OT: Could 2020 just end now!!!!!!

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

laxwyo wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:00 pm Systemic racism must be what keeps white dudes from being represented proportionally in the NBA then.
The NBA in 2015 was composed of 74.4 percent black players, 23.3 percent white players, 1.8 percent Latino players of any race, and 0.2 percent Asian players.

Percentage of black head coaches in the NBA in 2020: 26.7%
Percentage of white head coaches in the NBA in 2020: 73.3%

Yep. Looks like the white man is definitely being held down in the NBA :roll:
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

Man, I'll tell you, these discussions pretty much highlight why I'm planning new hobbies. Looks like sports are out for me for the next while.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:05 pm Man, I'll tell you, these discussions pretty much highlight why I'm planning new hobbies. Looks like sports are out for me for the next while.
LOL I honestly feel sorry for all baseball fans. Gawd, MLB and the players are totally screwing themselves. :rofl:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Well, after that big snowstorm last night (5 inches of heavy, wet snow after rain the entire afternoon) that not only tore a bunch of branches off trees all over town, but also knocked out power for about 60% of Albany County, I finally got power back about 20 minutes ago. So house is finally warming up, and can check email too.

*sigh* Springtime in Laramie.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

WYO1016 wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:54 am
laxwyo wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:00 pm Systemic racism must be what keeps white dudes from being represented proportionally in the NBA then.
The NBA in 2015 was composed of 74.4 percent black players, 23.3 percent white players, 1.8 percent Latino players of any race, and 0.2 percent Asian players.

Lol I knew you’d be too stupid to get it. There’s no way in f-word hell I’d be arguing that white basketball players aren’t in the league because of racism. It’s quite the opposite point I’m making.
God, I can’t believe I have to explain it. Think it through and let me know when the light bulb goes off
W-Y, Until I Die!
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

laxwyo wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:42 am
WYO1016 wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:54 am

Lol I knew you’d be too stupid to get it. There’s no way in f-word hell I’d be arguing that white basketball players aren’t in the league because of racism. It’s quite the opposite point I’m making.
God, I can’t believe I have to explain it. Think it through and let me know when the light bulb goes off
Sarcasm is hardly evident with the stream of slack-jawed, window-licking drivel that flows from your brain onto this board...
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:10 am
WyoBrandX wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:32 pm
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:04 am @WyoBrandX

Horse crap. COVID restrictions are for everyone but protesters. Either COVID restrictions are necessary and should be enforced or not.

Look at the pictures. The protests are not following guidelines yet governors, media, etc are supporting them.

Pandemics don't work like that. You either have a pandemic that requires measures enforced EQUALLY or you do not. It is cut and dry science. Virus doesn't give a damn about societal issues. It's either a pandemic or it's not.

Let the protesters protest but give the exact same non enforcement of COVID restrictions to everything else. End all COVID restrictions other than "suggesting" 6' spacing and wearing a mask. End all mandates. Period.

Allowing the protests is putting millions at risk depriving their right to live OR the restrictions are unnecessary and should be criminal for crashing the economy, financially devastating millions, etc.

There simply is no grey area here. It is or it isn't.
At the end of the day, there is a significant portion of this country that is more susceptible to COVID-19 because of their social status. There is also a significant portion that is more susceptible to police violence for many of the same reasons. Hell, I saw the protesters calling out Derick Colling the other day.
Still a load of BS. Laws or regulations are what they are and for everyone or not. The virus infects all and is indiscriminate of social status; that's a fact and science.

Either a governor fully enforces restrictions for all or not. There is no grey area. It is a pandemic that requires these measures or it is not. Wyoming still has 250 people limit which was clearly violated in Casper and the protests were supported by the local municipalities by not enforcing COVID restrictions.

I'm not saying the protests should be shut down. I'm saying if COVID isn't a big enough deal to shut them down, then COVID isn't a big enough of a deal to shut anything down or have any restrictions just suggestions.

