WHYoming Now

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

From the athletic department:

Laramie, Wyo. (Aug. 19, 2020) – The Mountain West Conference recently announced that 2020 fall sports are being postponed indefinitely due to the ongoing challenges with the effective mitigation and management of the COVID-19 virus as it relates to athletic competition. Due to that postponement of fall seasons, the University of Wyoming Athletics Department will be facing challenging financial times. In response to the financial challenges ahead, UW Athletics is launching the WHYoming NOW campaign.

By giving to WHYoming NOW, you will be protecting the future of our student-athletes, alumni and fans and will be helping to maintain the proud tradition of Cowboy and Cowgirl Athletics that has been built over decades. Current projections show that a revenue loss approaching $15 million is possible, which would negatively impact the future of Wyoming Athletics.

Details About the WHYoming NOW Campaign

Contributions to WHYoming NOW will receive 3 Cowboy Joe Club priority points per $100 donated. Triple the normal reward!
Donations are 100% tax deductible
All donations will be matched by the state of Wyoming
Contributions will go toward meeting the academic, mental health and nutritional needs of UW student-athletes, while allowing student-athletes to continue to train for a return to competition, which is something all Wyoming fans are looking forward to in the future.
Contributions to the campaign will not count toward 2020 or future annual giving memberships

Additional Questions About the WHYoming NOW Campaign

Cowboy Joe Club staff will be reaching out to current CJC members to provide additional information on WHYoming NOW. Fans who have questions may also contact the Cowboy Joe Club at (307) 766-6242 or [email protected].

You can donate here: https://www.wyomingnow.org/uwyo/wyomingnow
ImageImageImageImage
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

Wyoming fans are great, they (we) will step up to the plate. Someone out there with deep pockets will put together a very large donation I hope.

For the casual fan this may be impossible though. You donate already to CJC, say $1500. Then you donate your season football tickets and such, say $1000. You are also partially on the hook for basketball (maybe) at this point as well for $500 or so...and you have the WHYoming Now platform to help with.

:shock:

:twocents:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

McPeachy wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:35 pm Wyoming fans are great, they (we) will step up to the plate. Someone out there with deep pockets will put together a very large donation I hope.

For the casual fan this may be impossible though. You donate already to CJC, say $1500. Then you donate your season football tickets and such, say $1000. You are also partially on the hook for basketball (maybe) at this point as well for $500 or so...and you have the WHYoming Now platform to help with.

:shock:

:twocents:
Yeah.. I mean, what you said is correct in that a lot of people are already doing their part in donating by letting UW keep their season ticket money + regular CJC dues.. so I guess another avenue of fundraising can't hurt if say you don't want UW keeping your $1000 worth of season tickets, but want to make a $500 donation instead.. or something like that.
ImageImageImageImage
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

Worry is that big donors are probably also hurting with this mess. 15 mill is a big hole. Not unique to WYO; hope we can withstand this.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

$192,811 raised so far (goal is $1,000,000). With 179 donors thus far, that turns out to be just over $1000 per donor. Campaign will be a week old tomorrow.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

They should hit up the students. They're getting a bunch of free money... because.. for some reason. yeah.