This is a graveyard! Who's ready for MWC football??

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

:banana: :banana: :banana: :kissass: :-D :shock:
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

I just read that the MWC presidents are planning on a vote Sept 25/26 and that would mean we could start playing by the Oct 31st. Anyone else see anything different? I wish we could start sooner. I get so pissed every Saturday that there isn't a game to take the place of the other stuff that I really need to do.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

It's going to happen (prediction--no inside info). The spring idea is stupid. The logistics and disruptions are damn near insurmountable.

A short fall season is MUCH better, and, really, cancellation entirely is better than a spring season. If you start near the end of Oct, most schools aren't letting students come back after Thanksgiving. That means you need to only avoid outbreak for about 3 weeks, then you can have the team in a bubble on campus. Games into December should be relatively safe. You don't have that opportunity in the spring.

Some schools may have to cancel their season, but we shouldn't hold the entire MWC hostage over a few Cali schools and Hawaii. MWC football is coming!!!
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

I agree that a short fall season is MUCH better than any spring season. It was never realistic to have games in the spring and then come back and start again a few months later in the fall.

I really hope fans are allowed at the games too. I think 10,000-15,000 is realistic and isn’t too much less than we normally get for November games anyways.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

I'm hoping things get rolling. As others have said, spring football isn't a realistic goal in my opinion. It's fall or bust. I don't know if October is the best timeline to start, risking a lot of injuries from unconditioned players. Having said that, I wouldn't at all be surprised if they try to get rolling by late October in order to get 8 games in before December 20.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

I really am on the fence with a season at this point. I mean, how can it make any money - when no fans are allowed (or limited at best), and you can only squeeze in 6 - 8 games. I was for a full season, starting on 8/29 or 9/5, but I am not sure it is really worth it at this point. Just my dime.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Oct 31 is damn late. A couple weeks earlier would be much preferable
Expat_Poke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 3 times

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:50 pm Oct 31 is damn late. A couple weeks earlier would be much preferable

I know it is still a long way out, but November and December are being forecast for a 50-60% of being warmer than normal with normal precipitation. Of course how much above isn't being forecast and still a ways out. We shall see, but a few cold snowy games may play more into our advantage, and if fans aren't allowed that alleviates the travel/attendance concerns. That is not counting Air Force, with their style of play I would much rather have a good day for passing.

I am just done with being held hostage by California.
Returned from my 4 year exodus in Greenieville
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

I think realistically, we'd be looking at 6 or 7 games max with the championship held on the 19th. Agreed that it sucks compared to a normal season, but I would prefer it to a spring season (which I'm actually more in favor of just cancelling).

I'm not sure how the TV contract would work, but no revenue at the game would definitely be a challenge. In times like these, sometimes it isn't about choosing a good option but choosing a less bad option. 7 games in late Oct-Dec in my opinion is the least bad option. With that said, it leaves no room for cancellations if there is an outbreak.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Expat_Poke wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:35 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:50 pm Oct 31 is damn late. A couple weeks earlier would be much preferable

I know it is still a long way out, but November and December are being forecast for a 50-60% of being warmer than normal with normal precipitation. Of course how much above isn't being forecast and still a ways out. We shall see, but a few cold snowy games may play more into our advantage, and if fans aren't allowed that alleviates the travel/attendance concerns. That is not counting Air Force, with their style of play I would much rather have a good day for passing.

I am just done with being held hostage by California.
Ah the UNL drought monitor maps... they predict above avg temps 100% of the time and are correct 50% of the time