The Question That Will Never Die!

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!

Who would you rather see Wyoming beat?

BYU
33%
CSU
67%

Total votes: 21
evilpoke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

I suspect this will fall along geographic lines.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 104 times

Since both isn't an option, I'll take BYU. They're both rivalries, and it makes me sick when we lose the border war, but my hatred for BYU is unrivaled. (SE Wyoming is my location for your geographic line theory)
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

CSU. They are our only true rival. A rivalry has to work both ways and BYU doesn't really give a damn about Wyoming.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

calpoke25 wrote:CSU. They are our only true rival. A rivalry has to work both ways and BYU doesn't really give a damn about Wyoming.
I agree. And I voted CSewe. But I have much more hatred for bWHYu, the school, the fans, the coaches, the players, the attitude, the arrogance, all of it.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 43 times

I picked BYU.

To me....

BYU=Soviet Union or the Taliban and we're the U.S.
CSU=a common housefly

BTW, I'm from Casper so....
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

I voted for byu on this one. As you can tell by the name, I'm a SW Wyo native. I agree that geography has a lot to do with it. Even though the Wyo-CSU matchup may be more of an actual rivalry, I would almost always trade a win over the sheep for a beatdown on byu.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Been liked: 32 times

F U CSU.
ImageImageImageImage
gopokes1399
Blog Team

I hate BYU more than any university in the nation thats who it is for me
sdpoke
Ranch Hand

I've been to both places for hoops and the fort for football. I have a great disrespect for both. That being said I would still rather win against the sheep.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

McPeachy wrote:
calpoke25 wrote:CSU. They are our only true rival. A rivalry has to work both ways and BYU doesn't really give a damn about Wyoming.
I agree. And I voted CSewe. But I have much more hatred for bWHYu, the school, the fans, the coaches, the players, the attitude, the arrogance, all of it.
I agree McP. For me, CSU is a rivalry - BYU is totally disrespected. It's the LDS crime family, mormon cult, and everything listed above. Oh yeah, FU bywho.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

WYO1016 wrote:Since both isn't an option, I'll take BYU. They're both rivalries, and it makes me sick when we lose the border war, but my hatred for BYU is unrivaled. (SE Wyoming is my location for your geographic line theory)
Totally agree and I am SE Wyoming as well. I hate everything BYU!
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

CSeeww.. Their fans are total jerks. Not to say BYU's aren't but still not as bad.
I'm good for 3!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Been liked: 32 times

Where's my friend Pokerupfront when I need him.
ImageImageImageImage
Stuck
Ranch Hand

BYU fans are arrogant winners and big babies with excuses when they lose. I also think it upsets the BYU fans more when they lose than it does CSewe, hence my vote to kick some BYU butt. Plus, it would be a huge feather in our cap to knock off a top 25.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Stuck wrote:BYU fans are arrogant winners and big babies with excuses when they lose. I also think it upsets the BYU fans more when they lose than it does CSewe, hence my vote to kick some BYU butt. Plus, it would be a huge feather in our cap to knock off a top 25.
If I was a fan of a winning program, I'd be more upset over a loss than I currently am as a Wyoming fan, though. It just makes sense... high expectations = big disappointments. Low expectations = :eek: :D when things go awesome (i.e. me as an Avalanche fan currently).

However... if we managed to beat BYU, I would EXPECT a win over CSU, so if we lost to the lambs, I'd be very disappointed.

Either way, I want us to humiliate both of them. Shutting out lambs would be awesome, since they keep rubbing the two times we've been shut out in our faces over and over again. Not even the CU fans I work with do that - as a matter of fact, this year the CU fans have been nicer than ever and just focusing on their own problems.
cheypoke
Ranch Hand

WYCowboy, "LDS Crime Family" LOL. I have to remember that. That made my day. I voted for CSU and I'm in cheyenne. It actually changes by sport for me. In football, I hate CSU more. In basketball I hate BYU. But I must say my rising hatred for Utah has tempered by other hatred some.