Not to jinx it. but could be a pretty good run in the coming years.

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

Vigen is gone which I believe will improve the offense (though QB play has to improve dramatically) and it seems a competent offense has been the only thing holding this team back. Not a lights out, 50 points a game offense; just a competent offense. If the boys are improved as I think they will be, WYO should at least be in the conversation for unseating bsu. Not saying the POKES will, but could be legit contenders to do so.

I didn't watch a lot of bball this year, but the improvement looks legit with an excellent group of really young players. Perhaps, the bball POKES will also be in the conversation for competing at the top end of the conference.

Can you imagine? A football and bball championship in the same year?!! I'm not predicting that, but it is nice to be able to not rule it out! Go ahead and throw a women's bball championship in there for good measure.

I've been hard on Burman before, but it looks like the AD is doing a pretty good job. Kudos to the coaches and the athletic department.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 10 times

No matter who the coaches and coordinators are, the key is to take care of business. beat the teams we should, no crippling losses. Win 50% of the games against better competition. If we do that, 8+ wins is a possibility.
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 21 times

Looking at how bad we've been on the road under Bohl, I'm not too optimistic about next year. 7 or 8 wins will be probably be our ceiling, with most of those wins coming against the easier portion of our schedule at home. What would it take to win 9-10? Beating quality conference opponents on the road. If our new coordinator gets the offense up and running, maybe we win 9 or 10. I doubt it though. I'm thinking another 7 win season if I had to bet on it.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson
cowpoke pride
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

I think basketball is closer than football. Basketball has a lot of upside and a high ceiling. Football is a lot closer to their ceiling and Boise isn't going anywhere.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Basketball is exciting stuff. We really have some young players that are exciting. Might be another year away from truly competing for a 'ship, but I actually think we'll be there competing for the regular season crown sooner rather than later.

Football can definitely win 8+ for the foreseeable future. I'd give my left foot for a football champiionsip.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:07 pm Basketball is exciting stuff. We really have some young players that are exciting. Might be another year away from truly competing for a 'ship, but I actually think we'll be there competing for the regular season crown sooner rather than later.

Football can definitely win 8+ for the foreseeable future. I'd give my left foot for a football champiionsip.
How long has it been since both teams were competative in the same season?

The bball team is exciting because UW packs the house as good as any team in the nation when they are winning.

I'm pretty excited for the next few years.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 10 times

bullbugle307 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:01 pm Looking at how bad we've been on the road under Bohl, I'm not too optimistic about next year. 7 or 8 wins will be probably be our ceiling, with most of those wins coming against the easier portion of our schedule at home. What would it take to win 9-10? Beating quality conference opponents on the road. If our new coordinator gets the offense up and running, maybe we win 9 or 10. I doubt it though. I'm thinking another 7 win season if I had to bet on it.
Do you think the defense will be able to stand up in the next couple to few seasons?