19 Filled Scholarships - 2021 Class

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

So...that leaves us with 6, 7, 8, etc., to fill?

Anyone have thoughts, heard anything on if they intend to fill those spots? With the seniors not counting against scholarship numbers as well in 2021, one would think this would be a prime opportunity to sign a huge class / have a huge roster.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

My guess would be that they might fill a few of those spots but they won't fill them all. Even though those seniors won't count against roster numbers, their scholarships will still cost money that needs to be raised. So if you add 6 or 7 more scholarship players, you've got to come up with extra money for 6 or 7 more scholarships. Given the financial hardships that the state and a lot of people are facing, that's a big ask.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

McPeachy wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:53 am So...that leaves us with 6, 7, 8, etc., to fill?

Anyone have thoughts, heard anything on if they intend to fill those spots? With the seniors not counting against scholarship numbers as well in 2021, one would think this would be a prime opportunity to sign a huge class / have a huge roster.
Bohl talked about it in the signing day press conference. It was by design. This year the scholarship limit is 25 + normal. Next year it drops back to normal. They kept some scholarships so they can recruit next year and don't end up with too many guys in one class.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

I'd keep any eye out for a late add long snapper transfer.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Be great to have DQ to be that playmaker. Certainly fast enough. And adding Evans with what looks like the ability to fight for the ball is great. So glad to hear the opt outs are all back
W-Y, Until I Die!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:18 pm I'd keep any eye out for a late add long snapper transfer.
Sunn (true freshman) was the long snapper last year. He's got 4 more years...You know some background info we don't?