I get what your saying. And I agree with it mostly. If you take your queues from the news these days - your going to see some crazy poop. I was always taught in Shoshoni Wyoming to read the newspaper every time it fell on the porch. Disbelieve about 90% of it. Do whats right.

I've focused on that for years. I AM not out to HURT anyone! I don't LIKE that. We only have one chance to live - and many of us act like we have dozens of that. Its wrong. We only have once chance to live. Whatever happens in the afterlife - well thats a 1st amendment right. You should be allowed to chose.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

bladerunnr wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:18 am
WyoBrandX wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:17 pm
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:44 am
I wasn't aware of any states allowing mass gatherings of hundreds or thousands of people? Perhaps you can point me in that direction. If the march in Casper today exceeds 250 people, will the governor intervene? Will the march be shut down? We'll see, but I doubt it. If over 250 people congregate in Casper, how is that ok but not at a local fair, rodeo, or church?

How is it remotely legal to enforce social distancing and crowd restrictions going forward?
Perhaps they covered their mouths and stayed six feet apart? My wife asked me the other day about the protests in casper. She said - everyone laying on Wyoming Blvd in Casper is a bunch of idiots. I told her she was right. However, there is a big difference. Those protestors had a first amendment right to be there. Nobody has a right to drive. Its a privilege granted to you via a license.

The protestors have more of a right to be there and tell us what they want than we have to drive on the same road. Let that sink in for a moment.

We need to do better. We need to improve all human rights. WE need to demiltorize our police departments (it was never necessary in the first place.) And for god sakes, most of us need to quit listening to the goddamn propaganda.
The biggest load of [#]sh#t I've ever read. People have a first amendment right to protest. They do not have a right to block public access to roads and buildings. It is illegal in most, if not all, jurisdictions to do so. I pray that you did not go to UW, because your knowledge of basic law is moronic.
Your comment has been bothering me for a while. I've been thinking about it, trying to understand it, and I'm not doing very well at doing so.

You didn't like my comment. It is a big load of poop. That is the first part of it.

The second part is thinking about normal things in this day and age that are inconvenient. and that nonsense. Just because something is illegal, doesn't make it constitutional.

We have a limited set of rights set to us on the paper of the constitution. Its been interpreted in so many ways over the last 250 years. The only reason we have laws is because we have a constitution.

Congress now gets busy and does its thing. Unfortunately, its not easy to explain all of this to our citizens. Bladerunnr doesn't quit get it here, it doesn't make him bad, it doesn't make him a mistake. However he did call me out. And I need to respond.

Bladerunnr - I don't like you. You came after me for no good reason. And no good challenge.
I hope you do well. Unfortunately, I don't think much of you after that last comment. I'm not sure, but I think your insecure.

I'll leave it at that. I could say alot but i'm not going too. This is what makes us better as a population!

Best of luck everyone! I'm here, lets keep it going!
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:10 am
WyoBrandX wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:32 pm
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:04 am @WyoBrandX

Horse crap. COVID restrictions are for everyone but protesters. Either COVID restrictions are necessary and should be enforced or not.

Look at the pictures. The protests are not following guidelines yet governors, media, etc are supporting them.

Pandemics don't work like that. You either have a pandemic that requires measures enforced EQUALLY or you do not. It is cut and dry science. Virus doesn't give a damn about societal issues. It's either a pandemic or it's not.

Let the protesters protest but give the exact same non enforcement of COVID restrictions to everything else. End all COVID restrictions other than "suggesting" 6' spacing and wearing a mask. End all mandates. Period.

Allowing the protests is putting millions at risk depriving their right to live OR the restrictions are unnecessary and should be criminal for crashing the economy, financially devastating millions, etc.

There simply is no grey area here. It is or it isn't.
At the end of the day, there is a significant portion of this country that is more susceptible to COVID-19 because of their social status. There is also a significant portion that is more susceptible to police violence for many of the same reasons. Hell, I saw the protesters calling out Derick Colling the other day.
Still a load of BS. Laws or regulations are what they are and for everyone or not. The virus infects all and is indiscriminate of social status; that's a fact and science.

