Josh Allen and the Bills

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

On another note; major props to Beasely the last few weeks. Why? Guy played on a half-broken fibula since the Pats game a few weeks ago.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nfl-bills- ... 48334.html

And surprisingly, Beasely was one of the guys to actually get some good yards during the game. That said; pass protection broke down too often, and without a big pass catcher TE or WR out there, the passing game of the Bills just had too many problems. Kelce is a freakin' nightmare to cover, while Hill just zips around everything and everyone one. White is good, but he can't be on two guys at once. Knox isn't terrible, but needs to prove to be more reliable. Same with Davis.

Defensively; should the Bills could Star back (a true block eating NT), then I could see the rush defense taking a step forward. But Edmunds, Allen's fellow 1st round draft partner, has been inconsistent at best. Maybe try him at OLB rather than MLB and look for a more reliable one in FA or draft?
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

He'll learn soooo much from this and be way better for it, too bad KCs sooo good in the AFC for quite a few years to come, we shall see
WyoGeezer
Buckaroo
Been liked: 1 time

One of the talking heads on ESPN was bad-mouthing Josh, saying that there was no comparison between him and Patrick. "He had his chance to prove himself, and blew it." People won't or can't accept the fact that Josh doesn't have a complete supporting cast. Running game is sketchy. O-Line is sketchy. Defense is sketchy. The receivers are great, but that isn't enough. I hope that the Bill's brain trust is working on it. I'm glad the Bills lost in the Championship game, and not in the SuperBowl, however. FIVE SuperBowl losses would be really demoralizing. The Chiefs played dirty, and consequently I'm beginning to hope that Brady gets Number Seven.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

WyoGeezer wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:09 am One of the talking heads on ESPN was bad-mouthing Josh, saying that there was no comparison between him and Patrick. "He had his chance to prove himself, and blew it." People won't or can't accept the fact that Josh doesn't have a complete supporting cast. Running game is sketchy. O-Line is sketchy. Defense is sketchy. The receivers are great, but that isn't enough. I hope that the Bill's brain trust is working on it. I'm glad the Bills lost in the Championship game, and not in the SuperBowl, however. FIVE SuperBowl losses would be really demoralizing. The Chiefs played dirty, and consequently I'm beginning to hope that Brady gets Number Seven.
I consume a lot of sports media and any downer opinions on JA are decidedly in the minority. That being said...he (and the entire Bills team) got outplayed by Mahomes and KC. I think the Bill's GM said it best when he told the press at the end of year press conference that .."we are not a super bowl team yet". Ultimately...for the Bill's to have won that game...Josh would have had to play out of his mind. With the injury situation they were in, and playing against a far superior offensive team, the path to victory was small to say the least. It's not like people can say that Josh lost it for them...but, like I said, Josh needed to have an all time game for the Bills to win it...
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

WyoGeezer wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:09 am One of the talking heads on ESPN was bad-mouthing Josh, saying that there was no comparison between him and Patrick. "He had his chance to prove himself, and blew it." People won't or can't accept the fact that Josh doesn't have a complete supporting cast. Running game is sketchy. O-Line is sketchy. Defense is sketchy. The receivers are great, but that isn't enough. I hope that the Bill's brain trust is working on it. I'm glad the Bills lost in the Championship game, and not in the SuperBowl, however. FIVE SuperBowl losses would be really demoralizing. The Chiefs played dirty, and consequently I'm beginning to hope that Brady gets Number Seven.
Overall I don't think the Chiefs played dirty. 57 was dirty but no one else was taking cheap shots. They were very physical on defense pressing receivers off the line and holding them down the field. The referees let them play physical which made windows very tight for the Bills.

On the other hand the Bills played scared on defense and created huge windows which made it easy on Mahomes. Allen would have had a huge day if he had been in a Chiefs uniform. Mahomes would have struggled if he had been in a Bills uniform. These people pointing the finger at Josh are clueless and doing so just to stir the pot and get a reaction.