Bold Decisions Must Be Made To Take Wyoming Football To The Next Level

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:48 am
GetRealMan wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:17 am I guess I'm seeing our offensive woes a bit different than running versus passing or changing schematics from smash mouth to finesse. Execution is the number one obstacle keeping the offense from moving the chains.

Bohl's offense is predicated and dependant on "fundementals" that come from something we are woefully missing, and that's talent on the o-line, faster wide recievers, and quicker running back (beyond Valladay).

Some of this is due to injuries and some youth and lack of experience, others is probably bad recruiting choices. But in general if the talent level picks up and fundemental blocking for run and pass are improved even marginally, this offense could work just fine.

Quarterbacks have been recruited to pass from the pocket but instead have to throw on the run while running backs are being tackled behind the line of scrimmage and recievers are not getting open.
If we don't address the lack of talent any scheme changes proposed are dead on arrival.
You're basically saying that we don't have the talent. I completely disagree. I thought the defense sucked before we hired Standard. I though we just didn't have the horses, but lo and behold we did. They were just being coached down and put in positions to not succeed. As soon as we got a real defensive coordinator they turned into a top-2 MWC defense!

I see players on the offense. I know we could have a good offense if we just make a change to the "architect" of the offense. We need a new OC and Bohl needs to relenquish control of the offense altogether. I'd bet anyone anything that if we put literally anyone else that's a legitimate football coach in charge of the offense that it would more or less transform into a functional MWC offense.

Coaching matter more in football than any other sport in the world.
I'd argue that we need a new recievers coach/maybe qb coach. OC has changed out quite a few positions over the last few years and has had good success in doing it.

Klieman was supposed to be our DC when Bohl came. He took over NDSU instead. Stanard was just a warm body to fill the position - that Bohl thought might be better than he was. Didn't take him long to sniff that one out and fix it.

A couple of years ago, they switched out the rb coach. the oline coach. strength and conditioning. dc twice. each and every time we've seen improvement. And remember, they are doing this on a middle of the pack MWC coaching budget.

The coaching staff is getting alot of bang for their buck.

Who comes in as the safeties coach this year? We've basically lost a year of consistency at that position as we had a different coach last year, a new coach this year, then the old coach took over from last year, and will hire a new coach for next year. When it comes to implementing instinct in a situation, consistency is a good factor, otherwise players end of thinking too much.
Brown and Gold
Ranch Hand

The reason why we aren't winning the division and playing for the championship is plain and simple. Craig Bohl doesn't have the courage to make the changes necessary to improve the team and he's too conservative to get over the hump. We make excuses for the guy because he's a nice guy. He is really a Larry Shyatt in a way....we compete, we have one season where we finished strong but we are never really a threat to win the conference. Say what you want but our scheme is conservative, predictable and boring and it's not going to win championships here.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

Brown and Gold wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:10 pm The reason why we aren't winning the division and playing for the championship is plain and simple. Craig Bohl doesn't have the courage to make the changes necessary to improve the team and he's too conservative to get over the hump. We make excuses for the guy because he's a nice guy. He is really a Larry Shyatt in a way....we compete, we have one season where we finished strong but we are never really a threat to win the conference. Say what you want but our scheme is conservative, predictable and boring and it's not going to win championships here.
This is reductionist thinking at it's finest. By all means...don't acknowledge the history of overall below mediocre results. I guess I didn't realize we were such a powerhouse and have only ever been held back by gutless coaching. I can't think of any reason at all why Wyoming should ever struggle in athletics....*end sarcasm*

