The Great Debate Begins: Williams or Chambers?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

IowaCowboy wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:36 am
J-Bone wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:09 am
LanderPoke wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:16 am What has he done to lose his job?
Nearly non-existent pass game.
+10000

I love Chambers. He has potential to be so so so good. But he throws the football 120mph every time....no matter what the pass is. He needs to work on one thing and one thing only. Touch. If he finds that i think he has NFL potential.

It's a tough....but good problem to have. I love Levi's Moxy. Regardless. Pumped about our cowboys and the direction we are going. Best recruiting class EVER at wyoming coming in. Buckle up boys and girls.
The thing is, at this level, our WR's and TE's should be able to catch a 150mph ball if its in the general area. That really disappointed me this season. But Chamber should have been able to back it down a bit - obviously Levi was able to throw a catchable ball.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

I think a dual QB system would hurt us more than help. Our ball catchers and QBs struggle to gel and get sync'd up with just one QB in. There's almost no way in hell that it'll suddenly work wonders with two QBs. That's my simple opinion, anyways.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

If chambers can improve the passing, I think it will be difficult for Levi to beat him out unless Levi’s passing is light years ahead. The key will be, does Levi’s better arm outweigh Sean’s really dynamic running ability? Sean doesn’t need to be drew brees for us to win a championship. He’s an dynamic runner capable of taking it to the house. He needs to run less often and those fewer runs need to be converted to punishing Ds for stacking the box. Just like the Ravens did all year! 15-18 pass attempts but 3 and 4 td passing TD games.

Levi can run it but I don’t see him breaking them like Sean did. Levi will have to pass well to keep those rushing lanes open for our 3 headed monster. It’s going to fun watching this unfold
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

I heard from a source that Chambers really did have a difficult time getting the offense down for whatever reason. So the rumors that the playbook was limited for Sean are not untrue. Sean has a better grip now and I think we'll see him grow by leaps and bounds as a passer making him a premier MWC QB
J-Bone
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 11 times

WyoBrandX wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:24 pm
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:43 pm The bright side is, and I don't mean this snide, that no matter who is under center or calling plays, the offense can't get much if any worse.

If the defense performed to the offense's level the past 2 years, our record would be miserable. I like Chambers but I give the D more credit for the past 2 years' records than anyone on offense.

Go back to the first half of Bohl & Co's tenure here, and it was just opposite. Defense sucked, offense moved the ball.

I think we are capable of doing both. Losing Hill in 2015 hurt like hell.
We always seem to have one or the other, and I think we're just a mediocre passing game away from the whole thing.
Brown and Gold
Ranch Hand

Air force was better than us and neither QB gets the win there. Having said that, Levi is not as great of a runner and seems to be one step slower than Chambers on the run. Levi has had some success on throws in the bowl game but some of his WR we actually open. Bowl games help you put in some new plays and Levi had that advantage. Neither QB has a full game but Chambers is more powerful and athletic than Levi. Most of the issue with Wyoming's offense is the scheme we run and the inability to run plays that get teams out of position and our guys open in space. Other teams do it but Vigen is not capable of being creative enough to design strategies that are effective against defenses every week. Having either QB try to fit balls into tight windows and constantly running up the gut and putting the offense in 3rd and long isn't good either. So put in Chambers.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Brown and Gold wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:59 am Air force was better than us and neither QB gets the win there. Having said that, Levi is not as great of a runner and seems to be one step slower than Chambers on the run. Levi has had some success on throws in the bowl game but some of his WR we actually open. Bowl games help you put in some new plays and Levi had that advantage. Neither QB has a full game but Chambers is more powerful and athletic than Levi. Most of the issue with Wyoming's offense is the scheme we run and the inability to run plays that get teams out of position and our guys open in space. Other teams do it but Vigen is not capable of being creative enough to design strategies that are effective against defenses every week. Having either QB try to fit balls into tight windows and constantly running up the gut and putting the offense in 3rd and long isn't good either. So put in Chambers.
You’re not in a position to say whether or not we have an appropriate scheme, Unless you have some vast collegiate coaching experience we don’t know about. I think it’s simple. We had QBs that couldn’t throw the ball and not enough talent at WR. Hell, who knows, they might be maximizing the talent of our O. Chambers has a great record as starter even with poop throwing. That tells me the scheme to talent is pretty good. Do I like it? No? Do I want much better? Yes. But I’m not going to say the last two years would have been a lot better if we had a different OC. It might hard been worse.
W-Y, Until I Die!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 115 times

The offense has been terrible 5 of 6 years. I think that indicates more than just players are the problem.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.