Marty English quote

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
laramigo
Buckaroo

I couldn't remember exactly what Marty English had to say about Laramie upon his departure so I dug it up in case others are curious. If he excels, it's all water under the bridge. But not the very best things to say unless you're sure you'll never return:

""I do know that they still come here (CO) for all their fun, their luxuries, all that kind of stuff. It’s just not the same there,” English said. “I know when that happens, it’s like anything, you kind of look around at what everybody else has and you don’t have or those kind of things; there’s some jealousy stuff there. There’s some want. And those harbor tough feelings.”

Also a quote about Border War being UW's super bowl and more important to UW than to CSU (which is probably true to a degree).

My view is that the hire is fine if he can continue to poach CO talent. The DC hire is way more important and I guess we'll have to wait and see about that.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

I remember rolling my eyes at that. He was probably just pandering to CSU's whackoff fans/media. If he can get some studs out of CO to play for us, then all will be forgiven.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

Not a big deal.