Rocky interesting article

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Expat_Poke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 3 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:38 pm
WyoBrandX wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:31 pm
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:05 pm
J-Rod wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:45 am I'll give it two seasons before a MW coach complains about the Mountain Division being much stronger than the West Division. 2019 championship featured at best the 4th best MW team, 2020 might be worse.
We might not have 2 divisions in future. The bsu fiasco might end up being more than just bsu leaving.
Your point is a good one though. Mountain has been much tougher and on a better trajectory, imo.
Who else might leave?
byu is a bit of a wildcard in all this, imo. We have several schools that I think would entertain the concept of a western division of aac. csu, AF, bsu, and sdsu. 3 of those + byu might be convincing enough for aresco to try two 9 team divisions in football.

Unlikely, sure, but I don't think a bsu +1 isnt out of the realm of possibility. It will be interesting.
After this drama and the previous BYU drama, would these three really want to join a conference that was going to contain not just one, but both of these programs? I guess if the money was there, but I would imagine that would need to be a lot of money, and I don't think AF, CSU, and SDSU want an aac style deal or we would have seen the MW deal more closely mirror the aac deal. Different story if this was about a new division within a "P5" conference. As for a new west division in the aac, say it does happen and it is successful in creating a conference that is as competitive as the "P5". I think we all know what would happen next. Now the lesser desirable programs are stuck with the lower level of the AAC so not better programs and further travel and worse regional footprint. I know even if Wyoming was invited to tag along, I would be very cautious to say the least and definitely initially against it and would need some big convincing to go along.

My ideas on the BYU and BSU joining the AAC together that has been thrown out by some BYU and BSU fans, would BYU take accepting a bid to a conference less prestigious than the PAC? Regardless, they deserve that fate. Enjoy having one close road game every other year than the next closest be what Tulsa. Better prepare for the annual f-up game or two from just playing such long road trips constantly.

Of course this is worth less than :twocents: and I have no real clue on what I am saying, just my thoughts. Agree it will be interesting how this shakes out.
Returned from my 4 year exodus in Greenieville
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

I definitely don't have any inside information; just speculation. The MWC has a regional benefit and decent TV money for the product. However, it wouldn't surprise me if there is a little shakeup.

I really think MWC presidents need to unite and force bsu's hand. I'd vote to kick bsu out thus ending re-entry agreement. Hold a simultaneous vote to invite bsu into the conference under equal TV terms. If they turn it down, best of luck to them. I would also up the exit fee if school jumps to Indy or other G5 league with exceptions like ending football, or other weird events.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.