You can dismiss me and say "oh you and your excuses are why Wyoming is not top 25", but look at the history of Wyoming athletics...do you see a culture of winning and toughness?..I don't. Bohl may not be "THE" solution but he's definitely NOT the problem. It is a steep uphill climb to have high end success at programs like Wyoming....in fact it hardly happens. BSU seems to have been able to build for long term high end success, but outside of them it's very far and few between or non-existent. There are no quick fixes here. Going from terrible to mediocre has been the Wyoming way since I have been a fan and we have always reverted back to terrible after getting to mediocre. I don't think it's obvious we are heading to terrible any time soon....Let's have some perspective on the task that Wyoming coaches are undertaking. That means giving leeway and the benefit of the doubt to guys that are creating sustained success in a way that has not happened at Wyoming In 20+ years. That does not mean staying the course with failed coaches (ie Edwards), or "settling"....Wyoming athletics needs to be built up....it starts with the foundation and may be uncomfortably slow for some.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

307bball wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:14 pm
Brown and Gold wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:10 pm The reason why we aren't winning the division and playing for the championship is plain and simple. Craig Bohl doesn't have the courage to make the changes necessary to improve the team and he's too conservative to get over the hump. We make excuses for the guy because he's a nice guy. He is really a Larry Shyatt in a way....we compete, we have one season where we finished strong but we are never really a threat to win the conference. Say what you want but our scheme is conservative, predictable and boring and it's not going to win championships here.
This is reductionist thinking at it's finest. By all means...don't acknowledge the history of overall below mediocre results. I guess I didn't realize we were such a powerhouse and have only ever been held back by gutless coaching. I can't think of any reason at all why Wyoming should ever struggle in athletics....*end sarcasm*

You can dismiss me and say "oh you and your excuses are why Wyoming is not top 25", but look at the history of Wyoming athletics...do you see a culture of winning and toughness?..I don't. Bohl may not be "THE" solution but he's definitely NOT the problem. It is a steep uphill climb to have high end success at programs like Wyoming....in fact it hardly happens. BSU seems to have been able to build for long term high end success, but outside of them it's very far and few between or non-existent. There are no quick fixes here. Going from terrible to mediocre has been the Wyoming way since I have been a fan and we have always reverted back to terrible after getting to mediocre. I don't think it's obvious we are heading to terrible any time soon....Let's have some perspective on the task that Wyoming coaches are undertaking. That means giving leeway and the benefit of the doubt to guys that are creating sustained success in a way that has not happened at Wyoming In 20+ years. That does not mean staying the course with failed coaches (ie Edwards), or "settling"....Wyoming athletics needs to be built up....it starts with the foundation and may be uncomfortably slow for some.
We do tend to exaggerate how good our good years were and tend to forget how shortlived they were.

We've won TWO outright conference championships in the last 50 YEARS!

I agree with this statement: "Bohl may not be "THE" solution but he's definitely NOT the problem."

THE solution is the guy that turns us into Boise State overnight. Needle in a haystack is my guess. Once we do find that person, he's taking a higher-level job ASAP anyway and we fall back down to earth. Even bigger haystack to find the guy who turns us into Boise State overnight and STAYS or at least leaves us with an assistant who can sustain what he's built (aka Chris Peterson). Ultimately, it's not about the ONE right coach, it's about finding 2 or 3, in a row.

We arent the only team with this problem, of course. There are dozens and dozens of bad-mediocre football programs out there trying to get over the hump. If the solution was easy, nobody would suck.

The problem is 50 years in the making.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

2 camps. 1 blames coaching and 1 blames players (including injuries).

Will be interesting over the next few years. 5 years of miserable offenses = players??? Like I said, interesting.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

By all means...don't acknowledge the history of overall below mediocre results.
This type of thinking is far more damaging than calling out Bohl or Vigen. Being willing to justify todays under-performance because its not quite as poop as yesterdays under-performance is absurd.

Are we winning championships? No

Are we at least competing for championships? No

Are we making the changes necessary to approach competing for championships? Eh, maybe?

Are we developing a culture that is self sustaining and is producing a winning way that will move forward with success? I'd argue yes on D, absolutely not on O.

Bohl is the football version of Larry Shyatt. Larry Shyatt never finished higher than 4th in the conference. Outside of one magical run through the conference tournament, he never sniffed anything close to success here. What has Bohl done that is so different? His 2016 season featured what, 9 NFL players and still couldnt win a conference championship before being dominated by BYU in a poop bowl.

