OT: Could 2020 just end now!!!!!!

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:44 am
WyoBrandX wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:19 pm
Why are you here?

People are terrible. They will always try to dominate you at any chance they get.

What makes you tick?

We get to breath this green air on earth because of a hell of alot of biological functions. You can believe god provided that, and you can believe it just happened. Regardless, here we are - inhaling the air. Drinking the water. Staying nutrient efficent.

You, just as well as me, and everyone else has a limited time on this earth. The animals, critters, sealife, and everything that has ever existed has too.

We are trying an experiment for the last 2,000 years - and thats living in harmony with each other. Its not working well. We are definitely killing off a bunch of critters.

Do you support your fellow human living and succeeding - or do you not care that they die for simple reasons we should have taken care of years ago?

Do you want society to grow - into big areas, where we do live better with the environment? Or do you just want everyone dead?

I kill most of what I eat. I grow the other part of it. And i get some Sh#t from the grocery store now and then.
I'm starting to think your a pizza roll eating guy that doesn't give two sh#t[#] about fellow man. If anything, your one very selfish individual, and you are only focused on the ol' mighty dollar.

The best thing we can do now - like we did in the 1890's, 1870's and all that, it just be there for everyone.

But your just one of those people that want to climb to the top.

Learn to be nice RTJ. Thats all i got.
lol. I'm not sure what all that diatribe is about, but to sum it up, I have a BS filter. Enforcing COVID restrictions on one hand while endorsing riots/protests on another is BS.

It is pretty simple. If the COVID pandemic is as bad as advertised and worth crashing the economy throwing people into poverty (we haven't seen anything yet), but not bad enough to stop protests, then that is BS. If people can protest without fear of COVID fallout, then people can do everything else without fear of COVID or the government is allowing protests which is endangering millions from potential COVID complications. Pretty clear, if governments ease restrictions or enforcement of restrictions for protests, they need to do it for everyone.

As for the rest, I'm not even sure what you are talking about, but I'm glad you appear to be over your COVID case. I will say, you aren't even remotely close in characterizing me. I won't say anymore because in today's day and age, you never know what will be taken out of context leading you to be the victim of the next witch hunt.
I get it man. Look this pandemic is terrible. It does bad things to people. But guess what? You can still go outside, you can still go to the park. You can still eat anywhere. The thing is, which is a problem that I have now ( I can potentially spread the covid-sars-19 virus) - can i kill people by being around them? Its not very simple, because young and old are different, strains are different, etc.

its an ugly situation we are in. And it was going to happen, and we have known its going to happen for many years. Yet, we did little to prepare for it. I'm not overly excited about our response. I know we have a bunch of citizens in this country who get sick and won't stay home - they may even cough or do other poop to people. That makes me sad. I know we have people that won't just - give us a body bubble of 6 ft.

I'd like to think if every citizen in this country, all 350 million of us, could at least stand 6 ft apart during this time, we would be in better shape.
Or don't go lick all the meat in the butchers isle.

Look - China is starting to shutdown again from wave 2. We know there were several different strains of the virus in europe. There are a couple in the US.

Its coming back. How many deaths can we handle? I should never say this publically, but if the world population dropped to 500,000,000 - and stayed there - we would be in a much better position in terms of global warming, and all the other political stuff.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

WyoBrandX wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:31 pm Its coming back. How many deaths can we handle? I should never say this publically, but if the world population dropped to 500,000,000 - and stayed there - we would be in a much better position in terms of global warming, and all the other political stuff.
I agree. BTW, this pandemic like all others, i.e., the Spanish Flu, the Black Death, etc... is just Mother Nature's way of trying to control the human population before things get really bad.

Simply put...never piss off a woman!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

WestWYOPoke wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:03 pm I agree that the Democratic party is responsible for slavery, KKK, etc. But in the 1860s, Democrats were conservatives, Republicans were liberals. So those of you that vote R today would be Democrats if you suddenly time traveled to 1860. Same as how in the 1770s conservatives were Tories. The guys at the Boston Tea Party and supporting a rebellion were liberals.

So yes, technically the Democratic party has an ugly history but ideology matters as well.
Not me. I'm a registered Republican today. The only reason is when I declare I'm independent, I lose my ability to vote in the primaries. With a two party system, I'm either right, wrong, or in grey area. The hell with that nonsense.

People matter. We are a rich country. We can spend many of extra trillions helping our citizens right now (god - I hope we don't do that though).

The thing is, we are the worlds currency. Every time we print a fiat, 10 others make a buck from that.

I used to think of the world in terms of work + currency. 1 hour of labor may cost you $10 (its actually closer to $13 with FICO). But that is the wrong way to go about it.

If you take $1 - and give it to someone that is not a thief - you might get $3 back in a few years. Maybe more, maybe less. Money is not a unit of labor.

Money is like an animal I guess - and its our own creation:
- Put two 1 dollar bills in the room - wait a bit - you'll get 3 bucks. Wait longer and you'll get 6 bucks.

