Wyo - Boise

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

HR_Poke wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:15 pm
307bball wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:13 pm
laxwyo wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:12 pm
drupp5456 wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:42 pm Might end up losing Beerup to the transfer portal. If I were him I would transfer. The kid has talent and they are strait up doin him
His delivery is weird. I’m not sure I agree with you
small sample size....cant tell if he sux or is great.
Give him a full year under vigen, he will suck then.
He probably sux now.
HR_Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

307bball wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:20 pm
HR_Poke wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:15 pm
307bball wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:13 pm
laxwyo wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:12 pm
drupp5456 wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:42 pm Might end up losing Beerup to the transfer portal. If I were him I would transfer. The kid has talent and they are strait up doin him
His delivery is weird. I’m not sure I agree with you
small sample size....cant tell if he sux or is great.
Give him a full year under vigen, he will suck then.
He probably sux now.
So do our receivers. Recruiting and coaching skill positions is awful
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 21 times

Well, that was a pathetic season.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

How did Vigen and Bohl get dubbed qb gurus? Out of all of this, I think that might be their weakest attribute. I haven’t seen a qb really develop under this regime.
W-Y, Until I Die!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Hey Cowboy coaches, Field goals don't win games if u can't score touchdowns, glad that season(if that's what we want to call it) is over, hoping there's a shake up of some kind/type
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 12 times

Anyone care to write the post game BS script for this one?

oh wait, we are going to get the same speech we have heard for the past 4 years......
SheepSlayer
Buckaroo

Other than “he’s good buddies with Bohl and Bohl would never fire him”, can anyone make an argument that Vigen should keep his job? Does anyone actually think he’s even a mediocre OC? Unfortunately we’ll be having this same exact conversation in 12 months..
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 14 times

SheepSlayer wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:10 pm Other than “he’s good buddies with Bohl and Bohl would never fire him”, can anyone make an argument that Vigen should keep his job? Does anyone actually think he’s even a mediocre OC? Unfortunately we’ll be having this same exact conversation in 12 months..
I doubt we will be having this exact conversation next year. If our offense is this horrible next year and we have a losing record, our conversation will be about our new head coaching search.
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 12 times

phxpoke wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:05 pm
SheepSlayer wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:10 pm Other than “he’s good buddies with Bohl and Bohl would never fire him”, can anyone make an argument that Vigen should keep his job? Does anyone actually think he’s even a mediocre OC? Unfortunately we’ll be having this same exact conversation in 12 months..
I doubt we will be having this exact conversation next year. If our offense is this horrible next year and we have a losing record, our conversation will be about our new head coaching search.
This is the decision Bohl will have to make.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

laxwyo wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:29 pm How did Vigen and Bohl get dubbed qb gurus? Out of all of this, I think that might be their weakest attribute. I haven’t seen a qb really develop under this regime.
But... muh josh Allen. Muh Carson Wentz!!

One fell into their laps, one wasn’t utilized until Bohl and Vigen left NDSU. Neither of these gurus knew who Josh was or believed Wentz was good enough to start for them.

I appreciate Bohl pulling our program out of the gutter. I now question if he is the one to take the next step. Until he can look himself in the mirror and admit his antiquated and ineffective (without a team full of NFL caliber talent (barely)) offense needs updating, this is the best we’ll get from him.

There has been no progression of the offense. It’s the same lackluster garbage since the day they arrived on campus. Thank god we have a defense or his abysmal record would be even worse and he realistically wouldn’t be the highest paid state employee in Wyoming.

Bottom line, this isn’t good enough. It isn’t cowboy tough to bury your head in the sand to the real issues. It’s idiotic and a change is needed. I’m not saying Bohl needs fired, but a change is needed. I can’t imagine the state is real stoked about cutting Vigen a $50K check in January after another turd like this.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

next year, if we have a dumpster fire, Bohl will not be fired. His seat will be warm. He just got an extension
W-Y, Until I Die!
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

laxwyo wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:22 am
next year, if we have a dumpster fire, Bohl will not be fired. His seat will be warm. He just got an extension
Which means it's probably time for our new president to look pretty hard at Burman, his record, and how long he's been there. As far as I know, he's our longest-serving AD and has managed to tank our basketball program twice and hired a guy as a football coach who can't get a Pop Warner gig these days.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory