Vander Waal in the transfer portal

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Had a feeling this would be upcoming, too bad, but in regards to his once a Cowboy always a Cowboy, yeah right....does this allow him to play in bowl game or is he done in the eyes of the coaches??
castlerocker
Cowpoke

I don't blame him a bit. Most guys would have been gone a long time ago.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

Best of luck to him. I hope he lands in a good spot that allows him good playing time in his last year or two of competitive football as well as a quality degree for life after college football.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Wish him nothing but the best. He stuck it out an additional year when many wouldn't have. Hope he finds a spot where he fits and gets the coaching he needs.

Thanks TVW
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

Not a surprise. He was looking at being 3rd string behind two guys younger than him. I always thought the game was just a little too fast for Tyler. He was a good teammate and part of an all-timer in the snow agaisnt AFA last season, he deserves our thanks for both of those. Think he goes FCS and has a good career somewhere.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

I appreciate his effort, but he's not a D1 quarterback. Needs to go to the RMAC or something.
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 14 times

We do need him for our bowl game though. Hopefully, he can still be available.
onePokeovertheline
Ranch Hand

phxpoke wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:01 pm We do need him for our bowl game though. Hopefully, he can still be available.
I normally have insight but don't on this. However, I think there is ZERO chance he plays in Tucson. Knowing Bohl the way I do I also think there is zero chance he even makes the trip. I've been wrong before but this would be way out of character for Bohl.

This begs the question who will be Levi's backup?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

I wish TVW all the best! He had some really nice moments here, like the AF win in the cold.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

onePokeovertheline wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:23 pm
phxpoke wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:01 pm We do need him for our bowl game though. Hopefully, he can still be available.
I normally have insight but don't on this. However, I think there is ZERO chance he plays in Tucson. Knowing Bohl the way I do I also think there is zero chance he even makes the trip. I've been wrong before but this would be way out of character for Bohl.

Katz on Twitter says he intends to make the trip and to play. I tend to agree with you though. You can intend a lot of things but I would be surprised if Bohl takes him.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:36 pm

Katz on Twitter says he intends to make the trip and to play. I tend to agree with you though. You can intend a lot of things but I would be surprised if Bohl takes him.
Why wouldn't he. For one, just because he has entered the portal doesn't mean he is transferring it is just the rist step that allows you to entertain offers/be recruited. and two, don't you think this was done after talking to Bohl. Idoubt he sees it as a betrayal. I'm willing to bet Bohl sat him down and said"you are probably going to be 3rd string to younger players. If you want to find somewhere for playing time, we support it."

I could be wrong though.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Well he's not NFL QB material as far as I can tell. But he has football smarts and can handle the ball so wouldn't a shot at wide receiver be worth a try. It would get him off the bench (I'm thinking of Conway here).
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

I think he goes to the bowl knowing he’ll be there if something happened to Levi. I think bohl probably told him that Levi was going to get a true shot. There’s no reason for bohl not to take him to Arizona. If he’s leaving, he doesn’t need to play unless he’s needed.
W-Y, Until I Die!
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

TSpoke wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:01 pm
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:36 pm

Why wouldn't he. For one, just because he has entered the portal doesn't mean he is transferring it is just the rist step that allows you to entertain offers/be recruited. and two, don't you think this was done after talking to Bohl. Idoubt he sees it as a betrayal. I'm willing to bet Bohl sat him down and said"you are probably going to be 3rd string to younger players. If you want to find somewhere for playing time, we support it."

I could be wrong though.
I have no idea either. I could absolutely see Bohl encouraging this. I can also see him saying you’re not a part of our future, I am going to let guys who will be have this experience.

Who knows.
castlerocker
Cowpoke

Bohl may show his gratitude to TVW by letting him start
and playing both of them.

Thanks and good Luck whatever you do Tyler.
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

He will likely go. If he doesn’t, how about Austin Conway? Played QB in HS
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Vt poke wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:30 pm

He will likely go. If he doesn’t, how about Austin Conway? Played QB in HS
Has Conway been doing more then the rare trick play throw the last several years? Otherwise, if he does end up there, we may end up going full option, his speed being a great weapon.

That said, yeah. I'm actually surprised TVW had stayed this year, but I wish him well regardless. He stuck it out, and gave it another go. Hopefully, wherever he lands, he gets a couple of years to play the game a bit more.
J-Bone
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 11 times

It's too bad he's looking to go. Would've liked to see him maybe move to another position. QB just isn't his place.
nashvillepoke
Ranch Hand

We don't need a backup QB for the Bowl game. It isn't super hard to run a half back dive 40 times a game. Hell use one of the other running backs as a QB.