What the F are we doing on offense???!!!

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

No urgency. Starting the wrong QB. Gutless playcalling. Moronic run it up the middle poop. This is our ceiling unless Bohl makes big time personnel changes with his staff, and I mean OC! :tickedoff: Let's see if he grows a pair and makes the needed changes or if he's satisfied with what we are
nashvillepoke
Ranch Hand

I find this interesting. Through 11 games we attempted 212 passes. To put it in perspective Valladay had 207 attempts.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... oys/stats/
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

nashvillepoke wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:56 pm I find this interesting. Through 11 games we attempted 212 passes. To put it in perspective Valladay had 207 attempts.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... oys/stats/
And he really didn't start getting that many carries until the other two went down.

I'm kind of amazed Valladay is still in one piece at this point.
Brown and Gold
Ranch Hand

Barely above .500 is where we are 100 percent because Bohl can't pull the trigger on Vigen. We don't have MWC championship caliber players on offense but just a little bit of creativity could have us with several more wins, maybe undefeated. We are no better than when DC was here, we are just playing weaker teams and getting a few more wins because of it. Defensively, we are certainly better.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Brown and Gold wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:35 am We are no better than when DC was here, we are just playing weaker teams and getting a few more wins because of it. Defensively, we are certainly better.
That is garbage. This program and team is worlds better than DC’s era. FFS look at how many times we were blown out in DC’s last few years. How many times was Wyoming not competitive in a game this year while starting inexperienced quarterbacks and with young lines on both sides of the ball ? I’ll answer that for you - zero.

Comparing this program to DC’s program is a disgrace and pure fiction.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

Clock management and substitutions at qb was mind boggling and indefensible. I'd love to hear the Vigen apologists explain that away.

Bohl and Vigen are greatly benefitting from a MUCH weaker schedule. 1 out of 6 years had wins against teams in the upper HALF of college football. The offensive production is 100% the problem. To argue otherwise is asinine. The offense is not sufficient to beat the better teams or even decent teams.

The debate centers on how to fix the offense not if the offense needs fixed. I reject the theory that Bohl is tied to Vigen and also reject the notion that Burman mandates Vigen's firing. Arguing the offense is fine or on track is ridiculous. Let's see what Bohl does. I do know that the offense can't get any worse, so trying anything, moving on from Vigen, for example, is not a risk. The argument that if Vigen goes, Bohl goes, doesn't hold water. That concept is just speculation. Before it starts, I'm not talking about Burman forcing; I'm talking about Bohl choosing to move on.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
HR_Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

We would rather lose close than actually take a risk and try to win
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

HR_Poke wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:20 pm We would rather lose close than actually take a risk and try to win
WERE COWBOY TOUGH!! Running the same concept is far more awesome and on brand than trying that new fangled offensive balance nonsense!!
HR_Poke
Cowpoke

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:31 pm
HR_Poke wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:20 pm We would rather lose close than actually take a risk and try to win
WERE COWBOY TOUGH!! Running the same concept is far more awesome and on brand than trying that new fangled offensive balance nonsense!!
That HB dive is a completely different play than the previous one because the weak side tackle blocks slightly to the right instead of straight....
nashvillepoke
Ranch Hand

HR_Poke wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:19 pm
That HB dive is a completely different play than the previous one because the weak side tackle blocks slightly to the right instead of straight....

Don't forget that we run the HB dive out of 90 different formations and it is extremely complicated.
HR_Poke
Cowpoke

nashvillepoke wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:10 pm
HR_Poke wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:19 pm

Don't forget that we run the HB dive out of 90 different formations and it is extremely complicated.
Except for the opposing defense. Just flood the A gap 99% of the time and you can stop us.
BeachPoke
Ranch Hand

I have to say that last weekend against AF. Was my tipping point with Vegan. We are down with 4.00 to play needing to score twice. Anyone with a pulse in college football knows we need to run the hurry up or the 2 min offense. Pass to the flat or the crossing routes for 10+ yards to stop the clock. But we get run in the A gap. Which did not work at all for 50 minutes. I’m all for the run offense but it was apparent even with Bohl that that strategy was not going to work. He even admitted that before the game talking with Troy. And just to mention what the hell happened to the OL, they could not block anyone during the game especially number 99.