Way too early W/L Football Prediction Thread

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

WestWYOPoke wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:41 pm
Asmodeanreborn wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:30 am Wyoming as a whole is in a bit of a rough spot financially, isn't that what is the root of the problem? CSU won't have to deal with that part of the problem, since Colorado's running a pretty insane surplus right now, which means CO residents will receive refund checks from TABOR for likely the next 3 years.
Not so fast my friend. Don't forget that CSU has to pay a huge chunk of change every year to pay for their new stadium. While they may not be as bad off as the Nevada schools, they aren't exactly sitting pretty either.
That's what I meant about "that part of the problem."

CSU's financial troubles are their own doing rather than coming from the state of Colorado being in financial dire straits. Of course, anything and everything can change quickly when it comes to any given state's economy.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 115 times

If Nouriel Roubini is right about stagflation coupled with a debt crisis, we could be facing very serious times. Not just at WYO. Now is the time to adjust spending for razor thin state revenues; plan for the worst at least for the short-term.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

So some Miami booster will pay each football player 6k a year to advertise his business. Geez. This is just the tip of the iceberg
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:42 pm So some Miami booster will pay each football player 6k a year to advertise his business. Geez. This is just the tip of the iceberg
I think he's the same guy who got Miami into hot water with the NCAA 20+ years ago.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times

Interesting tidbit. If Bohl goes 9-3 this year he will be at the .500 mark for his time at WYO.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

Bump...just thought it would be fun to see where the predictions are after 7 games. A lot of folks had the first 4 correct, but then the wheels started falling off. Enjoy :lol:
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

I'll admit I was off...I thought fur sure the offense would be significantly better.
jessejames02
Ranch Hand

We were all so naive back then.
52-56
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 64 times

jessejames02 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:43 pm We were all so naive back then.
Speak for your self. I predicted 6-6 and the end of the Bohl era. And I wasn't naive. I never bought the hokey line that the team would be so much better without Vigen. Bohl is the master mind of this mess and always has been. We've only had 1 good year of offense in his 8 years.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy

bladerunnr wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:20 pm
Speak for your self. I predicted 6-6 and the end of the Bohl era. And I wasn't naive. I never bought the hokey line that the team would be so much better without Vigen. Bohl is the master mind of this mess and always has been. We've only had 1 good year of offense in his 8 years.
I predicted 6-6 as well, but looking at things as they stand right now, I would be hard pressed to find two more games that Wyoming will win. Both Bohl and Burman need to be gone. Burn this sumbitch to the ground and rebuild from the ashes.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
jessejames02
Ranch Hand

bladerunnr wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:20 pm
Yeah obviously some of us aren’t hot on Bohl.

We’re 8 years in, this is the product. There’s no magical year 9 or 10 year turnaround and suddenly we’re a contender.

Even if this team wins out the rest of the season, Bohl goes into year nine with a .500 record. That’s not a quality program. But I guess it doesn’t really matter as long as they keep selling tickets.
52-56
cowpoke pride
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time

A lot of Brown and Gold glasses optimism back then.

Not so much currently.

At this point, 6-6 or 7-5 is best case scenario. Complete and total flame out given expectations going in.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times

McPeachy wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:09 pm Sept. 4th vs. Montana State
Sept. 11th @ Northern Illinois
Sept. 18th vs. Ball State
Sept. 25th @ Connecticut

Oct. 9th @ AFA
Oct. 16th vs. Fresno State
Oct. 23rd vs. New Mexico
Oct. 30th @ SJSU

Nov. 6 vs. CSewe
Nov. 12th @ Boise State
Nov. 20th @ Utah State
Nov. 27th vs. Hawaii

I think 8 & 4 is about right on, but will put on the B&G glasses for a 10 & 2 record, and MWC championship game against Nevada. I will copy & paste my game by game predictions. GO POKES!!!!
8 & 4? 10 & 2? I must have forgot what team I have been rooting for all my life. What a f-word embarrassment. f-word this.

Note to self (AGAIN) - temper your f-word expectations, expect a 4 & 8 record every year (especially when the coach makes some comment about the deepest and most talented team he has ever had), and when they exceed that, celebrate at some poop bowl game.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

Adv8RU12 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:00 pm The only thing I'm deducing right now is that if the record is 7-5 or worse, then in the previous years Bohl had more to do with the record than Vigen.
:( :( :(

This whole thread reads like a tragic comedy.