Ticket Package vs Craig Bohl

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WyoGeezer
Buckaroo
Been liked: 1 time

This will be snarky, and I'm sure some of you will jump on my case, but my four football seaon tickets have been in my family since 1974, and I think I have the right to complain. We've paid Bohl millions over seven seasons for 38 wins, and the Ticket Office can't afford to send us tickets. What else can I say?
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

WyoGeezer wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:54 am This will be snarky, and I'm sure some of you will jump on my case, but my four football seaon tickets have been in my family since 1974, and I think I have the right to complain. We've paid Bohl millions over seven seasons for 38 wins, and the Ticket Office can't afford to send us tickets. What else can I say?
Agree...similar to the basketball tickets thread in the basketball forum - this very topic was discussed. I would gladly pay extra to have a ticket book personally. The athletic budget is tough this year, so I get it, but I don't like it either.

:tickedoff:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

It's like this for football,too? lame
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

I would bet Craig Bohl has absolutely nothing to do with the decision to get rid of paper tickets. In fact, if you asked him, he would probably prefer the old school method.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

Minimal contact is something that came about due to the pandemic. It's happening everywhere. I'd be willing to be that there aren't many universities left that actually send out ticket packages anymore.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

Montana is all digital ticketing now.
ImageImageImageImage
WyoGeezer
Buckaroo
Been liked: 1 time

I didn't say that Craig Bohl was responsible for the decision to not mail out season tickets. I am saying that we flushed a bunch of cash to pay an arrogant coach for a losing program, and everything else gets the leftovers. But, then again, we're just a bunch of Little League coaches who don't know squat. Seven seasons and Bohl's record is 38 and 44. Is that worth millions?
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

I dont think its an either/or. If we let go of Craig Bohl and hired a cheap coach, it wouldn't effect the ticket policy.

It might be cost saving from Covid or an attempt to limit exposure.

That arrogant coach made us enough money to afford to print tickets. In fact, he put more asses in the seats at War Memorial than Devaney, Roach, Tiller, Dye, or Eaton did. He set the average attendance record in 2019.

He might be arrogant but he's right. There are a lot of little league coaches on this board. I would bet 98 percent of this board never coached a day of football, yet most of them have advice for a guy with 3 national championship rings on his night stand.

The reason why you can't get printed tickets has nothing to do with Craig Bohl though. This thread tries to make it seem like its his fault.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Craig Bohl got the AD to find a new pizza sponsor. I think he's got some say in things.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

Old-Bull wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:32 pm He might be arrogant but he's right. There are a lot of little league coaches on this board. I would bet 98 percent of this board never coached a day of football, yet most of them have advice for a guy with 3 national championship rings on his night stand.
Actually, I think most people were just dogging the offense and how completely dysfunctional it is. Most people were pointing to Vigen saying that bottom 10-20 in CFB for offense 6 out 7 years is not acceptable. Bohl took it overboard and blamed fans for being little league coaches.

Ironically, in Bohl's closing press conferences the last 2 seasons, he pretty much regurgitates what all the "little league coaches" were saying.

Vigen and the offense were/are (until proven otherwise) terrible and it don't take an NFL coach to see that. It does, however, take an NFL coach to fix the QB mechanics Vigen failed to develop.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:29 am
Old-Bull wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:32 pm He might be arrogant but he's right. There are a lot of little league coaches on this board. I would bet 98 percent of this board never coached a day of football, yet most of them have advice for a guy with 3 national championship rings on his night stand.
Actually, I think most people were just dogging the offense and how completely dysfunctional it is. Most people were pointing to Vigen saying that bottom 10-20 in CFB for offense 6 out 7 years is not acceptable. Bohl took it overboard and blamed fans for being little league coaches.

Ironically, in Bohl's closing press conferences the last 2 seasons, he pretty much regurgitates what all the "little league coaches" were saying.

Vigen and the offense were/are (until proven otherwise) terrible and it don't take an NFL coach to see that. It does, however, take an NFL coach to fix the QB mechanics Vigen failed to develop.
I can't say that I blame him for being loyal to his assistants. Yeah, he probably stuck by Vigen too long. Still, it worked out in the end. Vigen got a head coaching opportunity and we got a new offensive coordinator. We also shifted the blame from Vigen squarely onto Craig Bohl. The next bad decision will fall on him. I think that's how he wanted it. He shouldered the responsibility for his poor offensive coordinator and was willing to take the risk of getting fired to help out his friend and return the loyalty that Vigen showed Bohl over the years. I think that kind of character is admirable. Did he handle the press and the Wyoming boosters as well as he should have? Probably not. It would have been easier just to say he was being loyal until Vigen found a good way out of Laramie then to insult the fan base by calling us little league coaches. I can't really say I blame him for that either. If I was the head coach and heard/read some of the comments from the message board coaches, and was constantly getting asked about it by the media I probably would have told people to f-word off and shut up: fire me if you want.

Bohl probably has earned a little leeway by getting us in our first conference championship game in history, and by giving us the best shot at a title that we've had since Paul Roach was the coach. He's earned a little leeway by maximizing our football budget by setting the single season attendance record.

We will see though. I wouldn't say he's on a hot seat, but it's definitely getting warmer. If he has another disappointing year this year he's probably gone.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

Old-Bull wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:58 am We will see though. I wouldn't say he's on a hot seat, but it's definitely getting warmer. If he has another disappointing year this year he's probably gone.
Anything less than 8 wins will be disappointing to this fan, considering our OOC schedule, and how the MWC schedule is looking / shaping up. That said, he isn't in jeopardy of losing his position at UW this year...unless...he doesn't win a game. Or MAYBE has a similar repeat of the 2015 season when UW won the state of Nevada. Even then, I think he will be here for at least 3 more years - and will be afforded that time frame to win the MWC.
Last edited by McPeachy on Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dear Karma,

Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

Old-Bull wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:58 am Bohl probably has earned a little leeway by getting us in our first conference championship game in history, and by giving us the best shot at a title that we've had since Paul Roach was the coach. He's earned a little leeway by maximizing our football budget by setting the single season attendance record.