I like Bohl and am happy hes here. But quit kidding yourself that the fan base should be stoked that Bohl should be above reproach because were losing closer than we were a decade ago. He hasnt accomplished anything yet.
307bball
WyoNation Addict

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:25 am
This type of thinking is far more damaging than calling out Bohl or Vigen. Being willing to justify todays under-performance because its not quite as poop as yesterdays under-performance is absurd.
What type of thinking are you referring to? If you are misunderstanding me and are referring to "settling" for average then I'm in agreement with you. I am not an advocate of "settling" for average.

But maybe you do understand what I'm actually saying, and are actually taking issue with judging a program holistically. You mentioned under-performance....could you please provide the metric by which you are judging that? If you mean under-performance by historical Wyoming standards you could not be more wrong. Our three-year rolling average win % is better than it's been this century...and it's really not close. Since 1970 Wyoming has had better three-year rolling average win % from 1981-83, 1987-89, 1994-99....and that is it! This is what progress looks like...We all wish it was coming faster. I'm pretty sure it is technically possible that there are HC/OC combos out there that could cause it to happen faster here, but it is FAAAAAR more likely that a change at the top would result in reverting to the historical norm. Every coach we have fired in the current century has had that reversion to the norm happen on their watch....If you are right, and Bohl is just another "average" Wyoming coach we are witnessing the veeeery beginning of that slide...I don't think that is the case but I've been wrong before, heck I really thought Glenn was the guy that would get it done here.

Maybe you are just being arbitrary and choosing another program not named Wyoming as your metric for "under-performance". I guess you could do that...doesn't mean much...we are currently worse than some and better some...ok if that makes you feel better.

You are right that we are not winning championships but you are wrong that we aren't competing for them, but that is at least that is somewhat subjective. IMO, The MWC in Football is three tiers when is comes to program success (i.e. more than just one season):

Tier 1: BSU, It truly is Boise and Everybody else ... you could squeak SDSU into here but I don't.

Tier 2: Everybody that "competes" for championships...these are teams that are in the championship race in November and could even make the Championship game every so often. Hawaii, SDSU AFA, Wyo, Utah St, and Fresno. Fresno seems like it is currently trending down and SDSU could put itself with BSU pretty quickly.

Tier 3: These guys are not currently "competing" for championships CSU, Nevada, UNLV, SJSU, UNM.

There are different ways to slice and dice this but that is my opinion on a rough breakdown of the power structure of the MWC.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

307bball wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:10 am
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:25 am
What type of thinking are you referring to? If you are misunderstanding me and are referring to "settling" for average then I'm in agreement with you. I am not an advocate of "settling" for average.

But maybe you do understand what I'm actually saying, and are actually taking issue with judging a program holistically. You mentioned under-performance....could you please provide the metric by which you are judging that? If you mean under-performance by historical Wyoming standards you could not be more wrong. Our three-year rolling average win % is better than it's been this century...and it's really not close. Since 1970 Wyoming has had better three-year rolling average win % from 1981-83, 1987-89, 1994-99....and that is it! This is what progress looks like...We all wish it was coming faster. I'm pretty sure it is technically possible that there are HC/OC combos out there that could cause it to happen faster here, but it is FAAAAAR more likely that a change at the top would result in reverting to the historical norm. Every coach we have fired in the current century has had that reversion to the norm happen on their watch....If you are right, and Bohl is just another "average" Wyoming coach we are witnessing the veeeery beginning of that slide...I don't think that is the case but I've been wrong before, heck I really thought Glenn was the guy that would get it done here.

Maybe you are just being arbitrary and choosing another program not named Wyoming as your metric for "under-performance". I guess you could do that...doesn't mean much...we are currently worse than some and better some...ok if that makes you feel better.

