OT: Wyoming High School football

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 43 times

Just a quick question for those still in Wyoming or knows the answer...

Were any games cancelled due to COVID? I know the playoff went off without any games being cancelled, Thank Gawd. My parents' alma mater won the 3A Title (GO CODY).

Reason I ask is a lot of Oklahoma high schools had their games cancelled including playoff game. Oklahoma still having at least 2 more rounds playoffs. Some of the state finals here are scheduled to be played the Saturday before Christmas.

My alma mater, Putnam City North here in OKC, had two regular season games cancelled plus another moved to the following Monday after the original scheduled date. Sadly, PC North didn't make it past the State Quarterfinals finishing 7-3 with a 6-2 regular season mark. Normally we play 10 games in the regular season.

Incidentally, a PC North grad played for Wyoming back in the early 90s and was co-captain of the 1995 team, Jeremy Gilstrap.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

I know of only a couple games that were cancelled due to covid.

Delaying the MWC season was the most idiotic thing known to mankind
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 43 times

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:38 pm I know of only a couple games that were cancelled due to covid.

Delaying the MWC season was the most idiotic thing known to mankind
Thanks on the Wyoming question.

As for the MWC thing, I agree but....not surprised in the least at what ended up happening. T.V. money is very powerful. Far more than simple common sense! :roll:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!