Wyoming was in the first ever WAC Championship game in Vegas in 1996 but lost to the ^*(&^*((^%*( maggots. :tickedoff:

Bohl's championship game appearance in 2016 was our second ever.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

McPeachy wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:32 pm
Old-Bull wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:58 am We will see though. I wouldn't say he's on a hot seat, but it's definitely getting warmer. If he has another disappointing year this year he's probably gone.
Anything less than 8 wins will be disappointing to this fan, considering our OOC schedule, and how the MWC schedule is looking / shaping up. That said, he isn't in jeopardy of losing his position at UW this year...unless...he doesn't win a game. Or MAYBE has a similar repeat of the 2015 season when won the state of Nevada. Even then, I think he will be here for at least 3 more years - and will be afforded that time frame to win the MWC.
I think 8 wins is about right. I expect more with our cream puff ooc and our home conference schedule. We shouldn't lose in Laramie this year. With the returning production(2nd in the country) and a new oc I think a lot of Wyoming fans expect us to be in the hunt for the title. I know I do. If we have a 7-5 or worse season, or some bad losses that knock us out of the race early his seat is going to get hot.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

Old-Bull wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:59 pm
McPeachy wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:32 pm
Anything less than 8 wins will be disappointing to this fan, considering our OOC schedule, and how the MWC schedule is looking / shaping up. That said, he isn't in jeopardy of losing his position at UW this year...unless...he doesn't win a game. Or MAYBE has a similar repeat of the 2015 season when won the state of Nevada. Even then, I think he will be here for at least 3 more years - and will be afforded that time frame to win the MWC.
I think 8 wins is about right. I expect more with our cream puff ooc and our home conference schedule. We shouldn't lose in Laramie this year. With the returning production(2nd in the country) and a new oc I think a lot of Wyoming fans expect us to be in the hunt for the title. I know I do. If we have a 7-5 or worse season, or some bad losses that knock us out of the race early his seat is going to get hot.
Agree - 7 & 5 gets your seat warm. I don't see that happening, but I have been wearing B&G glasses for more than 55 years.

I think it is time for the prediction thread...
Dear Karma,

Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Wyokie wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:46 pm
Old-Bull wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:58 am Bohl probably has earned a little leeway by getting us in our first conference championship game in history, and by giving us the best shot at a title that we've had since Paul Roach was the coach. He's earned a little leeway by maximizing our football budget by setting the single season attendance record.

Wyoming was in the first ever WAC Championship game in Vegas in 1996 but lost to the ^*(&^*((^%*( maggots. :tickedoff:

I was talking about MWC title, although I admit I didn't think about that game because I'm still a little traumatized by the safety call. ;)
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

Old-Bull wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:01 pm
Wyokie wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:46 pm

I was talking about MWC title, although I admit I didn't think about that game because I'm still a little traumatized by the safety call. ;)
EVERY Wyoming fan is still traumatized by that stupid call!!!!!! :brick:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

Old-Bull wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:58 am Did he handle the press and the Wyoming boosters as well as he should have? Probably not. It would have been easier just to say he was being loyal until Vigen found a good way out of Laramie then to insult the fan base by calling us little league coaches. I can't really say I blame him for that either. If I was the head coach and heard/read some of the comments from the message board coaches, and was constantly getting asked about it by the media I probably would have told people to [#]f##k off and shut up: fire me if you want.

Bohl probably has earned a little leeway by getting us in our first conference championship game in history, and by giving us the best shot at a title that we've had since Paul Roach was the coach. He's earned a little leeway by maximizing our football budget by setting the single season attendance record.

We will see though. I wouldn't say he's on a hot seat, but it's definitely getting warmer. If he has another disappointing year this year he's probably gone.
I like Bohl; don't get me wrong. The POKES are a competent offense away from being pretty dang solid year in and year out.

The little league coach thing was off base for several reasons but mainly because the offense was putrid and he was calling out loyal fans for acknowledging how horrible the offense was. The fans were in the right. If he didn't like the questions, FIX THE OFFENSE.

I like him, but he was wrong on that.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:18 pm
Old-Bull wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:58 am Did he handle the press and the Wyoming boosters as well as he should have? Probably not. It would have been easier just to say he was being loyal until Vigen found a good way out of Laramie then to insult the fan base by calling us little league coaches. I can't really say I blame him for that either. If I was the head coach and heard/read some of the comments from the message board coaches, and was constantly getting asked about it by the media I probably would have told people to [#]f##k off and shut up: fire me if you want.

I like Bohl; don't get me wrong. The POKES are a competent offense away from being pretty dang solid year in and year out.

The little league coach thing was off base for several reasons but mainly because the offense was putrid and he was calling out loyal fans for acknowledging how horrible the offense was. The fans were in the right. If he didn't like the questions, FIX THE OFFENSE.

I like him, but he was wrong on that.
Agreed. He shouldn't have insulted the boosters when it was obvious that Vigen was a big problem. He probably should have just been honest and told us he was being loyal to him until he found a good way to get him out of Laramie. Actually, that probably would have been a worse thing for him to say. :)
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

Little League Coach (or no coach at all): Hurls repetitive, disrespectful insults towards people he doesn't know.

*gets called a Little League coach by someone he doesn't know*

Little League Coach: How dare you insult me like that!?!?

:D

If you're gonna give it, you're gonna have to learn to take it, whether you're right or not. Energy attracts like energy.