Overall for this season, here's where I'm at;

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

The parts I have enjoyed;

The vastly improved lines on both sides, as well as the quality depth behind the starters.
The RBs. Sure, the injuries suck, but all three initial RBs showed toughness, grit, and refused to go down easily.
The new D-coordinator. He had a big hole to fill, and he's done quite well. The pass defense has been questionable at times, but overall, no complaints.
The front 7 on defense have proven to be at or near the top of the conference, mainly in stopping the run. Even with undersized guys on the line, they manage to stuff the run pretty effectively, as well as get into the backfield plenty.
The overall toughness of the team. They refuse to quit, and fight to the last second.

The parts I have not enjoyed;
The severe lack of a competent passing game. This goes on for both QB and WRs, though a couple of players have stepped up, being below even below average has hampered the offense many times, even going back to years past. And many of our QBs have issues with the short passing game. Often throwing missiles without much accuracy.
The kicking game. Last year, Rothe was money from 40-45 yards on in. Somehow, he's got to the point where even PATs are not a given. Its a real headscratcher, to be sure.
Pass defense. I know we graduated a couple of key guys last year, but the rate we get torched through the air, by Air Force even (seriously, when did they become a passing team!?), or SDSU's below par QB, is painful and ridiculous.
And finally; our AD scheduling BYU for a future season. Playing them brings nothing except self-entitled jerks that look down on everyone not sporting BYU gear. We beat them? They "beat themselves". They win? Well, they become even more insufferable.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Nicely done, i agree with you wholeheartedly!!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Good post.

Pre-season - I was down on this team after losing our defensive line and safeties to graduation and starting a freshman QB with a group of receivers that hadn't shown much. I predicted 5 wins.

Post-season - This has been the most fun season for me to watch Wyoming football since 1996. Not an ounce of quit in any player despite a rash of injuries. Yes, I would have liked the Boise, SDSU, Tulsa and Utah State games to turn out differently and we had a great chance in all of them. But 7 wins with this relatively young team (we will really miss Wilson and Hall next year) and with a returning freshman and sophomore QB that both appear to be pretty darn good only leaves me really excited for the possibilities of the next few years.

...but we aren't done yet, we have a Bohl game to win! Come on Tucson or Phoenix and let's go Pokes!
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

fromolwyoming wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:37 am The parts I have enjoyed;

The vastly improved lines on both sides, as well as the quality depth behind the starters.
The RBs. Sure, the injuries suck, but all three initial RBs showed toughness, grit, and refused to go down easily.
The new D-coordinator. He had a big hole to fill, and he's done quite well. The pass defense has been questionable at times, but overall, no complaints.
Eaton used to be known for building undersized defensive line techniques. You don't need to big guys, you need the talented guys. We are seeing that now
The front 7 on defense have proven to be at or near the top of the conference, mainly in stopping the run. Even with undersized guys on the line, they manage to stuff the run pretty effectively, as well as get into the backfield plenty.

The overall toughness of the team. They refuse to quit, and fight to the last second.

Joe Glenn used to say its tough to recruit the big defensive line to wyo. Thats why they went to the 3-4 defense - and had success.

The parts I have not enjoyed;
The severe lack of a competent passing game. This goes on for both QB and WRs, though a couple of players have stepped up, being below even below average has hampered the offense many times, even going back to years past. And many of our QBs have issues with the short passing game. Often throwing missiles without much accuracy.
It has been hit and miss. TVW is a hell of a player in terms of standing up and taking the whippings he is getting. He's a hell of a cowboy. We are lucky to have him around (expecially as hard as he plays when he is grounded for long periods of time). I hope that he figures a few things off in the offseason. Or Chambers learns how to throw better. Or Levi steps up to both.

The kicking game. Last year, Rothe was money from 40-45 yards on in. Somehow, he's got to the point where even PATs are not a given. Its a real headscratcher, to be sure.

That is the weirdest thing about this year. The kicker that kicked good for a few years loses his mind.

Pass defense. I know we graduated a couple of key guys last year, but the rate we get torched through the air, by Air Force even (seriously, when did they become a passing team!?), or SDSU's below par QB, is painful and ridiculous.

I think that will tighten up next year. We did fire our safeties coach mid year. One more thing for another coordinator to take on

And finally; our AD scheduling BYU for a future season. Playing them brings nothing except self-entitled jerks that look down on everyone not sporting BYU gear. We beat them? They "beat themselves". They win? Well, they become even more insufferable.
yuck. why did you bring that up?