Levi Williams

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

Made the first Sean Chambers thread last year, so here you go
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

At this point he can’t be worse
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

He should get a shot absolutely.

I root for TVW because he has a lot of character and is a competitor. But as Laxwyo said, he is basically Nick Smith 2.0. We aren’t going to win a ton of games with his skill set and poor decision making. Let’s see what Williams has.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

Like I said in another thread, the only problem is he is being coached by the same guys that have coached all the others.

Levi won’t be any worse but until there is a change in offensive philosophy or coaching it will be the same dog and pony show. QB has talent but for some reason gets worse being coached by these guys.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

seattlecowboy wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:39 pm Like I said in another thread, the only problem is he is being coached by the same guys that have coached all the others.

Levi won’t be any worse but until there is a change in offensive philosophy or coaching it will be the same dog and pony show. QB has talent but for some reason gets worse being coached by these guys.
Sad, but true. A number of complaints I saw about Josh leading up to his draft day, was that it looked like he had never had a QB coach and thus developed a ton of bad habits. 2 years into his NFL career, and he's finally getting some of those fixed.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

seattlecowboy wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:39 pm Like I said in another thread, the only problem is he is being coached by the same guys that have coached all the others.

Chambers definitely has improved. I don’t know how you don’t see that. TVW has probably improved a tiny amount but his skill set and decision making don’t make him a good fit IMO. If Williams is more mobile and makes better decisions, we have a better chance.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:07 pm

Chambers definitely has improved. I don’t know how you don’t see that. TVW has probably improved a tiny amount but his skill set and decision making don’t make him a good fit IMO. If Williams is more mobile and makes better decisions, we have a better chance.
I think Chambers is a great runner and very athletic. Big mobile guy. But his accuracy is horrible. I think TVW throws a better ball than Chambers by quite a bit. Problem is TVW makes horrible decisions. Again all of this has the same starting point which is the offensive coaching staff.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

Levi will look like poop if he gets thrown to the wolves. That's what happens when your coaches aren't capable of putting you in a position to be successful. Even a rare talent like Josh Allen looked mediocre with this staff.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

TVW does throw a better ball, to defensive players. Chambers doesn’t need to be god, he just needs to be one increment better. All of Sean’s TDs have been wide open big plays. That’s why his YPA is so high and that’s what we need because they are selling out to attack 2 running threats. TVW finally kept the ball and has two TDs but most read options are worthless because Tyler might scamper for 12 yards on a correct read. Sean would break it open. There’s no incentive to even bother staying home for TVW. That’s why Valladays YPR is so much lower the last two games. TVW doesn’t look half bad when he tucks it and runs but man, he’s like a baby giraffe on ice skates when he scrambles
W-Y, Until I Die!
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

The problem with tvw is he looked down receivers... Without looking for defense. Not goos
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

My thing is when things start going South this coaching staff doesn't do much to try different things to see if that kickstarts something else, going to the well doesnt always work or it can go dry, CSU will be interesting, how baaaaad do weeeee waaaaant it?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

First off we would have won that game by at least two TDs if Sean played. fml. Sean would have run for 250 on those fools. No joke.

Secondly, TWV has heart and passion like I've seen in few players. I'll always appreciate how he hustled and ran that guys down after his pick and tackled him on the two. That shows he gives a crap. But it's not working out. He throws some beautiful passes followed by some questionable ones. I blame Vigen. Vigen has a special and uncommon talent for making QBs regress. Hell, like others have said, a generational talent like Josh Allen struggled mightily under his poop tutelage.

Thirdly, I think Levi deserves a chance at some point this season. Not sure when the right time to do it is, but I do think it needs to happen. I want Tyler so bad to lead us to a good ending, but I just don't see it.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

LanderPoke wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:24 am First off we would have won that game by at least two TDs if Sean played. fml. Sean would have run for 250 on those fools. No joke.

Secondly, TWV has heart and passion like I've seen in few players. I'll always appreciate how he hustled and ran that guys down after his pick and tackled him on the two. That shows he gives a crap. But it's not working out. He throws some beautiful passes followed by some questionable ones. I blame Vigen. Vigen has a special and uncommon talent for making QBs regress. Hell, like others have said, a generational talent like Josh Allen struggled mightily under his poop tutelage.

Thirdly, I think Levi deserves a chance at some point this season. Not sure when the right time to do it is, but I do think it needs to happen. I want Tyler so bad to lead us to a good ending, but I just don't see it.
TVW is a good example of how a quarterback has to be superman for the offense to succeed. He has some of the tools of a good college quarterback but he isn't nearly special enough. For this offense every single passing attempt feels like a whole adventure and it has for years. I think we take fewer easy completions than any team in college football. The only difference is that we had Josh Allen who could run back and forth in the pocket and then throw a 50 yard frozen rope to the endzone. Same for Chambers except that he can realistically break an 80 yard touchdown run. If you can't do either of these you're poop out of luck playing QB for Vigen and Bohl.
nashvillepoke
Ranch Hand

After watching some of Levi's highlight videos, I am concerned about how long his delivery takes. It is almost like he winds up before releasing the ball. But I am willing to give the kid a shot since the offense can't possibly get worse.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

Levi's stats look good. Was working and couldn't watch the game. How'd he do against the sheep?
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Levi Williams is the real deal! Poise in the pocket and very mobile. Him and Chambers on the same team is going to be a great few years!!
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:09 pm Levi Williams is the real deal! Poise in the pocket and very mobile. Him and Chambers on the same team is going to be a great few years!!
Well, I mean, an incredibly small sample size in the passing game. He threw a screen and was poised in the pocket on his ONE other throw. Was a good first impression.

Tough as nails.

Was pretty much used as a runner, like Chambers.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

BackHarlowRoad wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:13 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:09 pm Levi Williams is the real deal! Poise in the pocket and very mobile. Him and Chambers on the same team is going to be a great few years!!
Well, I mean, an incredibly small sample size in the passing game. He threw a screen and was poised in the pocket on his ONE other throw. Was a good first impression.

Tough as nails.

Was pretty much used as a runner, like Chambers.
Yea small sample size but very telling IMO. He looks to be as fast as Chambers but not quite as physical. However, on his two throws, he showed patience and didn’t throw an uncatchable missile. I might like the idea of a rotating QB system with Chambers and Williams and with a lot of QB designed runs and RPOs.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

nashvillepoke wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:31 pm I am concerned about how long his delivery takes.
And it won't get better with time unless he figures it out himself and works on it. There won't be a coach that works with him on it.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

Adv8RU12 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:25 pm
nashvillepoke wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:31 pm I am concerned about how long his delivery takes.
And it won't get better with time unless he figures it out himself and works on it. There won't be a coach that works with him on it.
Take about 5 minutes to just enjoy a win, would ya?

Goodness.