Milton for a 1 and done?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

M. Milton transferring. Knee is huge question mark but it's only a year if schollies are available. Kid could throw pretty good prior to injury. Think we throw our hat in the ring?
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Milton isn't looking to Wyoming, let's be realistic. I still believe he ends up at Nebraska.

But beyond that, it doesn't make any sense to bring in a one and done guy considering that Chambers will qualify as a sophomore and Williams a redshirt freshman next year. Did you want to alienate Chambers and Williams so that they transfer and so that we are left with nothing at QB behind Milton?
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

IF you have schollies and the coaches think he'll make the team better, go after him.

Chambers and Williams will be ready to compete for the starting job.

Whoever gives the team the best chance to win, starts. Others keep ready in case they are needed and play their role to help the team in any way they can.

Anyone without that attitude can hit the road. It's not complicated. Question is do we have schollies and would be help the team? He wants to get to the NFL; this is where everyone claims Vigen is a guru. He should be able to put forward a strong recruiting pitch.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Ha, hell no. This guy wouldn't even be medically cleared to play at a bunch of programs in the country. He went from being a starter on an undefeated team to a scout team QB, not even a backup.

Unless Chambers AND Williams both up and leave, stay the hell away from this guy.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

WestWYOPoke wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:59 pm Ha, hell no. This guy wouldn't even be medically cleared to play at a bunch of programs in the country. He went from being a starter on an undefeated team to a scout team QB, not even a backup.

Unless Chambers AND Williams both up and leave, stay the hell away from this guy.
I think he was only cleared to play few months ago and I'm sure they didn't want to rush him back in. You could be right, but I'm hoping you aren't (i.e. I'd like to see the kid really prosper at his next stop--I hate career altering injuries like that).
He wants to find a team with a chance to win that has a solid offensive line and needs a veteran quarterback, but he is not going to rush his decision.
Oredigger is right that he's thinking P5 at this point (at least I'm also guessing that is the case); even if he's considering G5, I'm not sure we fit his criteria.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

WestWYOPoke wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:59 pm Ha, hell no. This guy wouldn't even be medically cleared to play at a bunch of programs in the country. He went from being a starter on an undefeated team to a scout team QB, not even a backup.

I'd be curious to hear if he has to wear a drop-foot brace after the nerve damage he suffered. Can't be good for a football player.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Been liked: 31 times

Grew up in Hawaii, played college ball at Florida, he'd never survive in Laramie.
ImageImageImageImage
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 8 times

WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:35 am

I'd be curious to hear if he has to wear a drop-foot brace after the nerve damage he suffered. Can't be good for a football player.
I wouldn't be surprised if he has some bracing/taping necessities. For most positions on the field it would be difficult. Dual threat QB would be highly doubtful but he could probably still function as a pocket passer.

I wish the guy luck, certainly will be rooting for him, just don't know that we want Wyo to take on that challenge.