You are right that we are not winning championships but you are wrong that we aren't competing for them, but that is at least that is somewhat subjective. IMO, The MWC in Football is three tiers when is comes to program success (i.e. more than just one season):

Tier 1: BSU, It truly is Boise and Everybody else ... you could squeak SDSU into here but I don't.

Tier 2: Everybody that "competes" for championships...these are teams that are in the championship race in November and could even make the Championship game every so often. Hawaii, SDSU AFA, Wyo, Utah St, and Fresno. Fresno seems like it is currently trending down and SDSU could put itself with BSU pretty quickly.

Tier 3: These guys are not currently "competing" for championships CSU, Nevada, UNLV, SJSU, UNM.

There are different ways to slice and dice this but that is my opinion on a rough breakdown of the power structure of the MWC.
A. I broke out my gauge of "under performance". I want championships. We aren't even close.

B. We are not competing for Conf. Championships. Losing close in Boise isn't competing for conference championships. Based on scheme we are closer to CSU than we are BSU. When BSU coach can come to the post game press conference and say his staff told the players to sell out for one play and one play only and be correct, we aren't competing. Its year 6 and 1 time have we been close. Is that good enough for you? Does that show a history of competing for championships? Once out of six seasons?

C. How are we competing for championships, in your opinion? Your tiers just breakdown the rankings. What are you seeing on the field that shows you year in and year out we can/have been competing for championships?

D. What has Bohl shown you to refute the Shyatt comparison? What has he done? If he cannot rationalize a change of some sort for the play calling/OC, and all else stays the same, do you foresee Bohl leading UW to Boise's level year in an year out?
307bball
WyoNation Addict

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:30 am
A. I broke out my gauge of "under performance". I want championships. We aren't even close.
Ok...everyone wants championships, common ground there. Way to sidestep the fact that you are really dealing with a measurement issue here. Under performance is a bad way to define what you are talking about...just say it's championships or else and we could avoid this argument/discussion.
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:30 am B. We are not competing for Conf. Championships. Losing close in Boise isn't competing for conference championships. Based on scheme we are closer to CSU than we are BSU. When BSU coach can come to the post game press conference and say his staff told the players to sell out for one play and one play only and be correct, we aren't competing. Its year 6 and 1 time have we been close. Is that good enough for you? Does that show a history of competing for championships? Once out of six seasons?
Once again...subjective. You seem to define competing for championships as what? Being in the MWC championship game?...Ok..that is fine. By your definition we are not. That is not my definition...I at least layed out my definition. Look at other conferences...some teams are in the race for conference titles down the stretch of the season and some teams are not. That to me is "competing for championships". I'm fine with disagreement on this though...

One other thing...Harsin can puff his chest out and say whatever he wants to in a post game presser but the fact of the matter is Wyoming did a lot of damage to the idea that BSU is invincible on the blue turf in that game that no other team has managed...least of all CSU! Not a victory, obviously, but i'm not going to hang my head competing with them in the trenches like we did that game.
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:30 am C. How are we competing for championships, in your opinion? Your tiers just breakdown the rankings. What are you seeing on the field that shows you year in and year out we can/have been competing for championships?
See my response to B. This is not just a simple rankings breakdown...if that were the case Fresno would be in the low tier...but there success the last couple years keeps them up (for now). For Wyoming, I would classify 2012-15 as not "competing for championships" and 2016 on as "competing for championships... you seem to disagree. Am I correct in the assumption that if a team does not appear in a conference championship game that you consider them to not be "competing for championships?"
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:30 am D. What has Bohl shown you to refute the Shyatt comparison? What has he done? If he cannot rationalize a change of some sort for the play calling/OC, and all else stays the same, do you foresee Bohl leading UW to Boise's level year in an year out?
I don't find a Shyatt comparison very compelling I guess. Shyatt was a good coach at the tail end of his career. He stabilized a program in free-fall and then retired...and may have been followed by an all-time terrible coach at Wyoming.

