MWC finances and surviving COVID

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

Interesting link for your perusal... http://cafidatabase.knightcommission.org/fbs/mwc

I thought it was interesting to click through the various teams and look at the trends. Wowzer! Check out csu and that debt the past 3 years :eek:

I'd be curious how they are navigating that. 8.3 million in 2018! I wonder what their interest is? The COVID pandemic is probably killing them. Honestly haven't read much about the other schools--I wonder if it really is a serious situation or if they have their bases covered?
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Sure seems like CSU should be screwed, but what are they going to do? Repo a stadium?
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Have heard the Nevada schools are in serious financial trouble. Large portion of their revenue is from state funds which have obviously taken a massive hit.
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

Cool. I guess I never gave much thought to the finances. For some reason it surprises me that the Cowboys spend more on coaches than on the athletes.

As an accountant I hate when a significant amount is reflected as “other”. Surely they could do a better job classifying things. Athlete meals are included in “other “. Why not under athlete expenses? Oh well, I am rambling. If college athletics go the way of professional sports I won’t give a poop anymore anyway. Haven’t watched a single NBA or MLB game yet and won’t. Doubt I will watch NFL either.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

I wonder if the student athletes are open to stipend/scholarship reductions since many of the "businesses" are now suffering. I've mostly been on the side of the student athletes. I'm out if it evolves to the level ZapPoke describes.

However, it is a 2 way street. If you want a share of the revenue, then like in most businesses, you should assume a share of the losses.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.