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

WestWYOPoke wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:42 am

Devonne Harris will not be starting over Byrd unless Solomon gets hurt.
This. Only reason Byrd isn't listed as the "ONE" on the depth chart right now, is that he opted out, and 'ol Bohly is set in his ways...if you opted out, you have to "earn" your way back as the starter.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

I have two.

QB Jayden Clemons. Tore it up at the spring game. Super mobile and Bohl cannot resist a running QB. Plus our QBs ahead of him can’t stay healthy

DE Sebastian Harsh. Was like player of the in Nebraska or something . Showed well at the spring game. Just a damn good player and will find his way on the field.

Hopefully we have a WR that we don’t know too much about emerge. We’ll have a good season if this happens
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:25 pm I have two.

QB Jayden Clemons. Tore it up at the spring game. Super mobile and Bohl cannot resist a running QB. Plus our QBs ahead of him can’t stay healthy

DE Sebastian Harsh. Was like player of the in Nebraska or something . Showed well at the spring game. Just a damn good player and will find his way on the field.

Hopefully we have a WR that we don’t know too much about emerge. We’ll have a good season if this happens
Isn’t Hank Gibbs the one Bohl has mentioned by name in some of the press conferences?
W-Y, Until I Die!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Ralph Fawaz. Punter and kickoffs.

Yea it seems pretty lame naming a punter but the team is extremely deep with experience. Fawaz appears to have the leg the Pokes have been missing the last few years. It’s been frustrating playing against teams with punters that could shift the field position while Wyoming could not.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:01 am I'm hopeful we see one of the TEs break out with awesome receiving numbers. To me they've always seemed the most underutilized guys on the team. I don't expect us to suddenly be one of the most productive passing offenses in the MW, but there's plenty of room for improvement.
Welch is pretty good. I see a lot of Hollister in him. With the receivers finally set to spread out a bit more on the line, I see him in for a big year with some space over the middle.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

Good to know. Question - was Jayden going against the 3's?
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

McPeachy wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:00 pm

Good to know. Question - was Jayden going against the 3's?
Yeah probably. But the kid was fast! And threw a nice ball and completed passes. I want to see more of him
PokeNer
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Obviously Neyor figures to be a key cog in this "re-engineered" offense. However, I'm hopeful everyone will know Josh Cobbs and Alex Brown after the season. Cobbs got a few touches last year, but I think he fumbled on one and that quickly put him in the doghouse. Cobbs has a lot of talent. Both of these guys have great size - 6'4" and pushing 200.
gopokes1399
Blog Team

I think with a solid pass game, Isiah Naylor and Alex Brown could be a deadly duo... I know Naylor played a bit last year but the passing game was awful.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:36 am
Welch is pretty good. I see a lot of Hollister in him. With the receivers finally set to spread out a bit more on the line, I see him in for a big year with some space over the middle.
Welch is the answer. He will be a difference maker
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

Looks like DQ might be that guy. 5’7” but lights out speed. Bohl has been bringing his name up a lot recently as a fr that could see reps along with Sargent, I think.
W-Y, Until I Die!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Crall will be a dominant force and factor for our D this fall....can't wait
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:31 am Ralph Fawaz. Punter and kickoffs.

Yea it seems pretty lame naming a punter but the team is extremely deep with experience. Fawaz appears to have the leg the Pokes have been missing the last few years. It’s been frustrating playing against teams with punters that could shift the field position while Wyoming could not.
Conference freshman of the week. Pretty impressive for the newcomer!