Something to think about

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

303cowboy wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:46 am Bohl is +1500 per this article

https://247sports.com/college/colorado/ ... 43708601_1
I'm a little surprised he's on anyone's radar, honestly. He's seventh on their list. No Harsin
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:18 am
303cowboy wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:46 am Bohl is +1500 per this article

https://247sports.com/college/colorado/ ... 43708601_1
I'm a little surprised he's on anyone's radar, honestly. He's seventh on their list. No Harsin
Obviously the CU lists are very premature, but I'm yet to see a list for CU that Bohl is not on.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

If Bohl leaves for CU, guess what worst case situation will happen: Bohl will recommend Vigen take over head coach for the Pokes, and Burman, being a lazy ass, will say fine.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I don't think Bohl even considers CU. It would not be a cultural fit for him. His style also does not fit a PAC school.

Mich St would have been a much better fit for a guy like Bohl.
I'm good for 3!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Cornpoke wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:17 am I don't think Bohl even considers CU. It would not be a cultural fit for him. His style also does not fit a PAC school.

Don't fool yourself. Just because we all would hate to lose Bohl and because we all have our feelings about the politics of Boulder doesn't make it true.

Mel Tucker made $2.4 million last year in his first year at Colorado. When you are contemplating hanging it up in a few years...going to a program with low expectations, a national recruiting class ranked #32, regional and school familiarity and a double in pay starts to make a lot of sense...especially when there is a lot of questioning about your offensive decisions in the current program.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:23 am
Cornpoke wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:17 am I don't think Bohl even considers CU. It would not be a cultural fit for him. His style also does not fit a PAC school.

Don't fool yourself. Just because we all would hate to lose Bohl and because we all have our feelings about the politics of Boulder doesn't make it true.

Mel Tucker made $2.4 million last year in his first year at Colorado. When you are contemplating hanging it up in a few years...going to a program with low expectations, a national recruiting class ranked #32, regional and school familiarity and a double in pay starts to make a lot of sense...especially when there is a lot of questioning about your offensive decisions in the current program.
I'm sure Bohl would consider it. But it's not going to happen. Tucker's buyout was 3 million. Plus, CU thinks it's a big time program and will go after a name coach. I've heard Bob Stoops mentioned. Also, Eric Biennemy is an alum who probably take the job. Bohl is not on their radar.
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

bladerunnr wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:01 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:23 am

I'm sure Bohl would consider it. But it's not going to happen. Tucker's buyout was 3 million. Plus, CU thinks it's a big time program and will go after a name coach. I've heard Bob Stoops mentioned. Also, Eric Biennemy is an alum who probably take the job. Bohl is not on their radar.
Why on earth would Bieniemy take that job? Hitch his wagon to Mahommes/Reid for another year and win another superbowl then get hired as an NFL HC.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:23 am .especially when there is a lot of questioning about your offensive decisions in the current program.
:lol: LMAO. Good hell. He might leave; he might not. CU might want him; they might not.

Lots of variables for certain and you've highlighted one that will have absolutely no bearing on the decision whatsoever.

Too funny.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

Adv8RU12 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:49 am If Bohl leaves for CU, guess what worst case situation will happen: Bohl will recommend Vigen take over head coach for the Pokes, and Burman, being a lazy ass, will say fine.
Not I bleive any of this Bohl leaving for CU stuff. I think its kinda silly to worry about until legitimate rumors come out. But in response to this comment, I actually think Vigen would be a fine/good HC. He has been Bohls right hand man from the beginning and knows how to run a program and seems to know QB's and can recruit them. I don't mind his scheme and being a HC it takes the playcalling out of his hand which is what most people consider his biggest downfall.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

TSpoke wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:32 pm
Adv8RU12 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:49 am If Bohl leaves for CU, guess what worst case situation will happen: Bohl will recommend Vigen take over head coach for the Pokes, and Burman, being a lazy A$$, will say fine.
Not I bleive any of this Bohl leaving for CU stuff. I think its kinda silly to worry about until legitimate rumors come out. But in response to this comment, I actually think Vigen would be a fine/good HC. He has been Bohls right hand man from the beginning and knows how to run a program and seems to know QB's and can recruit them. I don't mind his scheme and being a HC it takes the playcalling out of his hand which is what most people consider his biggest downfall.
I agree. Vigen could very well have what it takes to be a good, hands-off head coach.
Last edited by LanderPoke on Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

303cowboy wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:59 pm
Interim appointment makes the most sense at this point.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

They talked a lot about Bohl as an attractive permanent replacement at CU on the radio today. One of the main positives with somebody like Bohl over Harsin is that if they have success at CU, they're more likely to stick around (because of age) rather than use CU as a springboard the way Tucker did.
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

I heard a lot of the talk about Bohl to CU on the radio and none of it makes sense. The two radio guys were making a pretty terrible argument that because Bohl recruited Carson Wentz and Josh Allen that CU should get him. Nothing deeper than that.

CU wants to win now and Bohl isn't a plug and play solution.