I feel like you and I are arguing past eachother to some extent. For my part, I'm in agreement with the statement titling this thread "Bold Decisions Must Be Made To Take Wyoming Football To The Next Level". Can you at least see the historical context of bad to mediocre that exists at Wyoming? Here is a list of top 15 four year stretches since 1970 as measure by average winning percentage at the fourth year: *Edit* original post had a calculation error

1 -1990- 0.6905
2 -1999- 0.6835
3 -1998- 0.66075
4 -1989- 0.6425
5 -1996- 0.63625
6 -1997- 0.604
7 -1991- 0.6005
8 -1988- 0.597
9 -1970- 0.57725
10 -1983- 0.568
11 -2019- 0.56725
12 -1984- 0.55675
13 -1993- 0.54625
14 -1995- 0.53225
15 -1987- 0.5105

Anything stand out? People noticing that the direction of the program under Bohl as better than anything in recent memory are correct. Pointing that out is not the same as saying "this is all I ever want the program to be".
Last edited by 307bball on Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

I'll make this simple to where even Dan Quayle OR a Fort Fart grad could actualy understand...….

I want championships, NOT chicken poop!!!!! And what we've been getting has been chicken poop!!!!!!!! :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
307bball
WyoNation Addict

Wyokie wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:54 am I'll make this simple to where even Dan Quayle OR a Fort Fart grad could actualy understand...….

I want championships, NOT chicken poop!!!!! And what we've been getting has been chicken poop!!!!!!!! :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:
Ha!...Dan Quayle...love it. Totally agree w/the sentement here though. We all want championships. The two camps on this message board seem divided as follows:

1. Those who are pretty sure that Championships are unattainable by current program leadership and are thus calling for change.

2. Those who acknowledge the historical context of the program and judge the current program leadership to be on the happy side of that context and heading in the right direction.
jessejames02
Ranch Hand

Wyokie wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:54 am I'll make this simple to where even Dan Quayle OR a Fort Fart grad could actualy understand...….

It's pretty simple. He came here promising championships. He's being paid a lot to win championships.
So win a championship. I don't think that's too much to ask, especially when that's why he was hired.

Even if the Cowboys were competing for championships, (which they've done once, you have to be in the championship game to be considered "competing" for the championship), that's not the job. Winning championships is.

We're six years in. I don't think it's too crazy to suggest that next year is Bohl's make or break year.
52-56
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

So, it seems we have 3 clear camps.
1. Bohl/Vigen all the way.
2. Bohl yes, Vigen no.
3. Bohl is not the answer!

I honestly put myself in 2. here. Bohl has, overall, brought a lot of good to school. It was a rough start, to be sure. And having Stanard early on wasn't helpful at all. But Bohl did change up things on defense and positions that were underperforming barring one. And Vigen has been with Bohl for a long time.

This last year, barring the last couple of games (which could very well be due to our rash of injuries finally catching up), we were within a single score of all of our games. But, most of that was due to our defense being able to snuff out most offenses. Our offense struggled most games to do more than run the ball for a few yards most possessions.

If the offense were able to sustain long, time consuming drives on a consistent basis, that would be one thing. But most times, they struggle to BE consistent. Mainly in the passing game. And this goes back to the beginning.

Also of note; it is now 3-4 years straight without a losing record. Prior to him coming, we would struggle to get 1 winning season in that time slot.
307bball
WyoNation Addict

jessejames02 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:42 am
It's pretty simple. He came here promising championships. He's being paid a lot to win championships.
So win a championship. I don't think that's too much to ask, especially when that's why he was hired.
As opposed to the other coaches hired at Wyoming to .. not win championships?
jessejames02 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:42 am Even if the Cowboys were competing for championships, (which they've done once, you have to be in the championship game to be considered "competing" for the championship), that's not the job. Winning championships is.

We're six years in. I don't think it's too crazy to suggest that next year is Bohl's make or break year.
I'm pretty sure that every coach Wyoming has ever hired has said some form of "I'm here to bring championships"...However...do they get fired or even on the hot seat for not winning championships?...nope. You get fired at Wyoming for being consistently under .500 in conference play and consistently losing to CSU. That has been how coaches get fired here. Now..you could make the argument that those standards are too low and....fair enough. Even if they are too low, nobody is achieving them since the late '90s over multiple seasons.

