TV coverage

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Am I the only one who finds it insulting that a 9 win Air Force team taking on a 7 win Wyoming team only broadcast is on a Facebook live video?

What an embarrassment to Air Force, Wyoming, and the MWC. Two of the top Mountain division teams playing today and nobody cares? I realize it's rivalry week but to not be able to broadcast this game on a major network is ridiculous. Amateur hour for the MWC but par for the course
I'm good for 3!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Yup. Craig Thompson shouldn't be trusted to run a 7-11, much less a major D-1 athletics conference
brownngold
Buckaroo

Fire everyone
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

I was impressed with the quality of the broadcast of Facebook from picture and sound quality to camera angles. It looked great on my new black friday 75 inch 4K. Facebook broadcast beats the hell out of ATT/Root, ESPNU, ESPN+ and those 10 PM CBSSN broadcasts IMO. And best of all it is free!

I personally would love having Facebook broadcast for every road game and then I can cancel the damn Hulu Live which is about to go up to $55/month in its second price increase in less than a year. Facebook just need to work on its marketing and it should create a digital channel easily uploaded to smart TVs. However, I liked how Facebook is ahead of the game and easily linkable to Chromecast, Roku, Firestick, etc..
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

I disliked several things - the little floating emojis or whatever the heck they were floating through the screen all the time (there might be a way to turn them off but I'm not a user of Facebook so I don't know). It took me forever to figure out how to turn off the inane comments, but even after doing so, and putting the video on full screen, the annoying poop on the right was still visible and took up about 40% of the screen. I ended up turning off the audio because the announcers seemed like Air Force homers. While picture quality was good, the whole experience was just too gimmicky for my tastes. I'll take a game on ESPN or CBSSports any day over this. :twocents:
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

CowboyNV wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:29 am I disliked several things - the little floating emojis or whatever the heck they were floating through the screen all the time (there might be a way to turn them off but I'm not a user of Facebook so I don't know). It took me forever to figure out how to turn off the inane comments, but even after doing so, and putting the video on full screen, the annoying poop on the right was still visible and took up about 40% of the screen. I ended up turning off the audio because the announcers seemed like Air Force homers. While picture quality was good, the whole experience was just too gimmicky for my tastes. I'll take a game on ESPN or CBSSports any day over this. :twocents:
My tv screen looked just like an ESPN screen by streaming through the Chromecast (except better picture quality than ESPN usually provides for MWC games). It was an Air Force home game and it is a service academy, of course they were going to be deferential to Air Force just like every network is.
Lost Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 15 times

I blame Vigen
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:10 am
CowboyNV wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:29 am I disliked several things - the little floating emojis or whatever the heck they were floating through the screen all the time (there might be a way to turn them off but I'm not a user of Facebook so I don't know). It took me forever to figure out how to turn off the inane comments, but even after doing so, and putting the video on full screen, the annoying poop on the right was still visible and took up about 40% of the screen. I ended up turning off the audio because the announcers seemed like Air Force homers. While picture quality was good, the whole experience was just too gimmicky for my tastes. I'll take a game on ESPN or CBSSports any day over this. :twocents:
My tv screen looked just like an ESPN screen by streaming through the Chromecast (except better picture quality than ESPN usually provides for MWC games). It was an Air Force home game and it is a service academy, of course they were going to be deferential to Air Force just like every network is.
I'm only describing my experience - I watched on my 27" computer monitor as I don't have Chromecast. I'm glad your experience was better. Mine, not so much. As with all things, we can agree to disagree.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

CowboyNV wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:25 am
OrediggerPoke wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:10 am
I'm only describing my experience - I watched on my 27" computer monitor as I don't have Chromecast. I'm glad your experience was better. Mine, not so much. As with all things, we can agree to disagree.
Absolutely can have different opinions on this as it is completely a matter of taste. Although I’d venture to guess you don’t typically watch ESPN on your computer monitor so it is probably a bit apples to oranges.
jessejames02
Ranch Hand

I was at work, so I loved it. Streaming it on my browser while doing other stuff was awesome.
52-56