Javaree Jackson - Suspended from Team

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

According to Bohl, Jackson is suspended from the team as to all team activities for 'violation of team rules' and there will be 'no further comment.' The suspension at this time is longer than just the bowl game according to Bohl.

My guess is that we don't see Jackson back. Bummer, big loss.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

Man we have had some really talented dudes screw up their futures. Sad to see.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

Poke in New England wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:12 pm Man we have had some really talented dudes screw up their futures. Sad to see.
I should say that Bohl (in a response to a reporter question) did leave open the door for Jackson to return if he 'figures some things out.' I am hopeful we will see him next year because he is a big contributor.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

damnit. I love Jackson's game. He is a massively important piece to our defense. Come on, Javaree, get things figured out!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

It must be tough being a student athlete these days, smh....
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

stymeman wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:21 pm It must be tough being a student athlete these days, smh....
I don't know if this is sarcastic or not, but I'm glad I'm not a kid these days. Sure they have nicer "things," but man, social media's always there. At least when I got crap as a kid, it stayed in school/wherever the source was and it didn't follow me around when I was with friends or at home. I can't even imagine the kids who get bullied nowadays who probably have no escape at all.

Now you have that, and then the constant threat of recorded doing dumb poop to have it plastered across the globe instantly. I was definitely not an innocent kid and did a lot of dumb things, mostly related to alcohol. I don't think I could've gotten away with all of that in today's society that just seems to be so much more... I don't know. Recorded?

I'm not saying he wasn't a dumbass. I'm just saying that he likely got caught doing something most of us did when we were high schoolers/college kids as well. Anything more serious, and he would've been kicked off the team with no chance of coming back... at least I hope he didn't do anything serious enough for that.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

Bohl has kicked kids off the team without hesitation. Sounds like if Jackson takes his punishment and learns, he’ll be back
W-Y, Until I Die!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

Heard it was a fight. No citations issued. Not sure if that is the case, just what I heard. Dumb.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

McPeachy wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:59 am Heard it was a fight. No citations issued. Not sure if that is the case, just what I heard. Dumb.
Well lets hope he didn't wind up to kick an extra point with someone's head in the street
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Poke in New England wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:09 pm
McPeachy wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:59 am Heard it was a fight. No citations issued. Not sure if that is the case, just what I heard. Dumb.
Well lets hope he didn't wind up to kick an extra point with someone's head in the street
People get way too worked up over fighting. If it was a fair fight with no cheap shots who cares?
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:23 pm
People get way too worked up over fighting. If it was a fair fight with no cheap shots who cares?
A no nonsense coach who doesn't want his players getting into fights in the first place?
CheyenneGunslinger
Ranch Hand

Poke in New England wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:12 pm Man we have had some really talented dudes screw up their futures. Sad to see.
Sometimes you just want to grab this kids and shake them and ask them "where is your mind".
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

That might be the single dumbest thing I've ever seen posted here. What are you, 15? :ghetto:
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

Wyovanian wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:46 pm
That might be the single dumbest thing I've ever seen posted here. What are you, 15? :ghetto:
In all fairness, he's written far dumber posts than this one.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

There were no arrests so it couldn't have been that bad. Who cares? I guess you want a bunch of choir boys
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:19 pm
There were no arrests so it couldn't have been that bad. Who cares? I guess you want a bunch of choir boys
No, I want to live in a place where violence isn't tolerated. I suppose you think spousal abuse is just a matter between the spouses...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Wyovanian wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:10 am
No, I want to live in a place where violence isn't tolerated. I suppose you think spousal abuse is just a matter between the spouses...
Are you implying two able bodied (and probably drunk) hot heads throwing hands is the same as an ass hole husband beating the poop out of his wife? Are you actually implying that? Or are you just a terrible troll?
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

Most bar fights I've seen are less violent than a lot of sport fighting events. As long as it's two "consenting" adults, no cheap shots, and nothing crazy with weapons or serious injuries, I'm kind of with Lander on this. We have degrees of other crimes and a harmless bar fight seems like a lesser infraction than a lot of things.
Punishment? Sure. Career ending? Nah, just a dumb decision and doesn't sound like anyone got hurt.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:51 am Most bar fights I've seen are less violent than a lot of sport fighting events. As long as it's two "consenting" adults, no cheap shots, and nothing crazy with weapons or serious injuries, I'm kind of with Lander on this. We have degrees of other crimes and a harmless bar fight seems like a lesser infraction than a lot of things.
Punishment? Sure. Career ending? Nah, just a dumb decision and doesn't sound like anyone got hurt.
Completely agree with this. Compared to the deed assaults and whatever other crap we've had happen, this is nothing.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Wyovanian wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:10 am
lol