Vigen has to go

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
SheepSlayer
Buckaroo

No more excuses. No exceptions. We’re losing too many winnable games that our defense has played exceptional in. If Bohl won’t do it then burman has to. We would be a great team if we had a bad offense. Unfortunately we are so much worse than bad. It’s time to part ways with the worst offensive coordinator in college football
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

Sadly Bohl won't fire him. They're good buddies.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

Wyokie wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:59 pm Sadly Bohl won't fire him. They're good buddies.
Honestly, it's the state of healthcare. Do you know how much it would cost to get Vigen's mouth surgically removed from Bohl's asshole? UW can't afford that.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

He’s so bad. If we had even a mediocre offense we’d be 9-1 if not 10-0. It’s insane that Bohl is fine with giving away as many games as he has with Vigen poop spineless play calling. I have never, in my 34 years seen a team give away so many possessions with poop, lazy, gutless play calling. We have got to be the best team in the country in 3 and outs on awful play calling. I can live with young players making mistakes. Vander Waal will learn from that INT. What I can’t forgive is TVW being in that situation because Vigen took most the 3rd quarter off and phoned in his play calls. It’s so frustrating to watch a team with so much potential find ways to lose at the hands of play calling and then have to hear the coaches get short with with media fans when questioned about those calls. Something has to change. They’re a gonna be pandemonium if Vigenball costs us the game next week.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

+1. That bum has cost us too many games. So sick of his offense. Our state and university deserves better. He's holding us back.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

Yesterday should explain why the play calling is so vanilla. Vigen didn't run backwards 20 yards and then fumble. Vigen didn't throw the ball so hard that it was uncatchable by anyone who didn't want a broken hand(s). Isn't 3 picks and a fumble enough? Those who thought Chambers was inaccurate are now learning the real meaning of the word. TVW is not only inaccurate, he can't throw the ball with any touch so receivers can run under it. Every pass is a bullet. Blame it on the coaching for not teaching the position better. But at least understand that TVW is a turnover machine waiting to happen. He's had 10 starts. We are 2-8 in those starts. He's not going to magically improve. Giving him even more pass attempts is not the answer.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

So why are our quarterbacks so consistently terrible at throwing the ball and making poor decisions like that? That includes Josh...

All our recent QBs have been able to throw the ball just fine until they've come here, and we now have a freshman waiting who had insane stats in Texas. I bet he's going to come out guns blazing and then forget how to throw the ball as well after being "coached" for a while.
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

Imagine if Bohl had made the correct decision to get rid of both coordinators after his second season when it was clear they were both not equipped to be d1 coordinators.

First year still would have been 4-8.

Second year still would have been 2-10.

3rd year with both new coordinators the defense would have been much better as we immediately saw with the same players the following year. That alone probably wins us the mw but we also would have still had the 6 NFL players on offense and instead of barely cracking the top half of offenses maybe we are even better. My bet is instead of 8-6 with multiple blowout losses we would have instead have been something like 10-2 with a mw championship.

4th year defense would still have been as good as it was but instead of offense being in the bottom of college football maybe we have an ok offense that regressed some with the losses of players but not to the very worst. Josh Allen also probably develops better winning us a few more games. Probably something like at 8 or 9 win season.

5th year probably looks similar due to freshman QBs but being the 3rd year under new coordinator maybe the playcalling is much better and the wide receivers have developed more due to the better play calling, again winning one or two more games last year than what we did.

Finally in the 6th year we are probably sitting undefeated with better play calling looking at a second Mountain West championship and the Cotton bowl. Instead we are looking at 7-5 or 6-6 with a crappy bowl or No bowl and hoping that bohl makes the decision that he should have made after the second year.

if he doesn't make the offensive coordinator change this year we better win the Mountain West championship next year with Boise State, San Diego State, Utah State, and air Force all at home. Next year to me is probably the year bohl goes down with vigen if he were not to make a change and doesn't win the mw in his 7th year with such a perfect home slate of games. But even if he doesn't "I'm ok with mediocrity" burman I'm sure will ride this 6
or more lossess a year streak for another 3 to 4 years with Bohl because that one year we tied for the division and loss the championship game and that was enough for burman to not make a change for 10 years even though we still lost six games that year
Last edited by WyomingAg on Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:10 am, edited 4 times in total.
SheepSlayer
Buckaroo

Yes VanderWaal makes mistakes as most young QBs do. And yes he absolutely needs to have better decision making. But his salary is a grand total of $0. Vigen’s is slightly more than that and yet he calls an empty backfield jet sweep on 4th and a half yard from the 2 yard line, a screen pass from our own five yard line that almost gave them a safety, and a flea flicker in basically the red zone. Those are just a few glaring examples of his total lack of situational awareness. I’m a full believer in a ground and pound offense with tough defense, but those that do it well still know how to pick up a first down and don’t run trick plays on short yardage situations.
brownngold
Buckaroo

You all need to relax, maybe for a refresher go read up on all the injuries this offense has suffered this year.

Hell the line is basically 2nd string at this point
We are down to 1 TE

Validay is the only RB left and I don't beleive.he has been 100% all year, remember Tre smith yeah he's hurt

Our senior WR had to retire from football

And last but not least the center piece.of the offense Chambers is out for the year

Now come up with a better game plan

Vigen is Bohl he is running th offense the way Bohl wants, like it or leave it

Or I guess run the best coach we've had since Tiller out of town ironically like we did Tiller
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

brownngold wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:22 am

Or I guess run the best coach we've had since Tiller out of town ironically like we did Tiller
Spot on. This appears what the majority wants even if they don[t say that directly. By micromanaging and dictating to Bohl who is personnel is, you might as well tell Bohl to start looking for a new job. Because I sure as well would be if I were him and being micromanaged and told how I was to run my program.