Either a governor fully enforces restrictions for all or not. There is no grey area. It is a pandemic that requires these measures or it is not. Wyoming still has 250 people limit which was clearly violated in Casper and the protests were supported by the local municipalities by not enforcing COVID restrictions.

I'm not saying the protests should be shut down. I'm saying if COVID isn't a big enough deal to shut them down, then COVID isn't a big enough of a deal to shut anything down or have any restrictions just suggestions.
People are pricks. Let people go home and be the person they want to be - that's all most people of color want - they just want their seat at the table, to feel well, and to leave it on to the next generation.

White people - they just want their seat at the table, to feel well, and to leave it on to the next generation.

We think we treat black people good in wyoming. But we don't.

The best thing we can do is to invite them over - realize they are in a tough situation, and give them the same blessing as we would our children.

We should never be upset over skin color. Mine varies alot. It also varies alot from my very white wife. It also varies alot from my very tan cousin.

Who the f-word cares? Well "black" people do - and I don't blame them. The best thing we can do is to be okay with everyone. ANd we need to do that.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

laxwyo wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:03 pm WyoBrandX, I completely and utterly agree with you about prison. We’ve made criminals out of people for doing things that aren’t criminal. If there’s no victim, there’s no crime. It’s also a great argument against gun control. You make a law that creates criminals for doing nothing criminal. Smoking weed in your house, no victim no crime. Unfortunately lots of laws were created that disproportionately affected minorities, that needs to change. Oddly enough, trump and republicans are leading this movement, not democrats. Be well
I'm behind you 100%... Err 110%... Err 150%. Regardless Laxwyo, I am behind you, and I got your asss.

It sucks. I'm so worn out about dumb people. Many are republican - many are democrats. Our jobs is to help fellow man. And we should be constantly trying to do that.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

"We think we treat black people good in wyoming. But we don't."

Get out of here with that poop. Utter nonsense
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

WyoBrandX wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:51 pm
laxwyo wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:03 pm WyoBrandX, I completely and utterly agree with you about prison. We’ve made criminals out of people for doing things that aren’t criminal. If there’s no victim, there’s no crime. It’s also a great argument against gun control. You make a law that creates criminals for doing nothing criminal. Smoking weed in your house, no victim no crime. Unfortunately lots of laws were created that disproportionately affected minorities, that needs to change. Oddly enough, trump and republicans are leading this movement, not democrats. Be well
[wild idea]

I'm tired at looking at all these big prisons. Its f-word stupid. There is only a small amount of people that ever do try to rape and rape and rape more. We gotta keep it up!
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

LanderPoke wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:54 pm "We think we treat black people good in wyoming. But we don't."

Get out of here with that Sh#t. Utter nonsense
You and I do try to treat everyone right. Its not you and me I'm worried about.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

I agree laxwyo. Only does it matter when our flaws go so large than other people can identify them.

Your a good person, laxwyo!

Amen - B.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

WyoBrandX wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:06 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:54 pm "We think we treat black people good in wyoming. But we don't."

Get out of here with that Sh#t. Utter nonsense
You and I do try to treat everyone right. Its not you and me I'm worried about.
Doesn't seem like that long ago that those Wyotech kids drove around with the noose and taunted black kids in Laramie.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

Can anyone fill me in on cancel culture logic regarding the Democratic party and the Democratic symbol? By the rationale of eliminating civil war era statues, thoughts, books, etc. the Democratic party and logo should also be terminated. After all, they were the party behind the Civil War in the South. They were the party that employed all the Southern Civil War generals. They were the party that opposed equality.

It wasn't until the 60s or 70s that they took on their alleged new ideas of civil rights. For the majority of the USA's existence, the Democratic party has been the party of racism. That is a fact. Why isn't there a call to rename that party complete with a new logo?

I honestly don't get it.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:55 pm Can anyone fill me in on cancel culture logic regarding the Democratic party and the Democratic symbol? By the rationale of eliminating civil war era statues, thoughts, books, etc. the Democratic party and logo should also be terminated. After all, they were the party behind the Civil War in the South. They were the party that employed all the Southern Civil War generals. They were the party that opposed equality.

