This years' Pro Poke Updates...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
FarEastPoke
Ranch Hand

I have decided that with 14 ex-pokes in the NFL and with most of them contributing in games regularly, posting updates on all of them is too big a task to do every week with my busy schedule this year. I'm going to have to pass that on to any volunteer who'd like to pick up the mantle. I started doing this about 20 years ago when ex-pokes playing pro football were rare and those who did get press were mostly in the CFL and not being noticed because CFL games were not marketed well in the US. I felt that it was important for Poke fans to know how they were doing in their careers even if they weren't getting viewed by most fans in the US. Now that there are no ex-pokes in the CFL and they can be seen on the rosters of 14 NFL teams, many of them as starters, I no longer feel compelled to get out information on them and doing so will actually add stress to my life that I don't want to deal with right now. My apologies to anyone looking forward to their updates this year.
Last edited by FarEastPoke on Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Darn. I really appreciated these updates. Thanks for doing it all these years!
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

FarEastPoke wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:07 am I have decided that with 14 ex-pokes in the NFL and with most of them contributing in games regularly, posting updates on all of them is to big a task to do every week with my busy schedule this year. I'm going to have to pass that on to any volunteer who'd like to pick up the mantle. I started doing this about 20 years ago when ex-pokes playing pro football were rare and those who did get press were mostly in the CFL and not being noticed because CFL games were not marketed well in the US. I felt that it was important for Poke fans to know how they were doing in their careers even if they weren't getting viewed by most fans in the US. Now that there are no ex-pokes in the CFL and they can be seen on the rosters of 14 NFL teams, many of them as starters, I no longer feel compelled to get out information on them and doing so will actually add stress to my life that I don't want to deal with right now. My apologies to anyone looking forward to their updates this year.
I got you, FarEastPoke. Thanks for getting this trend started!