Once they run off Bohl, then we can suck for another 20 years and run through 3-4 more head coaches until we catch lightning in a bottle again and find a coach that can succeed in Laramie.
brownngold
Buckaroo

Now its Sunday

Watch some actual Pokes in the pros

Who were brought here by Bohl and Vigen

Yes actual NFL talent in Laramie.

Calm down this year didn't go as intended, yes even for the staff. Injuries add up

But the talent is there to compete for championships
Yes compete like maybe losing a game by a possession here or there.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Beat CSU and all is forgiven (for now). But I doubt it will happen with O'Brien's passing ability (and TVW's passing ability).
SheepSlayer
Buckaroo

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:37 am
brownngold wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:22 am

Spot on. This appears what the majority wants even if they don[t say that directly. By micromanaging and dictating to Bohl who is personnel is, you might as well tell Bohl to start looking for a new job. Because I sure as well would be if I were him and being micromanaged and told how I was to run my program.

Once they run off Bohl, then we can suck for another 20 years and run through 3-4 more head coaches until we catch lightning in a bottle again and find a coach that can succeed in Laramie.
Quite the opposite, I agree that bohl is a great coach that we are lucky to have. The part that upsets me is bohl has built this program to be a 10 win team if we had halfway mediocre offensive play calling. Yes we have been hurt and yet we still are a few terrible play calls away from being 8-2 or so. Injuries don’t excuse the specific play calls I mentioned earlier
jessejames02
Ranch Hand

52-56
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

If anyone thinks this offensive production is fine, they have their head in the sand. 5 of 6 years has been terrible offense by every measurable stat, and yes that includes beating a bunch of sub100 teams.

If you think Bohl should go or be dictated to, you have your head in the sand. He's standing up for his staff in the pressers. He's a great fit for WYO and likely knows this is unacceptable. He chooses to address it behind closed doors. Let's see what offseasons adjustments are made.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

SheepSlayer wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:05 am Yes VanderWaal makes mistakes as most young QBs do. And yes he absolutely needs to have better decision making. But his salary is a grand total of $0. Vigen’s is slightly more than that and yet he calls an empty backfield jet sweep on 4th and a half yard from the 2 yard line, a screen pass from our own five yard line that almost gave them a safety, and a flea flicker in basically the red zone. Those are just a few glaring examples of his total lack of situational awareness. I’m a full believer in a ground and pound offense with tough defense, but those that do it well still know how to pick up a first down and don’t run trick plays on short yardage situations.
Young? He's had 10 starts over 2 years and played significant minutes in the Tulsa and Nevada games. It's not just his decision making, he can't throw an accurate pass and most of his passes are thrown like a Nolan Ryan fastball. And in defense of the playcalling, we were not going to get that yard going up the middle. I would agree about the flea flicker and the screen pass. But it wasn't play calling that lost the game yesterday, it was execution. I do agree that TWV's salary is 0. I don't want to lay it all on the kid. But he is backup for a reason. Start the true freshman this week.
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

brownngold wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:22 am You all need to relax, maybe for a refresher go read up on all the injuries this offense has suffered this year.

We are down to 1 TE

Validay is the only RB left and I don't beleive.he has been 100% all year, remember Tre smith yeah he's hurt

And last but not least the center piece.of the offense Chambers is out for the year

Every team has injuries. Both Boise and Utah State are down starting QBs as well and both beat us and now are playing for the division while we still hope to just get a bowl game. Every year the injury excuse rises. Every year we have injuries and that's going to continue. We have to stop losing 6 or more games a year even with the injuries to ever get out of being just an "ok" team. Accepting this offense which has been horrible every year is why we lose 6 games or more a year. Have the same offense scheme and plan but get a coach to call the plays better and develop quarterbacks and we will stop being a .500 team every year.

Remember on our 8-6 year when we lost the mw championship and everyone said on defense it wasn't the coaches fault we just didn't have the players. Then we replace the coach and the same players have a top 25 defense the following year.

Just like this year and last year on offense. Earlier this year it was vigen can't call a pass because we have no one that can catch a ball. Now magically we have recievers and te's that can catch even with all the injuries. I guess it was just simply he didn't call pass plays, not that he couldn't because of recievers.

Somehow I'm willing to bet our players can play better that they are given they are out in a position to win
But so many are willing to except having an offense in the bottom 10% is as good as we can ever expect.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

brownngold wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:22 am You all need to relax, maybe for a refresher go read up on all the injuries this offense has suffered this year.

We are down to 1 TE

Not sure if you are related to Vigen or Bohl. Don’t really care. But as said above every team has injuries.

This is just a bunch of excuses you posted. Losers make excuses. Winners get the job done. If Bohl can’t handle it then he can leave. He needs to get rid of Vigen. End of story.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Wicks
Blog Team
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Wyoming&#39;s Offensive FBS Rankings Points/Total Offense:<br><br>2014 - 110/84<br>2015- 115/100<br>2016- 25/48<br>2017- 104/126<br>2018- 119/119<br>2019- 78/105 <br><br>Interpret this how you wish</p>&mdash; WyoNation Blog (@WyoNationBlog) <a href=" 17, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>