How was the Arizona Bowl?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

How many Poke fans were at the game? How was the experience? I have to live vicariously through other people sometimes :lol:
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 14 times

It was great. Got to hang out with Wyoming fans from all over the country. I thought the tailgate party on the great lawn of the University of Arizona was a true highlight. Tucson has a lot of good restaurants and places to go out and drink. The New year's Eve ball bash was not as great as I thought it would be, but it was worth checking out.
The game atmosphere was phenomenal. Arizona stadium is an excellent place to watch a game. I would definitely go back down there for another game.
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

I thought it was a great bowl game experience. Arizona's campus is really nice, stadium was great (even with the extra long beer lines), actual game day event was very cool. The pre-game parachuters and F-16 flyovers made the game feel a lot more big time than something shown on CBS Sports.

Tucson is a great spot to host a bowl game with a lot to explore around the area too.

Only downside was the lack of porta-johns in the tailgate area. Can't have that many people drinking beer (some of it was free!) without the proper facilities.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Had a truly wonderful time, watched from on the field and wow is the game soooo much faster from there. Fans were great, people hosting were nice overall a wonderful time had for me, I'd go again, i agree the lack of toilets sucked
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 115 times

Really fun. Had to buzz in and out, so not a lot of activities other than game. Was a lot of fun and atmosphere was good.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.