Its all a bunch of nonsense. The best thing you can do is to watch out for your neighbor (if you like them of course)

I should start a thread on attendance at war memorial this year - i have 11 seats purchased now. I don't think I'm going to have all 11 in section D.

What are you guys up to?
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

LanderPoke wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:24 pm
WyoBrandX wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:24 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:54 pm "We think we treat black people good in wyoming. But we don't."

Get out of here with that Sh#t. Utter nonsense
Fair enough. I'm white (well actually african). You could have been a bit nicer. I bet you think small government is like mom and pop. We need them to tell us whats wrong or right.

So f##k[#] stupid. Rethink things a bit. Look at how the world works. Thing is, we are terrible to almost everyone besides ourself. Get out of that mindset LanderPoke (I like you). This world only exists biecause we are people.
I like you, too. I just don't think it's your place to tell others that they treat black people poorly when they don't. I don't treat blacks any different from anyone else and it makes me mad when people tell me I do. 99.9% of people here are like me. Good people and not racist

Sorry. I didn't realize that I had done that. I'm trying to help people out more in my older age. In my younger days, it wasnt so easy. Unfortunately - its kinda weird being an advocate for other people that have been treated badly. Sorry.

I like 80% of your posts! However, I'm truly sorry that I've been a dick tonight.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

WestWYOPoke wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:03 pm I agree that the Democratic party is responsible for slavery, KKK, etc. But in the 1860s, Democrats were conservatives, Republicans were liberals. So those of you that vote R today would be Democrats if you suddenly time traveled to 1860. Same as how in the 1770s conservatives were Tories. The guys at the Boston Tea Party and supporting a rebellion were liberals.

So yes, technically the Democratic party has an ugly history but ideology matters as well.
I'd be an independent back then. But I would probably wear a stupid ass whig

What happened to the whig party? Hahah.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 115 times

WyoBrandX wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:31 pm
I get it man. Look this pandemic is terrible. It does bad things to people. But guess what? You can still go outside, you can still go to the park. You can still eat anywhere. The thing is, which is a problem that I have now ( I can potentially spread the covid-sars-19 virus) - can i kill people by being around them? Its not very simple, because young and old are different, strains are different, etc.

its an ugly situation we are in. And it was going to happen, and we have known its going to happen for many years. Yet, we did little to prepare for it. I'm not overly excited about our response. I know we have a bunch of citizens in this country who get sick and won't stay home - they may even cough or do other Sh#t to people. That makes me sad. I know we have people that won't just - give us a body bubble of 6 ft.

I'd like to think if every citizen in this country, all 350 million of us, could at least stand 6 ft apart during this time, we would be in better shape.

Look - China is starting to shutdown again from wave 2. We know there were several different strains of the virus in europe. There are a couple in the US.

Its coming back. How many deaths can we handle? I should never say this publically, but if the world population dropped to 500,000,000 - and stayed there - we would be in a much better position in terms of global warming, and all the other political stuff.
Haha, we'll probably have to agree to disagree on a lot. All good. My opinion doesn't mean I'm right, but it's what I think. I'm out. Dissenting opinions are too dangerous to have right now.

I usually don't buy into the extreme positions or extreme conspiracy theories but I'm starting to wonder if old Igor wasn't ahead of his time.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:41 am
WyoBrandX wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:31 pm

its an ugly situation we are in. And it was going to happen, and we have known its going to happen for many years. Yet, we did little to prepare for it. I'm not overly excited about our response. I know we have a bunch of citizens in this country who get sick and won't stay home - they may even cough or do other Sh#t to people. That makes me sad. I know we have people that won't just - give us a body bubble of 6 ft.

Haha, we'll probably have to agree to disagree on a lot. All good. My opinion doesn't mean I'm right, but it's what I think. I'm out. Dissenting opinions are too dangerous to have right now.

I usually don't buy into the extreme positions or extreme conspiracy theories but I'm starting to wonder if old Igor wasn't ahead of his time.
I appreciate you going back and forth with me on this. I'm pretty conservative for the most part. people are more than black and white though. I believe I become a better person when I try to find out what others view, and I appreciate you pointing out your view. Your view isn't right or wrong. Neither is mine.

Here is the truly important thing - and I hope you subscribe to this:
- If I'm wrong, its okay to be wrong.
- If I'm wrong, don't rub my nose in it and take a victory lap. (The former makes it easy for me to adjust and learn. The latter brings out ego and anger).
- Reverse this and do the same.

I think if people abide by those rules, we can have a reasonably civilized society. We have to be careful though - I'm pretty goddamn sure china is trying to kill our democracy (and we are spearheading their regimes communistic views as well.

Take care RTJ!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

WyoBrandX wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:07 pm Here is the truly important thing - and I hope you subscribe to this:
- If I'm wrong, its okay to be wrong.
- If I'm wrong, don't rub my nose in it and take a victory lap. (The former makes it easy for me to adjust and learn. The latter brings out ego and anger).
- Reverse this and do the same.

