We're going to end this season at 6-6

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

And sadly, no bowl invite.

Last year' we started 2-6 and our starting QB gets injured and out for the year with 4 games left. In walks in Chambers, we win the last four games to go 6-6 but no bowl invite.

This year, we start 6-2 and then, star QB gets injured and out for the year with 4 games left. Guess what ends up happening....we start losing games. Sound familiar?

Both seasons are EXACT opposites of each other!!!

And we ALL know Bohl WON'T fire Vigen after this season. :roll:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
nashvillepoke
Ranch Hand

Yep. Complete collapse. Extremely frustrating knowing that if we had a somewhat competent offense that we could be having a historic type season.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

nashvillepoke wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:54 pm Yep. Complete collapse. Extremely frustrating knowing that if we had a somewhat competent offense that we could be having a historic type season.
We’d be sitting at worst 8-2 if we had even a mediocre offense. Probably 9-1 if not 10-0. It’s a shame. With our defense and our RBs we should not be losing these games but everything Vigen touches is failing.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

Wyokie wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:51 pm And sadly, no bowl invite.

Last year' we started 2-6 and our starting QB gets injured and out for the year with 4 games left. In walks in Chambers, we win the last four games to go 6-6 but no bowl invite.

This year, we start 6-2 and then, star QB gets injured and out for the year with 4 games left. Guess what ends up happening....we start losing games. Sound familiar?

Both seasons are EXACT opposites of each other!!!

And we ALL know Bohl WON'T fire Vigen after this season. :roll:

You need to fix the part where you say Chambers is a “star” QB.

He isn’t close to a star QB. He is below average at throwing the ball. But I agree with what you are saying. It is all on the coaches. They make every QB that plays for them worse. They even made a 1st round draft pick worse his last year here.

Something needs to be done with the offense. It completely sucks and it is all on the coaches. What is this year 6th of Bohl ball and we have been bottom of the barrel in offensive production 5 of his 6 years. He needs to change or Burman needs to force his hand.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Brown and Gold
Ranch Hand

Neither Cambers or TVW are the answer talent wise. It's going to be a long few years. Vigen tried to mix it up more today but it is still obvious that he doesn't understand how to attack other teams consistently and he certainly struggles with in game situations. Much of our success on offense comes from broken plays. Not all but many. I love Wyoming sports but it is becoming more frustrating to watch the same struggle over and over each year. Crazy what could have been this year and instead, now, I don't even feel like watching.
Brown and Gold
Ranch Hand

Neither Cambers or TVW are the answer talent wise. It's going to be a long few years. Vigen tried to mix it up more today but it is still obvious that he doesn't understand how to attack other teams consistently and he certainly struggles with in game situations. Much of our success on offense comes from broken plays. Not all but many. I love Wyoming sports but it is becoming more frustrating to watch the same struggle over and over each year. Crazy what could have been this year and instead, now, I don't even feel like watching.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

You can say that again.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 12 times

Pressure is starting to get to Bohl regarding the offense...
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

PokeTransplant wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:55 pm Pressure is starting to get to Bohl regarding the offense...

Good. I hope he starts feeling a lot more pressure.

He makes over a million a year, he needs to figure it out.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Brown and Gold
Ranch Hand

7-5 and 6-6 is the goal! We good.....
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Good maybe some things are slowly starting to be realized by Craig and he might do something about it instead of talking about it. The CSU game, ANYTHING can happen, but dont be surprised how 6-2 can turn to 6-6 in a big hurry, and who would want to take a 500 Wyoming team that may drop its last 4, if we get 7 dont expect it to be a great bowl as who wants to see us on smurf turf again. We'll see how bad Wyo wants to Beeet the Sheeeep, I know its at night but if u can make it to the War Friday please do, this team can use all the help it can get
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 21 times

I think we have a good chance to beat the sheep at home if Valladay gets it going and the defense plays well. That's a big if though. I actually feel good about AF too, but that's just because of our rush defense. If the offense doesn't pick it up though, we could easily lose both.

