Nevada down by 3 scores to Ohio late in the 3rd...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

FarEastPoke wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:13 pm
WestWYOPoke wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:31 pm
FarEastPoke wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:29 pm
WestWYOPoke wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:40 pm
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:42 am From the feel of some of our fanbase, Ohio is a perfect example of what we should be hoping for. 3 straight bowl wins and 11 seasons straight at .500 or better. How should NV be expected to compete with that type of juggernaut?
The difference is if Wyoming is improving or regaining stagnant. Ohio has been at this level since Solich got to town. Wyoming, on the other hand, has been improving over the last 5 years. If they continue to improve, we'll all be happy. If they don't, then we have a problem. Wyoming isn't the type of place that can go from 2 wins to 10 wins in 1or 2 seasons. Just reality.
I saw them go from a 3 win team to a 10 win team between the years of 1985 to 1987... Just sayin'...
If you are living with 1987 (or 1988 Wyokie) expectations, you will NEVER again be happy with Wyo football.
Yeah, I'm old enough to remember the Miracle on Ice, too... And I still hold Team USA to that standard... I'm funny that way- lol...
And I remember when Mount St. Helens blew most of the northern slope of the mountain up!!! My kindergarten class (Verda James) in Casper couldn't go out to play the day after due to all the ash coming into Wyoming.

I also have the 1988 highlight film on VHS called Rocky Mountain thunder. Plus a game program from the Utah game (61-18 blowout win), 1988 Holiday Bowl media guide and program plus 1988 UW Football media guide.

AND to top it all off....I met Randy Welniak just prior to our dumbassed loss to Tulsa :tickedoff: this past September!!!! Wonderful guy to meet.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

I think everyone wants Championships. 8 wins is better than 3 or 4, but I want double-digit wins and championships just like everyone else. I also know that Wyoming is a very unique place, you can't win overnight here. If Nick Saban was hired in 2014, I don't think even he would have won a championship until last year or this year. The only way to get to a consistent championship-caliber team at UW (within the rules) is to slowly improve year-by-year. Better recruiting will lead to more wins which will lead to better recruiting, etc.