Casper Star - Not Doing University Favors

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

As the top story, the Casper Star is running right now, the headline in large print is: "Twelve Wyoming student-athletes, one staffer test positive for COVID-19".
https://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming ... e-breaking

I, probably like about every reader, had assumed that there must be this new outbreak in our athletic programs. So I actually read the article - - and buried in the article is the tiny detail that this 12 is the entire amount of athletes that have tested positive since the testing program began a few months ago!!

Thanks Casper Star and Daivs Potter for your Chicken Little headline. It appears that you as a news organization may intend to spew misinformation to the detriment of the University of Wyoming and its athletic programs. You should be proud.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

It's just a microcosm of media in today's and in age. Most of it is misleading CRAP.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:07 pm It's just a microcosm of media in today's and in age. Most of it is misleading CRAP.
It is very disappointing to see the local news take that tact. They have to know full well that anyone reading that headline would be led to believe that there must be some new COVID outbreak at the University threatening the Laramie community. When, in fact and based on those numbers, it appears that the athletics department is doing very well to identify Covid cases early to prevent significant spread.
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:07 pm It's just a microcosm of media in today's and in age. Most of it is misleading CRAP.
Well, it’s like Mark Twain said, if you don’t read the news you are uninformed. If you do read the news you are misinformed.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:47 pm As the top story, the Casper Star is running right now, the headline in large print is: "Twelve Wyoming student-athletes, one staffer test positive for COVID-19".
https://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming ... e-breaking

I, probably like about every reader, had assumed that there must be this new outbreak in our athletic programs. So I actually read the article - - and buried in the article is the tiny detail that this 12 is the entire amount of athletes that have tested positive since the testing program began a few months ago!!

Thanks Casper Star and Daivs Potter for your Chicken Little headline. It appears that you as a news organization may intend to spew misinformation to the detriment of the University of Wyoming and its athletic programs. You should be proud.
We all need to HAMMER them in the comments section of that article (if available). They do this poop all the time, "they" think (Casper) should be the location of the only 4 year university in the state, and cry like little bitches all the time about the fact that it is not.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

Yep - that is correct. Hell, if any of you want a laugh, subscribe online to "Laramie Live". It is really "Laramie From Two Days Ago" - but they have the same agenda, and similar headlines. It isn't worth poop, but good for a laugh (much like the WTE and Boomerang).
Dear Karma,

laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Potter sucks and is a twitter bitch too. What’s with 90% of journalist being covid crazies? Is it just the clicks they get from scare baiting everyone?
W-Y, Until I Die!
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

They promoted the kid to editor after writing a series of articles about Wyoming dropping a division. Then they hired someone with real eastern bias in Potter because the other Sec turd wasn't enough.

The CST is as bad as the National Enquirer. Its all just drama to produce clicks.

The CST sucks and it gets worse every year.
GetRealMan
Ranch Hand

McPeachy wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:51 pm
Yep - that is correct. Hell, if any of you want a laugh, subscribe online to "Laramie Live". It is really "Laramie From Two Days Ago" - but they have the same agenda, and similar headlines. It isn't worth Sh#t, but good for a laugh (much like the WTE and Boomerang).
Looks like Laramie Live is free. Just checked it out and there are some recent articles about the Mullen fire and UW Football team that are very recent. Again it's free, if you don't like it don't buy it.
Me, I'm spiritually retarded, I need to be knee deep in water with a fly rod in my hands, that's about as close to God as I get.
"Steve Earle"
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

GetRealMan wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:49 pm
Yep - that is correct. Hell, if any of you want a laugh, subscribe online to "Laramie Live". It is really "Laramie From Two Days Ago" - but they have the same agenda, and similar headlines. It isn't worth Sh#t, but good for a laugh (much like the WTE and Boomerang).
Looks like Laramie Live is free. Just checked it out and there are some recent articles about the Mullen fire and UW Football team that are very recent. Again it's free, if you don't like it don't buy it.
LOL - yep, it is free. Probably wise of them to make it free, as I don't' think anyone wants to pay for 3 day old "news". I sure as hell wouldn't.
Dear Karma,

LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

McPeachy wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:33 am
GetRealMan wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:49 pm
LOL - yep, it is free. Probably wise of them to make it free, as I don't' think anyone wants to pay for 3 day old "news". I sure as hell wouldn't.
LaramieLive BLOWS. Literally the worst news site I've ever seen. I wish County10, who does Fremont county news would expand into the Laramie market.