I think if people abide by those rules, we can have a reasonably civilized society.

This is one of the best things I've seen on this board. Wyoming fans are a bit better than the rest of the world, though, so maybe I shouldn't be surprised. :D
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

Was talking to my dad earlier today and he said that people in California are trying to get John Wayne off the name of the airport in/near Los Angeles because he was racist!!!!!

All products with the Aunt Jemina like the maple syrup are getting taken off the store selves because it's racist.

STOP THE INSANITY!!!! For a species that supposed to have common sense and logic, we are the dumbest species on this planet. No wonder aliens don't come the Earth. :roll:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Is Aunt Jemima actually getting removed? I thought the company unilaterally decided to change their stuff. Which is their prerogative if they so choose.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

WestWYOPoke wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:53 pm Is Aunt Jemima actually getting removed? I thought the company unilaterally decided to change their stuff. Which is their prerogative if they so choose.
From the stuff I've seen online...Aunt Jemima is getting taken off the selves. I gotta go to the grocery store tomorrow morning and I'll check the maple syrup isle to see if the store still has it. Personally, I prefer Log Cabin syrup.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

I don't know anymore. I've never belonged to a group targeted by derision or hate for something I couldn't do anything about. I'm not proud of it, but I made fun of gay people growing up, and starving Somalians, and gypsies, and who knows what else? I probably unknowingly hurt people who came out of the closet later on. Many times.

Then last year, as my son got into more competitive baseball playing up a couple of years out of his age group, his coach was teaching them how to shuffle and steal and said "AND THEN PUNCH THE MIDGET!" (While going from shuffle to sprint)

And though I laughed out loud at first, it then felt really wrong... Nobody there was a little person, but... I don't know.

Kind of a pointless story, but I suppose I can see how even little things like that don't turn out great in the long run. For the record, the coach did realize on his own that it probably wasn't something he should've said, and did explain to the kids why he shouldn't have said it either. He's an awesome guy and just made a mistake. We all do make those, and sometimes it does hurt people?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:38 pm Selective outrage over historical events drives me nuts. There was nothing sacred. There was nothing humane. Sh#t was brutal regardless of the color of skin or who was in charge. It was a different time, a different era.

Looking back and using today's standards to judge anyone or any race is asinine. I can't believe people get offended at bygones.

Simply amazing.
+1. Judging historical figures by today's standards is a fool's errand. Columbus accomplished great things
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

WyoBrandX wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:02 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:24 pm
WyoBrandX wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:24 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:54 pm "We think we treat black people good in wyoming. But we don't."

Get out of here with that Sh#t. Utter nonsense
Fair enough. I'm white (well actually african). You could have been a bit nicer. I bet you think small government is like mom and pop. We need them to tell us whats wrong or right.

So f##k[#] stupid. Rethink things a bit. Look at how the world works. Thing is, we are terrible to almost everyone besides ourself. Get out of that mindset LanderPoke (I like you). This world only exists biecause we are people.
I like you, too. I just don't think it's your place to tell others that they treat black people poorly when they don't. I don't treat blacks any different from anyone else and it makes me mad when people tell me I do. 99.9% of people here are like me. Good people and not racist

Sorry. I didn't realize that I had done that. I'm trying to help people out more in my older age. In my younger days, it wasnt so easy. Unfortunately - its kinda weird being an advocate for other people that have been treated badly. Sorry.

I like 80% of your posts! However, I'm truly sorry that I've been a dick tonight.
No worries! Can't wait for football season. Hope all is well with you and your family
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

Its a stupid cliche thing to say. But Wyoming fans are the best. I'm glad we can call each other family (in the sense of loving wyoming, uw, etc).

I think the next few months are going to get tougher (please don't argue with me about that - if I'm wrong - I hope I'm wrong. And I really hope I'm wrong). I'm hoping things get much better soon.

Just take care of yourselves. f-word 2020.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:30 pm I don't know anymore. I've never belonged to a group targeted by derision or hate for something I couldn't do anything about. I'm not proud of it, but I made fun of gay people growing up, and starving Somalians, and gypsies, and who knows what else? I probably unknowingly hurt people who came out of the closet later on. Many times.

Then last year, as my son got into more competitive baseball playing up a couple of years out of his age group, his coach was teaching them how to shuffle and steal and said "AND THEN PUNCH THE MIDGET!" (While going from shuffle to sprint)

And though I laughed out loud at first, it then felt really wrong... Nobody there was a little person, but... I don't know.

Kind of a pointless story, but I suppose I can see how even little things like that don't turn out great in the long run. For the record, the coach did realize on his own that it probably wasn't something he should've said, and did explain to the kids why he shouldn't have said it either. He's an awesome guy and just made a mistake. We all do make those, and sometimes it does hurt people?
It don't matter Asmodeanreborn. The worlds a crazy place. You respect it much.

(BTW: I think that last sentence should be on a bumper sticker.)