Colorado State...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

cowpoke pride
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

It would have been nice to not have to wait 11 months for another crack at them.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

0 benefit to them. Not a surprising response, imo.

Wish we could have played cu.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Pansies
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 21 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:51 am 0 benefit to them. Not a surprising response, imo.

I don't really blame em. For those who think they should've taken the game, would you feel the same way if the situation were reversed? Would you want us to risk injury to key players for a meaningless game?

I wouldn't. What would happen if we lost Williams in a meaningless game, for example?
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

bullbugle307 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:26 pm
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:51 am 0 benefit to them. Not a surprising response, imo.

I don't really blame em. For those who think they should've taken the game, would you feel the same way if the situation were reversed? Would you want us to risk injury to key players for a meaningless game?

I wouldn't. What would happen if we lost Williams in a meaningless game, for example?
One could argue that every game for CSU and Wyoming here on out is meaningless. Neither team will be playing for a MWC championship and both teams will be lucky to play a total of 6 games on the season. I will tell you who a game between CSU and Wyoming is not meaningless to...the players! A game between the schools could at least generate some revenues to offset the large financial losses that both athletic programs are facing. CSU has no reason not to play this game (that will benefit both programs) other than fear of losing. I call that cowardice, sorry.
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 21 times

No apologies needed, I was just curious on your guys thoughts. I bet a lot of the players wanted to play, and I wouldn't be surprised if Addazio didn't want to too.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson
drupp5456
Buckaroo

The reason nobody wants to come to Laramie is because they know they will get beat. Not only beat but banged up! If a team doesn’t play physical against Wyoming they have zero chance of winning.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

They have the boot; beat us handily. What's in it for them? Revenue? From where? If we win do we get the boot back? I don't blame them.

Rivalries should be once a year unless meeting up in a championship game (for our league obviously impossible for WYO-csu).
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 10 times

Well the NCAA changed the rules for bowl games this season.. not sure we would make one anyway. But every game does count.