Let’s go!!

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

[media] [/media]
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

Looking forward to see the details. I have heard 4 home, 4 away...with up to 11000 fans being allowed, depending. Not sure how the season ticket / game ticket thing is going to work out either. Hopefully this site will keep on top of the news and process, as our state media sucks ass (with the exception being Michael Katz at the WTE & his twitter).

Not sure I like the "asterisk" season we are going into. So, if we win them all, "so what, it was an abbreviated season" and if we lose them all, "so what, it was an abbreviated season". UW is poised to have a helluva year, and all I can think about is the "so what" that is now out there from the MWC fumbling the f-word out of this. I guess for the most part everyone in the MWC is in the same boat, with the exception of AFA.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

If we win them all , I’ll gladly take an asterisk championship lol
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

I don't assume any schedule has been released yet? Sure hope we have a home game the 24th or 31st, I may actually be able to go one of those days!
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Games better be on widely accessed TV or streamed.
Expat_Poke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 3 times

McPeachy wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:43 am Looking forward to see the details. I have heard 4 home, 4 away...with up to 11000 fans being allowed, depending. Not sure how the season ticket / game ticket thing is going to work out either. Hopefully this site will keep on top of the news and process, as our state media sucks A$$ (with the exception being Michael Katz at the WTE & his twitter).

Not sure I like the "asterisk" season we are going into. So, if we win them all, "so what, it was an abbreviated season" and if we lose them all, "so what, it was an abbreviated season". UW is poised to have a helluva year, and all I can think about is the "so what" that is now out there from the MWC fumbling the [#]f##k out of this. I guess for the most part everyone in the MWC is in the same boat, with the exception of AFA.
Eh, provided all teams are able to play 8 games I don't see it as a huge asterisk. Yeah we lost the 4 non-conf games so less time to work out kinks and get prepared for the conference slate, and yeah living situations are a bit different which is likely to affect on field performance. That written provided every team plays all 8 games, that is a full conference slate and a full conference season.

Wish MWC would have had it in gear, because in all reality not much as changed between August and now, they can point to better testing, but I think what you lose in missing additional byes to make up games is a worse trade off. Oh well that boat has sailed. Here is to hoping that the season goes well and Go Pokes!
Returned from my 4 year exodus in Greenieville
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

I wonder how they handle AF? There really aren't any open weekends and AF plays Army Nov 7, that means someone in the MWC isn't playing that day either. At least they wouldn't be playing a MWC game.

Will some teams have 7 conference games and some teams have 8? Anxious to see the schedule.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

I heard from someone, who heard from someone, who heard from someone. who heard from someone that there are a few players that are "opting out".
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:49 am I heard from someone, who heard from someone, who heard from someone. who heard from someone that there are a few players that are "opting out".
I have also heard the same. Heard that Air Force has 40+ players opting out, so I can't imagine it will be anywhere near that bad. But I would be very surprised if UW had zero players opting out.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

WestWYOPoke wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:59 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:49 am I heard from someone, who heard from someone, who heard from someone. who heard from someone that there are a few players that are "opting out".
I have also heard the same. Heard that Air Force has 40+ players opting out, so I can't imagine it will be anywhere near that bad. But I would be very surprised if UW had zero players opting out.
I wouldn't blame anybody opting out, especially since it's possible some do because they've already had it and got the heart condition related to it as well. Quite a few athletes in Big 10 are in that boat.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:04 pm
WestWYOPoke wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:59 pm
I wouldn't blame anybody opting out, especially since it's possible some do because they've already had it and got the heart condition related to it as well. Quite a few athletes in Big 10 are in that boat.
Heart conditions :roll:
W-Y, Until I Die!
Mtpoke89
Ranch Hand

Do we have any info on our schedule yet?