Punter is worthless

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Get a new one
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

How about getting one of the girls off the soccer team?

I'm joking btw.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Wyokie wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:27 pm How about getting one of the girls off the soccer team?

I'm joking btw.
Haha !
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:31 pm
Wyokie wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:27 pm How about getting one of the girls off the soccer team?

I'm joking btw.
Haha !
Side note...I feel bad for the girl at Vandy. She didn't ask for this whole mess.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 21 times

Yeah. She stepped up when her school was in need. My hats off to her.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

bullbugle307 wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:26 am Yeah. She stepped up when her school was in need. My hats off to her.
The media made a mountain out of a molehill. Yeah, it's nice to see a woman try playing major Division I-A/FBS football at a power 5 school but still....
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 21 times

I don't disagree with you there.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 80 times

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:23 pm Get a new one
What about a 35 yard punt average doesn't excite you? 4 punts. 3 fair catches. And a 35 yard average. Ugh.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Worth noting as well that kickoffs have not been reaching the end zone consistently. Wyoming should be a school that is attractive to prospective kickers. To kick at the highest altitude stadium should be an easy sell for this program. I realize some weather and wind are possibilities but kicking at high altitude compared to sea level gave me a noticeable increase in distance. I went to the middle of the field (steamboat) logo and could hit a 60 yard field goal going either way, something I was not able to do at sea level.

I have heard Bohl coaches the kickers as well? Can anyone confirm that?
I'm good for 3!
WyoGeezer
Buckaroo
Been liked: 1 time

Is CORNPOKE part of THE GOSAR GANG?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

LawPoke wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:50 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:23 pm Get a new one
What about a 35 yard punt average doesn't excite you? 4 punts. 3 fair catches. And a 35 yard average. Ugh.
We currently have a good punter on our team . His name is Dante Crowe. But bohl won’t use him. He had a very healthy average when he was punting
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 64 times

Wyokie wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:49 am
bullbugle307 wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:26 am Yeah. She stepped up when her school was in need. My hats off to her.
The media made a mountain out of a molehill. Yeah, it's nice to see a woman try playing major Division I-A/FBS football at a power 5 school but still....
I mean this in all seriousness: Why is it nice? Are you saying women should be playing in men's sports? Is it supposed to be proof that women are capable of being on the same field as men? Because they aren't. I'm really getting tired of hearing that gender is a social construct until a woman breaks a new barrier. Its silly. It was a publicity stunt and nothing more.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 8 times

bladerunnr wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:36 am
I mean this in all seriousness: Why is it nice? Are you saying women should be playing in men's sports? Is it supposed to be proof that women are capable of being on the same field as men? Because they aren't. I'm really getting tired of hearing that gender is a social construct until a woman breaks a new barrier. Its silly. It was a publicity stunt and nothing more.
When you think of it from a feasibility stand point, it may have actually been the best option regardless of the publicity aspect (which is certainly present).

Vandy found out just a few days before the game that they were basically out of kickers, only 1 punter left, due to Covid, injuries, etc.

With just a few days there is no time to hold tryouts or bring in someone from the outside. Due to NCAA eligibility and acclimatization regulations an outsider wouldn't be eligible in time. However, someone from another fall team would have already been acclimatized and finished all eligibility paperwork. There is no men's soccer team, so women's it is. Typically your goalies are going to have your best place kick on a soccer team, so they brought in the goalie with the best boot.

After the game, they said they would look at potential tryouts or bringing a past kicker that was no longer on the roster.

Long story short: was it a publicity stunt? Of course. But it also may have been their best option on short notice.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

WestWYOPoke wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:09 am
bladerunnr wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:36 am
When you think of it from a feasibility stand point, it may have actually been the best option regardless of the publicity aspect (which is certainly present).

Vandy found out just a few days before the game that they were basically out of kickers, only 1 punter left, due to Covid, injuries, etc.

With just a few days there is no time to hold tryouts or bring in someone from the outside. Due to NCAA eligibility and acclimatization regulations an outsider wouldn't be eligible in time. However, someone from another fall team would have already been acclimatized and finished all eligibility paperwork. There is no men's soccer team, so women's it is. Typically your goalies are going to have your best place kick on a soccer team, so they brought in the goalie with the best boot.

After the game, they said they would look at potential tryouts or bringing a past kicker that was no longer on the roster.

Long story short: was it a publicity stunt? Of course. But it also may have been their best option on short notice.
Thanks, WestWYOPoke, for doing a better job of explaining things. I don't think I coulda done better. :thumb: