Wyoming @ AF (-11)

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

WestWYOPoke wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:14 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:04 pm
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:38 pm We just don't have a qb that can throw ....injured or playing.
False! I didn't see one bad throw from Levi. Not a single one.
The first INT was a bad throw... should have thrown it away.
The first int was vanderwaal. Levi didn't throw a bad pass. The one pass that appeared bad to the sideline the guy was in his face and if he didn't throw it high it would have gotten swatted
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:24 pm
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:38 pm We just don't have a qb that can throw ....injured or playing.
The first int was vanderwaal. Levi didn't throw a bad pass. The one pass that appeared bad to the sideline the guy was in his face and if he didn't throw it high it would have gotten swatted
True. Although, I'd consider Levi good potential but body of work not sufficient to tell much yet. I meant more Chambers and TVW. Their inconsistency in throwing and WR drops have been the major curse on the offense, imo.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:24 pm
Good call... could have swore it was Williams.
SheepSlayer
Buckaroo

307bball wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:31 pm
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:03 pm
307bball wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:57 pm
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:17 pm
307bball wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:09 pm
Asmodeanreborn wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:37 pm
307bball wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:18 pm I believe that fans who clamour that the ONLY reason we ever struggle on offense is because Vigen sux bla bla bla, are deluding themselves.
So expecting improvements after six years is delusional? Who's responsible for our offense? The rushing totals also look decent in a vacuum. Doesn't look nearly as good when you realize for many of those games, that was also the only offense we had.
People are struggling with language today. Please refer to my actual comments and make some sort of honest effort at a conversation.

Is it not possible that there are factors affecting offensive production this year beyond Vigens ability to call a game? Look, if we had some sort of talent at WR and not had our entire stable of running backs lost for the season or playing injured, along with key o-line injuries, and the starting qb going down.... Then this would be a slam dunk. I'd be right there with all the Vigens haters (though I would refrain from personal attacks). My priority is to have a good football team. It seems like that is kind of happening.
He’s the offensive coordinator. He is in charge of the offense. If they suck, for whatever reason, it’s on him. Fine, it’s not play calling, it’s talent. Isn’t he out on the recruiting trail? Isn’t he having input on who gets offered and who doesn’t? These are his players. A lack of skill is also a reflection of his acumen.

Every team in the country has injuries. The good ones survive and move on. I think for the most part we have the “depth” to absorb some injuries. I guess kudos for that.

It boggles my mind that you Vigen Blowers always come back to things like “my priority is having a good team” or “remember where we were 6 years ago” blah blah blah as if those excuses some how justify being average at best and leaving at least three wins on the table due to poop play calling. We had the team to be 10-2 today but you honks are ok being 7-5 because “the players aren’t executing Vigen plan”. It’s crazy.
@Itsucktobeacsuram, You are making some great points that I'm pretty much in agreement with.

Nobody is "blowing" Vigen. My priority IS actually to have a good team. I assume that is yours as well. I am skepticall that any one person is responsible for leaving three wins on the table....that is reductionist thinking and creates a culture of "quick fix". Bohl needs to make a better offense happen...he's the HC. The buck does not stop with Vigen.
But we’re not good. Not in the scope of playing good quality football in all phases. We have an elite defense, quality special teams, and statistically one of the worst offenses in college football. There is one thing and one thing only holding this team back from being great and that is the offensive scheme. To say anything other is ignorance or deceit.
"good" is pretty subjective...I do think this was a good team. Reasonable people could definitely say otherwise. That is fine. I aggree that our offense is holding us back. I don't think it's as simple as remove Vigen=win. In fact I can see a world where Vigen succeeds. I'm actually seeing a a talent deficit at wide reciever that any OC would struggle with as well as a higher than average injury season (at key positions). So I can't just nod along with people that make claims that THE ONLY reason we suck on offense is Vigen. It doesn't look like Vigen will ever have a top 10 offense anytime soon but you actually can be a great team without that. Anyways...I hope you are ok with folks agreeing with you but pointing out other explanations for this teams struggles.
7-5 is mediocre, 9-3 is good. I agree that we actually are a good team, but we are a good team with a mediocre record. And no we will never have a top ten offense with bohl and we don’t need anywhere close to top ten. But top 100 should be demanded and we would be 9-3 with a top 100 offense. The offense is anemic at best throughout games but situational play calling has been horrendous and has either lost or prevented us from winning three games. Boise state calling a flea flicker from the 25 in OT. Utah St running an empty backfield jet sweep on 4th and inches against a team that gives up when they get down early. Air Force putting tvw in to throw an INT when Levi had the hot hand. We didn’t necessarily lose on those plays but they were critical plays that hurt us really bad based on poor coaching decisions.
Our WR talent is lacking, but in 6 years vigen hasn’t brought in a single quality WR recruit out of high school (hopefully the younger gentry is the first)
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

SheepSlayer wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:39 am 7-5 is mediocre, 9-3 is good. I agree that we actually are a good team, but we are a good team with a mediocre record. And no we will never have a top ten offense with bohl and we don’t need anywhere close to top ten. But top 100 should be demanded and we would be 9-3 with a top 100 offense. The offense is anemic at best throughout games but situational play calling has been horrendous and has either lost or prevented us from winning three games. Boise state calling a flea flicker from the 25 in OT. Utah St running an empty backfield jet sweep on 4th and inches against a team that gives up when they get down early. Air Force putting tvw in to throw an INT when Levi had the hot hand. We didn’t necessarily lose on those plays but they were critical plays that hurt us really bad based on poor coaching decisions.
Our WR talent is lacking, but in 6 years vigen hasn’t brought in a single quality WR recruit out of high school (hopefully the younger gentry is the first)
Not a WR and a JUCO, but Jacob Hollister was an extremely talented recruit of Bohl/Vigen. Also, I am really high on Jackson Marcotte and think he can be an extremely talented pass catching offensive piece and a potential NFLer as well.

But the point stands that the WR position has been probably the biggest limiting factor in the offense.