Way too early W/L Football Prediction Thread

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 115 times

Reality is that this is one of the weakest schedules in all of college football. Granted that's predicted, but I doubt there is more than 1 "surprise team" on that schedule.

Regardless of every imaginable excuse, struggling against this schedule will be a bad sign.

Not to jinx anything but the competition is far from fierce.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
CheyenneGunslinger
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time

I see 7 with a few breaks 8 with 9 being a stretch. If the Pokes go 9 that will be a good season, I just don't know what AFA, Fresno ST and Boise have or other wise I would call it a 10 win season.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:18 pm I didn’t realize Ball State was so good last year. That will be a tough game.

We better spank MT State or I will be discouraged
Yup, Ball State is legit. They wiped the floor with San Jose St in a bowl game 6 months ago
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 64 times

I'll be the wet blanket on this picnic. 6-6 with 3-1 OOC and 3-5 in conference. Lose all 4 road games and to csewe at home.
This should be the end of the Bohl era.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

bladerunnr wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:35 pm I'll be the wet blanket on this picnic. 6-6 with 3-1 OOC and 3-5 in conference. Lose all 4 road games and to csewe at home.
That would be a real possibility if we go 6-6 with this schedule.
I'm good for 3!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

Cornpoke wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:02 pm
bladerunnr wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:35 pm I'll be the wet blanket on this picnic. 6-6 with 3-1 OOC and 3-5 in conference. Lose all 4 road games and to csewe at home.
You forget...6-6 would still get us a bowl invite.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 64 times

Wyokie wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:29 pm
Not a certainty. We were 6-6 3 years ago and didn't get a bowl invite.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

bladerunnr wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:58 pm
Wyokie wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:29 pm
Not a certainty. We were 6-6 3 years ago and didn't get a bowl invite.
Only because more than enough Power 5 schools became eligible.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

Agreed. 6-6 with this schedule should make Bohl's seat hotter than heck if not canned. People really undersell how crummy the MWC has become. I really like Bohl, but some of his success relative to other coaches is a result of the bar being much lower and WYO being much closer to the top of the conference in terms of resources. Some folks don't like to hear that, but it doesn't make it less true.

Even without considering conference schedules across years, this year's schedule appears to be incredibly weak (unless there are a lot of surprise teams on there). At this point of the coaching tenure, going 6-6 against terrible competition is unacceptable.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Bohl would not get canned at 6-6. We are way too broke for that.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:18 pm Bohl would not get canned at 6-6. We are way too broke for that.
I think you're right.

However, I think Bohl is in good shape with this team. I'll be surprised if it is even a topic at the end of the season.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:07 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:18 pm Bohl would not get canned at 6-6. We are way too broke for that.
I think you're right.

However, I think Bohl is in good shape with this team. I'll be surprised if it is even a topic at the end of the season.
Me too. I think we’ll have a good year. We dropped the dead weight (Vigen) and we’ll surely have an average offense to go along with out always stout defense. Combine that with our easy schedule and that’s at least 8 wins
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

In Bohl's tenure at Wyoming, he has only had one year with a winning road record (3-3), and his teams amassed a total of 10 wins against 29 losses on the road. Unfortunately, I don't see this changing, so I'll predict 5 road losses and 1 stinker at home for a 6-6 season - an average season for an average coach. I do hope I'm wrong, and if so, I will happily eat any crow served. Come on Bohl, prove me wrong!
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times

This is certainly true! He could probably piss down his leg and go 2 - 10 and still be employed in this climate.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

Bohl also gave $100,000 last year to Wyoming athletics to help save the rest of the Athletic programs. He won’t get canned even if he goes 0-12.
We will be stuck with him until his contract runs out most likely.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I keep seeing posts about how our athletics dept is in dire straights financially. Is this the case for other schools or just a unique problem to Wyoming? And if so, how do we correct this?

If the other MWC schools are so much better off what are we to do?
I'm good for 3!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Cornpoke wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:36 am I keep seeing posts about how our athletics dept is in dire straights financially. Is this the case for other schools or just a unique problem to Wyoming? And if so, how do we correct this?

This is a problem across many of the non-power 5 schools. In the MWC, there are schools worse off than UW. Nevada, I know, was hurt a lot financially. UNLV as well.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

WestWYOPoke wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:38 pm
Cornpoke wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:36 am I keep seeing posts about how our athletics dept is in dire straights financially. Is this the case for other schools or just a unique problem to Wyoming? And if so, how do we correct this?

This is a problem across many of the non-power 5 schools. In the MWC, there are schools worse off than UW. Nevada, I know, was hurt a lot financially. UNLV as well.
There are rumors of some of the I-A/FCS universities in Louisiana maybe merging in a few years.

I've been on a Division II message board and some on there have said several schools at the DII level could end up moving down to Division III due to lack of $$$ or just outright close down athletics or the school.

COVID for all intents and purposes messed up EVERYBODY'S life!!!! But we all knew that. :roll:
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Wyoming as a whole is in a bit of a rough spot financially, isn't that what is the root of the problem? CSU won't have to deal with that part of the problem, since Colorado's running a pretty insane surplus right now, which means CO residents will receive refund checks from TABOR for likely the next 3 years.

I'm hoping and guessing Wyoming's conundrum is fairly temporary, but also, people have been clamoring loudly for the state to try to diversify for years without it really happening. Has anybody seen projections for what kind of revenue the new Nuclear Plant could potentially mean to the state, though? I know all things considered, that's a pretty small thing, but it's also a huge step in the right direction in terms of diversification.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:30 am

Wyoming as a whole is in a bit of a rough spot financially, isn't that what is the root of the problem? CSU won't have to deal with that part of the problem, since Colorado's running a pretty insane surplus right now, which means CO residents will receive refund checks from TABOR for likely the next 3 years.

I'm hoping and guessing Wyoming's conundrum is fairly temporary, but also, people have been clamoring loudly for the state to try to diversify for years without it really happening. Has anybody seen projections for what kind of revenue the new Nuclear Plant could potentially mean to the state, though? I know all things considered, that's a pretty small thing, but it's also a huge step in the right direction in terms of diversification.
Not so fast my friend. Don't forget that CSU has to pay a huge chunk of change every year to pay for their new stadium. While they may not be as bad off as the Nevada schools, they aren't exactly sitting pretty either.