Wyoming opens -7

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

We should win this one, but throw everything out the window for the Border War. This one has me plenty nervous.

If we lose does that save Mike Bobo's job?
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Too much, hope that drops a couple
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

I think this game is not close....It's either going to be 23-3 Wyoming or 40-20 CSU. It all comes down to the Wyoming Defense. Can they shut the door on the Rams? I think that CSU will either be able to move the ball or they won't. Not like BSU and USU that have multi-dimensional offenses.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:58 am We should win this one, but throw everything out the window for the Border War. This one has me plenty nervous.

If we lose does that save Mike Bobo's job?
Bobos job is safe either way. This season his buyout is far to big a bite to take. Next year? Thats a whole different story.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

307bball wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:49 am I think this game is not close....It's either going to be 23-3 Wyoming or 40-20 CSU. It all comes down to the Wyoming Defense. Can they shut the door on the Rams? I think that CSU will either be able to move the ball or they won't. Not like BSU and USU that have multi-dimensional offenses.
This is going to come down our O versus their D. Which group of players can suck less than the other. Our D should keep their O in check. They may have the best WR group we'll see all year but thats it. We'll play a similar plan to the USU plan where we keep them in front of us and try to limit huge plays. Our O is going to have to outplay their D. Should be interesting.

I am more nervous for this game than I have been for most in Bohl's tenure.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

307bball wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:49 am It all comes down to the Wyoming Defense. Can they shut the door on the Rams?
O'Brien is a hell of a thrower with good fast WR's. Poke pass defense not so good. Advantage Rams. I'm not expecting a win - mostly thanks to Vigen.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

307bball wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:49 am I think this game is not close....It's either going to be 23-3 Wyoming or 40-20 CSU. It all comes down to the Wyoming Defense. Can they shut the door on the Rams? I think that CSU will either be able to move the ball or they won't. Not like BSU and USU that have multi-dimensional offenses.
The Pokes aren't getting blown out by anyone...especially CSU.

It is going to be cold and the Pokes are going to be physical on both sides of the ball. It would be nice to see Alphonso Andrews get some touches to spell X. The Pokes should be able to run the ball on them...and the more fresh bodies the better. The key is getting pressure on their QB.

Could be a close one....but I see the Pokes by at least 10.
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 14 times

Pokes won't get blown out by anyone this year. This will be another close one coming down to the wire. Every game we have lost has been a heartbreaker. We are going to squeak this one out. If not, heaven help Vigen.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Won't touch it at 7 or anything close to that
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 10 times

We've put up over 20 points on Utah State on the road and 17 at Boise. I don't think CSU has quite the defense... they give up 31.3 points per contest. That's 102 out of 130 FBS schools. I don't think scoring will be a problem, but we have to cash in. TDs in the red zone and no missed FGs!
cowpoke pride
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:14 pm
This is going to come down our O versus their D. Which group of players can suck less than the other. Our D should keep their O in check. They may have the best WR group we'll see all year but thats it. We'll play a similar plan to the USU plan where we keep them in front of us and try to limit huge plays. Our O is going to have to outplay their D. Should be interesting.

Couldn't agree more. More than a little nervous about this one.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

I think we tear right through their run defense and control TOP. I think this game looks alot like the UNLV game.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

WyoBrandX wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:29 pm I think we tear right through their run defense and control TOP. I think this game looks alot like the UNLV game.

Not a chance. They will have 9 or 10 in the box and make TVW beat them. They actually stopped Air farce's running game quite well for basically 3 quarters. UNLV is winless in the conference. csewe has the same conference record as us. We will have a very tough time scoring on them. This will probably be a low scoring game with turnovers being the difference.
CheyenneGunslinger
Ranch Hand

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:14 pm

Don't be nervous about this game. Vegas has us a -7 point favorite for a reason. We just have to play our assignments.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

WYO_Fan_inPA wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:18 am We've put up over 20 points on Utah State on the road and 17 at Boise. I don't think CSU has quite the defense... they give up 31.3 points per contest. That's 102 out of 130 FBS schools. I don't think scoring will be a problem, but we have to cash in. TDs in the red zone and no missed FGs!
To be fair, Logan Wilson was behind 7 of those 21 points we scored at Utah State, and a terrible PI call essentially gifted us another TD (and yes, Utah State were gifted points from bad PI calls as well, but that most screwed our defensive stats over, not so much the offensive).
CheyenneGunslinger
Ranch Hand

wyokoke wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:48 pm Won't touch it at 7 or anything close to that
Man, don't feel that way. Be positive.
CheyenneGunslinger
Ranch Hand

Line is still holding at -6 1/2 - 7 1/2. That makes me feel pretty good.
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 10 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:35 pm
WYO_Fan_inPA wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:18 am We've put up over 20 points on Utah State on the road and 17 at Boise. I don't think CSU has quite the defense... they give up 31.3 points per contest. That's 102 out of 130 FBS schools. I don't think scoring will be a problem, but we have to cash in. TDs in the red zone and no missed FGs!
To be fair, Logan Wilson was behind 7 of those 21 points we scored at Utah State, and a terrible PI call essentially gifted us another TD (and yes, Utah State were gifted points from bad PI calls as well, but that most screwed our defensive stats over, not so much the offensive).
Bottom line we cashed in those opportunities. We could have turned the ball over or on downs.
Who's to say that the same won't occur against CSU? Good teams take advantage, the bad ones do not.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Im always a bit more nervous when its the Border War, especially at home, Get er Done Pokes!!!
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

If TVW plays well, we win. If he plays just ok and doesn't turn it over, we still win. But if he's careless with the ball, we lose.