NFL talent

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

Who do you guys see on this years team as making it to the next level? X is an obvious thought, but he’s smaller and not as punishing as Hill was. Not sure who else would even be in discussion other than maybe Mumma and Neyor?! Rome Weber and Byrd could be eventually I think as well. I think we can sneak a few practice squad guys outta this team
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

Muma for sure
X will get a shot. He's fast and can break tackles.
I doubt we'll see Weber or Byrd in brown and gold again
Keegan Cryder and Logan Harris will both get a shot
Abojei will get a shot at a practice squad if nothing else for his size
Crall has a practice squad shot too
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:52 pm Muma for sure
X will get a shot. He's fast and can break tackles.
I doubt we'll see Weber or Byrd in brown and gold again
Keegan Cryder and Logan Harris will both get a shot
Abojei will get a shot at a practice squad if nothing else for his size
Crall has a practice squad shot too
I think you’re right for the most part. I’d love to see Crall in the nfl but our best DEs get limited time
In the nfl. If he went jj watt abs juiced he’d probably be amazing. I think Cryder and Abojei are best O line prospects. Abojei for sure if he wants it bad enough
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Welch the TE has a shot. Just needs to learn to catch. He’s like Dawson Knox on the bills. Athletic but can’t catch well
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

I could see Crall as a 7th round pick or undrafted guy and make an NFL roster.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Also here is my wild card pick that you are all going to laugh me out of the room - Neyor.

I also projected Tashaun Gipson to the NFL when he was a freshman because of his athletic tools. I was laughed out of the room then too.

EDIT - I see the OP also has Neyor on the list.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Agree with Neyor, he is probably the most athletic player on the team.

Not sure why Lander is so down on Welch, he is probably top 3 of best hands on the team, easily made the highlight catch of the year for UW (1-hander against New Mexico).

Agree with 1016's list for the most part. Coldon and Hearn could both get looks depending on how their next 1-2 years end up.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

With players not having to burn a year's eligibility it'd probably be wise for players to stay thru next year then test NFL waters after that, this year was not a pure indication of talent and performance, sorry my thoughts there
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

WestWYOPoke wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:35 pm Agree with Neyor, he is probably the most athletic player on the team.

Not sure why Lander is so down on Welch, he is probably top 3 of best hands on the team, easily made the highlight catch of the year for UW (1-hander against New Mexico).

Agree with 1016's list for the most part. Coldon and Hearn could both get looks depending on how their next 1-2 years end up.
Haha!
Top 3 hands on the team? Agreed, but what does that prove?
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Neyor shows a lot of promise. Good size, speed, but consistency (either due to coaching, QB, or both) is holding him back.

Muma I see getting some good looks.

Abojei likes to use his size and power in run blocking, but like the rest of the line, seems to have issues in pass blocking.

Valladay is a decent prospect. RB is a position where size isn't the end all, and RBs of all sizes have proven to be Hall of Famers.

Trey Smith, that kid does have the size (could maybe use a little more?) for a powerback in the NFL.