Bowl Game Speculation

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

We're less than 48 hours from finding out our fate. With 79 teams eligible for 78 spots, I find it highly unlikely that UW is the one team left out.

Having said that, a lot can still be affected by tomorrow's games. Primarily the MWC and AAC championships. Some of the rumors I've been hearing are leaning away from Potato Bowl and more towards either New Mexico Bowl or Arizona Bowl.

Also a possible outside shot at the Aloha Bowl: if Memphis loses to Cincinatti and Boise beats Hawaii, most likely Boise will be the Group of 5 rep in the New Years 6 game. This means that Hawaii could be invited to the Las Vegas Bowl which would obviously open up a spot in Hawaii against BYU.

If I was putting money down as of right now (Friday at 8 PM), I'd say Arizona Bowl or New Mexico.

Anyone else heard or seen anything?
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

WestWYOPoke wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:14 pm We're less than 48 hours from finding out our fate. With 79 teams eligible for 78 spots, I find it highly unlikely that UW is the one team left out.
I'm actually curious as to which school gets left out. I'm guessing either a MAC school or Liberty.
Also a possible outside shot at the Aloha Bowl: if Memphis loses to Cincinatti and Boise beats Hawaii, most likely Boise will be the Group of 5 rep in the New Years 6 game. This means that Hawaii could be invited to the Las Vegas Bowl which would obviously open up a spot in Hawaii against BYU.
Sorry but the Aloha Bowl is actually called the Hawaii Bowl. Gawd, I hope Wyoming doesn't end up there. :roll:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 12 times

Potato Bohl....again....
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

PokeTransplant wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:56 pm Potato Bohl....again....
I see what you did there....that Bohled me over
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times

I'm thinking and hearing New Mexico, I've been both times and had a good time, and would be able to make it again to get my Green Chili fix too, Tuscon would be good but hafta work NYE unfortunately. we'll see Sunday!!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

New Mexico is conference friendly and easy drive for many a Wyoming fan up and down the Front Range.

Tuscon is a winter get-a-way destination, big city, and a new experience.

I wouldn't mind either for the Pokes, to be honest.
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 14 times

Please be the Arizona bowl!
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

PokeTransplant wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:56 pm Potato Bohl....again....
You just made me throw up.
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 10 times

Who is left out? I think either a team from a conference that has more eligible teams than slots available OR a 6-6 team. I can't imagine ANY 7-5 club being left out.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

NM Bowl is my bet
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

WYO_Fan_inPA wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:01 pm Who is left out? I think either a team from a conference that has more eligible teams than slots available OR a 6-6 team. I can't imagine ANY 7-5 club being left out.
My guess is a MAC team, they have 8 teams eligible for just 5 spots. Four MAC teams are 6-6, so probably one of those gets left out.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... rojections

Arizona Bowl or Armed Forces Bowl!! ESPN owns half the bowl games so they know better than anyone. Both would be terrific but come on Arizona Bowl!!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Rumor is AZ Bowl
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times

Sure better than smurf turf on awful Jan 3rd, will try to talk my boss in letting me take 31st off