Year in review

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
nashvillepoke
Ranch Hand

Pros -
Another season with a non-losing record.

Defense was outstanding in spite of losing the DC and the heart of the secondary, losing Wilson will hurt but I think we have developed enough depth and talent to sustain the loss.

No blow out losses and we were within striking distance of winning almost every loss we had.

Oline was actually pretty good this year.

I didnt see very many talents gaps against any team we played, and I think we were far more talented than a couple teams we played.

Bohl and Co. Are truly developing a program which is built for long term success.

Cons -

Offensive output was well, offensive to say the least. We just arent where we need to be on the offensive side of the ball.

WRs need to be upgraded, we dont seem to have the talent at the receiver positions yet, which is kind of mind boggling.

Conclusion

I think we are definitely moving in the right direction and are building for long term success. We still have a few missing pieces but we are making people nervous when they play us.
cowpoke pride
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

I would like to finish a little higher in the division standings each year though.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Pros- Some very good RBs that are underclassmen. Hopefully next season, we won't be down to one non-injured for the second half of the season.

Behind Chambers, we have a very promising young guy in Levi Williams. A good runner AND accurate passer with power behind his throws, without blowing a hole in the receivers. I think only maybe one pass was truly off? But the others were right in the chest, or right in the player's hands.

Cons- Injuries at almost every position it seemed, with RB and O-line being hit particularly hard.
A number of play calls and time management. Quite a few times, a run up the middle, not even as a draw, on 3rd and long. Or time winding down in the game, and the offense is too busy taking their sweet time when we need at least 2 scores.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

To me this will be the "what if" year. What if we had a real offense? What if we made a few more plays? What if we didn't have like 9,000 injuries to key players?