The fact of the matter is...If Any Wyoming football coach that strings together 6-8 win seasons at Wyoming while beating CSU 2 years out of 3, the administration ain't putting much pressure on them. I don't necessarily like that fact...but I understand why that is the case. It is because that level of success is almost unprecedented at Wyoming. See my previous posts showing just how cruddy things actually are at Wyoming over the years.

Can we please replace "competing for championships" with "playing in MWC title game" ... Much less subjective and I feel like it captures what your wanting.
307bball
WyoNation Addict

fromolwyoming wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:03 pm So, it seems we have 3 clear camps.
2. Bohl yes, Vigen no.

I honestly put myself in 2. here. Bohl has, overall, brought a lot of good to school. It was a rough start, to be sure. And having Stanard early on wasn't helpful at all. But Bohl did change up things on defense and positions that were underperforming barring one. And Vigen has been with Bohl for a long time.

This last year, barring the last couple of games (which could very well be due to our rash of injuries finally catching up), we were within a single score of all of our games. But, most of that was due to our defense being able to snuff out most offenses. Our offense struggled most games to do more than run the ball for a few yards most possessions.

If the offense were able to sustain long, time consuming drives on a consistent basis, that would be one thing. But most times, they struggle to BE consistent. Mainly in the passing game. And this goes back to the beginning.

Also of note; it is now 3-4 years straight without a losing record. Prior to him coming, we would struggle to get 1 winning season in that time slot.
yeah...seems reasonable. I really like Bohl. I don't really blame any single aspect of a football team on a particular coordinator or position coach. I'm a "buck stops with the head coach" guy. So for me it is just Bohl...yes!The offense was really bad this year and it seems like a recurring problem for Bohl's teams here at Wyo. I feel like the most successful Bohl-style team would probably still not be a flamethrower on the offensive side of the ball...need to be at least efficient though.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

fromolwyoming wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:03 pm So, it seems we have 3 clear camps.
2. Bohl yes, Vigen no.

Incorrect!

Bohl yes...and whoever he puts on his staff is up to him and him alone. Bohl has this program in its best shape since the Tiller years.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

It's pretty simple, we are 122nd in plays per game. Not surprising for "ball control" offense and also not surprising that teams like Utah and Wisconsin also rank relatively low on number of plays per game.

The major difference is points per possession which Utah, AF, Wisconsin are up there.

Bohl's philosophy will always limit offensive plays per game. The offense has to be more effective at scoring on those plays.

I find it funny people blame players for Vigen's inefficient offense but previously place all blame on coaches. I guess whatever supports the narrative.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
307bball
WyoNation Addict

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:47 pm It's pretty simple, we are 122nd in plays per game. Not surprising for "ball control" offense and also not surprising that teams like Utah and Wisconsin also rank relatively low on number of plays per game.

The major difference is points per possession which Utah, AF, Wisconsin are up there.

Bohl's philosophy will always limit offensive plays per game. The offense has to be more effective at scoring on those plays.

I find it funny people blame players for Vigen's inefficient offense but previously place all blame on coaches. I guess whatever supports the narrative.
Did I miss somebody blaming the players? I mean... There will always be some deficiencies.... It's Wyo college football after all.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

I think the dudes saying we aren’t even close are about as dumb as they come. We’re a competent thrower away from winning this thing.
W-Y, Until I Die!
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

laxwyo wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:31 pm I think the dudes saying we aren’t even close are about as dumb as they come. We’re a competent thrower away from winning this thing.
4 of our 5 losses came down to one possession. 4 possessions away from 11-1.

I am not opposed to a change at OC. There clearly needs to be a change in some things we do or do not do in order to have those tight games end in our favor.

But, yes I agree with you. To say we aren’t even close is clearly not true.