That being said, now that the MW Championship is well beyond our reach, I almost want this seasons conclusion to force Bohls hand in terms of offensive change. In the long term, that's what needs to happen for us to get where we want to be. And I'm afraid If we win 8 games and go to a bowl Bohl will stick with Vigen.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

PokeTransplant wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:55 pm Pressure is starting to get to Bohl regarding the offense...
Bohl getting all pissy about reporters asking him questions that he should be asking himself. If he doesn't like this poop show of an offense, he's the one in charge. It all starts at the top, so if he isn't happy he can certainly make the changes necessary to take this to the next level. If not, and he stays with his buddy, he can expect to be nothing more than Joe Glenn 2.0.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Wyoming will beat CSU and I absolutely believe this. I watched the CSU-Air Force game and Wyoming is the better team plain and simple. Wyoming is also 5-0 at home and 1-4 on the road with all 4 losses coming down to the final seconds. With Sean Chambers, no question in my mind that Wyoming beats USU and Boise.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:43 am Wyoming will beat CSU and I absolutely believe this. I watched the CSU-Air Force game and Wyoming is the better team plain and simple. Wyoming is also 5-0 at home and 1-4 on the road with all 4 losses coming down to the final seconds. With Sean Chambers, no question in my mind that Wyoming beats USU and Boise.
I'm not convinced the Pokes can beat CSU. O'Brien can flat out pass and he's got some big receivers that can catch (he hung 347 yards through the air on AFA). They have no running game which will force them to pass against Wyoming and pass defense isn't exactly our strong suit. AFA ran for only 227 yards against them (they average 314 yards per game). So, the question will be - does TVW get some completions and stay away from the interceptions. If so, Wyoming has a chance. If not, then the pressure will be on X to carry the ball for 200+ yards and I don't see that happening. It will be a close game, but I don't have a great feeling about it.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

I think we have a greater than 50% chance of winning the last two...

However, lmao at Bohl for getting all pissy about the offense. I hope every question from now til the end of the season is "why is the offense under performing?". Maybe he'll finally get the idea that we're sick of this crap. We SHOULD be undefeated right now and in the top 15. Vigen and his playcalling/offense has cost this program dearly. And if Bohl doesn't have the balls to do something then shame on him and he's not the man I though he was. If he doesn't make a change it shows that his top allegiance is to some underwhelming guy rather than to the state, university and most importantly the players, the men that are on that team playing their butts off each week.
HR_Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Don't like the question then fix the offense! Sports reporters should have been hammering them on the offense all year in stead of the chicken poop interviews they do because they fear losing their access.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

HR_Poke wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:12 am
Don't like the question then fix the offense! Sports reporters should have been hammering them on the offense all year in stead of the chicken poop interviews they do because they fear losing their access.
I do not understand the kid glove with which the sports media in Wyoming puts on when talking to Bohl. Everyone is terrified to call a spade a spade and wants to change the subject or sugar coat the truth.

And I agree, you don't like the question coach, maybe don't have a bottom 10 offense in college football.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Obviously some frustration coming out there but Bohl has to expect these questions to be asked after a performance like that. Definitely questionable calls in the game but that's not what ultimately lost the game for us. Bohl can clearly see how much our offense is struggling.

The play calling at times is very suspect and is not setting up well for a favorable down and distance to sustain drives.
I'm good for 3!
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Brown and Gold wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:52 pm Neither Cambers or TVW are the answer talent wise. It's going to be a long few years. Vigen tried to mix it up more today but it is still obvious that he doesn't understand how to attack other teams consistently and he certainly struggles with in game situations. Much of our success on offense comes from broken plays. Not all but many. I love Wyoming sports but it is becoming more frustrating to watch the same struggle over and over each year. Crazy what could have been this year and instead, now, I don't even feel like watching.
Serious? A 10-2 freshman QB isn't the answer?

The problem is too many fans are fixated on the offense, when the offense is just fine for the most part. Bohl likes a power run offense. He likes to control to clock by substaining drives. His offenses aren't going to all the sudden start to be air attack offenses.

Personally, I love the smash mouth. The the problem has been a rash of injuries that has us playing with basically a 2nd string Oline, a 2nd string QB (first string is 10-2, but not good enough apparently), one decent running back (lost two and three on the depth chart). With all this, the Pokes are bowl eligible. Stand 6-4. Those 4 losses, all on the road, all against a favored opponenet, were by a combined 15 points.

Stand back and take a long look. Aside from receiver and one TE, we return the entire offense and get some weapons back. That 10-2 (but not good enough QB) will be a sophomore. The running backs will be very young, but experienced with X and Swen (I think Andrews and McNealy will be good too). And, we get all those favored teams in Laramie (hint...they won't be favored next year).

This is a season of what could have been....but still can/will turn out to be better than expected. Next few years are lining up to be special.

Go Pokes!!