A lot of you won’t be happy

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

But Grant was promoted to offensive passing game coordinator
W-Y, Until I Die!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

Meh, if Bohl thinks it will work, then who am I to doubt. Vigen is gone so we're bound to see some changes.

I like Bohl but this is make or break for him, imo. I'm in full support of whatever he thinks will fix the offense. The caveat is that it better truly fix the offense or it is time to consider moving on. I think he'll get it fixed and there won't be anything to worry about.

For the record, I'm not necessarily saying a specific win number; just that he needs to show he can field a well rounded team with a functional offense. Wins should be there but if the ball bounces the other way in a few close losses to good teams, I personally won't get too worried about it as long as the entire team is performing well.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
WyoGeezer
Buckaroo
Been liked: 1 time

I'm guessing that Grant has been waiting for a chance to create a REAL passing attack ... and Keeping his Mouth Shut. He's been coaching for a long time, so he definitely knows about patience and perseverance. One of the factors that really bodes well for me is that no matter how Vigen screwed things up with his fearful and conservative approach, the team refused to give up and quit. The Nevada game last fall is a good example. Fingers crossed!
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 80 times

WyoGeezer wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:14 pm I'm guessing that Grant has been waiting for a chance to create a REAL passing attack ... and Keeping his Mouth Shut. He's been coaching for a long time, so he definitely knows about patience and perseverance. One of the factors that really bodes well for me is that no matter how Vigen screwed things up with his fearful and conservative approach, the team refused to give up and quit. The Nevada game last fall is a good example. Fingers crossed!
I hope you are right. My concern stems from the fact that our WR drop a lot of balls, run meh routes, can't get separation and are mediocre blockers. Other than that, I'd say Grant is knocking it out of the park. Perhaps without Brent Vanilla Vigen at the healm, things will change. It has to start with fundamentals though - and so far, they haven't been apparent in the WR corps.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

hmmm puzzling. Our passing game has sucked, so it's disheartening to not see a completely new leaf turned over. I mean, when our receivers do get separation they don't even know how to draw an easy PI on an underthrown ball. That's bad coaching
WyoGeezer
Buckaroo
Been liked: 1 time

You guys are right. Maybe I'm being foolishly optimistic. The receivers have been sketchy indeed. Perhaps the good ones knew instinctively how to play the position, or they had really good coaching in high school. If Grant can't get it done .... Well, What can I say? Bohl's coaching legacy goes deeper into the dumpster. What I haven't been able to figure out, since Bohl has been at Wyoming, is why he doesn't seem to care about his win-loss record or his place in the history of Wyoming Football Coaches. With his huge, undeserved salary, the absurd contract extension, a generous buy-out clause in his contract, and the unpleasant economic situation at UW, I think we might very well be stuck with him until his contract expires. NOT what I had in mind! No more FCS coaches!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

For those of you that don't have much faith in Grant, I wouldn't worry too much about it. These types of promotions are mostly symbolic and typically and increase in title and pay, not so much in responsibility. Will Grant get some say in the passing game, sure. But with a new OC coming in, Grant will be an adviser, Polasek will be calling the shots (offensively).
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

We're truly gonna see what Bohl is made of this season, afterall it is year 8 time to really see what ur all about