Ticket Package vs Craig Bohl

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

Old-Bull wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:32 pm Agreed. He shouldn't have insulted the boosters when it was obvious that Vigen was a big problem. He probably should have just been honest and told us he was being loyal to him until he found a good way to get him out of Laramie. Actually, that probably would have been a worse thing for him to say. :)
:lol: I agree that is what he was waiting/hoping for, but he could have also said a very generic coach phrase.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

BackHarlowRoad wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:08 pm Little League Coach (or no coach at all): Hurls repetitive, disrespectful insults towards people he doesn't know.

*gets called a Little League coach by someone he doesn't know*

Little League Coach: How dare you insult me like that!?!?

:D

If you're gonna give it, you're gonna have to learn to take it, whether you're right or not. Energy attracts like energy.
I certainly can't speak for everyone but it wasn't so much the little league coach statement as it was insinuating that the the general public was too stupid to understand that the lack off offensive production was so complicated and really wasn't that bad. If the defense just pulled its weight then we wouldn't even be having these questions.

The reality is that he and his staff have failed to field a competent offense or develop QBs. When Josh was drafted, the narrative was much more about how successful he was DESPITE Vigen coaching and the WYO offense. NFL coaches obviously saw the utter failure of the WYO offense. Other college coaches obviously saw the utter failure of the WYO offense because they stopped it year after year with ease. Hell, reality is that it doesn't take more than most casual fan to see the utter failure of the WYO offense. What Bohl should have said is: "Our offense is so bad, even little league teams could shut us down" which would have been more accurate than calling out fans for questioning offensive production.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:18 pm
Old-Bull wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:58 am Did he handle the press and the Wyoming boosters as well as he should have? Probably not. It would have been easier just to say he was being loyal until Vigen found a good way out of Laramie then to insult the fan base by calling us little league coaches. I can't really say I blame him for that either. If I was the head coach and heard/read some of the comments from the message board coaches, and was constantly getting asked about it by the media I probably would have told people to [#]f##k off and shut up: fire me if you want.

Bohl probably has earned a little leeway by getting us in our first conference championship game in history, and by giving us the best shot at a title that we've had since Paul Roach was the coach. He's earned a little leeway by maximizing our football budget by setting the single season attendance record.

We will see though. I wouldn't say he's on a hot seat, but it's definitely getting warmer. If he has another disappointing year this year he's probably gone.
I like Bohl; don't get me wrong. The POKES are a competent offense away from being pretty dang solid year in and year out.

The little league coach thing was off base for several reasons but mainly because the offense was putrid and he was calling out loyal fans for acknowledging how horrible the offense was. The fans were in the right. If he didn't like the questions, FIX THE OFFENSE.

I like him, but he was wrong on that.
*passing offense

What people are failing to acknowledge is that we are a great running team despite everyone knowing we’re running. We are an average passing QB away from winning the conference. Give me 62% 175-200yds and 1-2 tds per game and we’re at least 1 win from the championship game routinely We would be in a position where the BSU game is the tipping point. We win and we’re in, lose and we’re not.
W-Y, Until I Die!