It wasn't until the 60s or 70s that they took on their alleged new ideas of civil rights. For the majority of the USA's existence, the Democratic party has been the party of racism. That is a fact. Why isn't there a call to rename that party complete with a new logo?

I honestly don't get it.
I do think there's a huge difference between eliminating Civil War era statues and removing statues of Confederate personalities erected during the Jim Crow era, and I wish there'd be more of a differentiation between the two. A vast majority of the statues were erected in the early 1900s, which puts the whole thing into more context.

As for the Democratic Party, I suppose the difference is that theoretically they're like a criminal who atoned for their crimes? This is obviously in contrast to somebody like General Nathan Bedford Forrest, who went on to found the KKK, and whose giant statue they put up in freaking 1998 in Tennessee.

I think your Democratic Party argument would hold a lot more water had they continued on the path of trying to keep minorities from voting.

Completely unrelated to BLM - I wish we could get rid of ALL things Christopher Columbus. Even if you make the argument that they didn't know better back then, and that it wasn't intentional genocide, bragging about and giving tips for pedophilia isn't exactly kosher either.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:00 pm Completely unrelated to BLM - I wish we could get rid of ALL things Christopher Columbus. Even if you make the argument that they didn't know better back then, and that it wasn't intentional genocide, bragging about and giving tips for pedophilia isn't exactly kosher either.
Completely agree plus get rid of Columbus Day as well.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:00 pm
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:55 pm Can anyone fill me in on cancel culture logic regarding the Democratic party and the Democratic symbol? By the rationale of eliminating civil war era statues, thoughts, books, etc. the Democratic party and logo should also be terminated. After all, they were the party behind the Civil War in the South. They were the party that employed all the Southern Civil War generals. They were the party that opposed equality.

I honestly don't get it.
I do think there's a huge difference between eliminating Civil War era statues and removing statues of Confederate personalities erected during the Jim Crow era, and I wish there'd be more of a differentiation between the two. A vast majority of the statues were erected in the early 1900s, which puts the whole thing into more context.

As for the Democratic Party, I suppose the difference is that theoretically they're like a criminal who atoned for their crimes? This is obviously in contrast to somebody like General Nathan Bedford Forrest, who went on to found the KKK, and whose giant statue they put up in freaking 1998 in Tennessee.

I think your Democratic Party argument would hold a lot more water had they continued on the path of trying to keep minorities from voting.

Completely unrelated to BLM - I wish we could get rid of ALL things Christopher Columbus. Even if you make the argument that they didn't know better back then, and that it wasn't intentional genocide, bragging about and giving tips for pedophilia isn't exactly kosher either.
Meh. Never mind. The Democratic party is the reason slavery existed and the civil war happened. Funny how that's forgiven but other things are not.

There really is no logical argument that exonerates Democratic party while still holding other aspects of history accountable.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:48 pm Meh. Never mind. The Democratic party is the reason slavery existed and the civil war happened. Funny how that's forgiven but other things are not.

There really is no logical argument that exonerates Democratic party while still holding other aspects of history accountable.
If you're making that argument, then how do you justify the Republicans employing the Southern Strategy 100 years later when the Democrats embraced racial integration? The history of the Democratic party's definitely disgusting when it comes to the issue of racism, but they did eventually sweep out the worst of the racists, at least.

Which party do you think has a bigger problem with racism today? Which party has more white supremacists among their candidates (though Iowa did just kick Steve King out in their latest primary!) and who do white supremacists vote for? Which party has a really difficult time even condemning white supremacy? Which party told the FBI to stop keeping track of extremists within white supremacist organizations just in the last few years?

Personally, I think the two party system is crap. It makes for more of a "my team" vs "your team" even when your "team mates" are complete turd sandwiches when it comes down to it. With enough money, you can hi-jack half the country's party platform and screw everything up. Remember when there were people in both parties who cared about the Federal Budget deficit? Pepperidge Farm remembers.