Vigen has to go

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

For the record, if bohl said Vigen was replaced, I’d be like “cool“
W-Y, Until I Die!
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:37 am
brownngold wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:22 am

Or I guess run the best coach we've had since Tiller out of town ironically like we did Tiller
Spot on. This appears what the majority wants even if they don[t say that directly. By micromanaging and dictating to Bohl who is personnel is, you might as well tell Bohl to start looking for a new job. Because I sure as well would be if I were him and being micromanaged and told how I was to run my program.

Once they run off Bohl, then we can suck for another 20 years and run through 3-4 more head coaches until we catch lightning in a bottle again and find a coach that can succeed in Laramie.
Rehashing this quote because of what is going on in San Diego today.

Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Wow. Rocky has always seemed like one stubborn SOB in my opinion. But good for him for standing up for what he believes and running the program his way.

SUDS coming back full circle with Brady Hoke taking over as HC.
I'm good for 3!
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Were gonna go down this road? Telling the highest paid state employee that one facet of his job is GROSSLY under-performing is not, (now louder for those in the back) NOT micromanaging. If Bohl will be so offended to be held to the standard he touted upon his hiring than he should leave. No one individual is above the program.

And parading around the failings of another institution does nothing to strengthen the argument that Bohl is above reproach and is immune from criticism.
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

Rocky Long is 81-38 at SDSU with 3 conference titles. I think he has a bit more credibility than Bohl does if we’re making that comparison.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

BuT tHe ViGeN tHiNg Is DiFfErENT
W-Y, Until I Die!
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:18 pm Were gonna go down this road? Telling the highest paid state employee that one facet of his job is GROSSLY under-performing is not, (now louder for those in the back) NOT micromanaging. If Bohl will be so offended to be held to the standard he touted upon his hiring than he should leave. No one individual is above the program.

And parading around the failings of another institution does nothing to strengthen the argument that Bohl is above reproach and is immune from criticism.
We're definitely going down this road, because it is a direct correlation. SDSU fans have sounded almost exactly like us the past two years. They've been bitching about their offense being terribad, and calling for Long to get a new OC. The AD at SDSU reportedly put pressure on Long to do so, and Long said, "Nah, see ya." That is EXACTLY what would happen if Burman were to tell Bohl to get rid of Vigen.

To your point, Burman and Bohl having a conversation about the offense under-performing is not the same thing. Talking through how to improve is not the same as "do what I tell you to do".
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

WYO1016 wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:41 pm
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:18 pm Were gonna go down this road? Telling the highest paid state employee that one facet of his job is GROSSLY under-performing is not, (now louder for those in the back) NOT micromanaging. If Bohl will be so offended to be held to the standard he touted upon his hiring than he should leave. No one individual is above the program.

We're definitely going down this road, because it is a direct correlation. SDSU fans have sounded almost exactly like us the past two years. They've been bitching about their offense being terribad, and calling for Long to get a new OC. The AD at SDSU reportedly put pressure on Long to do so, and Long said, "Nah, see ya." That is EXACTLY what would happen if Burman were to tell Bohl to get rid of Vigen.

To your point, Burman and Bohl having a conversation about the offense under-performing is not the same thing. Talking through how to improve is not the same as "do what I tell you to do".
Has there been a single indication burman has said anything of the sort?
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

laxwyo wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:34 pm BuT tHe ViGeN tHiNg Is DiFfErENT
You’re right. Vigen is awful and holding us back. Rocky actually had success.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Telling the boss who to hire and fire is the very definition of micro-management. Sorry you don’t understand that.

You know what - we ought to fire Bohl, get rid of the head coach position all together and appoint a ‘hiring committee’ to make all of the coaching decisions. In fact, we should put ‘itsuckstombeacsuram’ on the committee. Can’t wait to suck for another 2 decades.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 115 times

Like I've said all along, you never dictate to a college coach what they have to do in regards to staff.

You handle it exactly like Joe Glenn. If they are too loyal to a bad coordinator or position coach, the program will ultimately fail. You move on to the next dancing chicken.

If they are correct and the coordinator improves, it's a non-issue.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy

Bohl makes his choices and the AD really shouldn’t have anything to do with it other than writing checks. That being said let’s not compare the two one has won three conference championships the other has won a potato bowl as his most significant program win. What is SDSU thinking?

Also, Bohl is not comparable to the Joe Tiller situation. Joe won a championship, had a top 25 team, a 10 win season, and a hard conference. Don’t run off Bohl, but we aren’t exactly repeating history ( Bohl is getting paid well for his level of success).
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:20 pm

Telling the boss who to hire and fire is the very definition of micro-management. Sorry you don’t understand that.

You know what - we ought to fire Bohl, get rid of the head coach position all together and appoint a ‘hiring committee’ to make all of the coaching decisions. In fact, we should put ‘itsuckstombeacsuram’ on the committee. Can’t wait to suck for another 2 decades.
Yeah.... Thats what I said.......
Expat_Poke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 3 times

marcuswyo wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:49 pm Bohl makes his choices and the AD really shouldn’t have anything to do with it other than writing checks. That being said let’s not compare the two one has won three conference championships the other has won a potato bowl as his most significant program win. What is SDSU thinking?

Also, Bohl is not comparable to the Joe Tiller situation. Joe won a championship, had a top 25 team, a 10 win season, and a hard conference. Don’t run off Bohl, but we aren’t exactly repeating history ( Bohl is getting paid well for his level of success).
I don't want to sound like I am dissing Tiller, because I am not, but lets make sure we aren't putting on nostaglia coated glasses. Tiller had two good years (1993, 1996), a couple number of 0.500 or slightly better seasons (94, 95), and a couple of tough years (91, 92). In all honesty where we are at now is somewhat comparable to where we were in 93-96. Also given that Joe took over from Roach after a 9-4 team in a much better spot than what Bohl did after DC I think they are comparable coaches. (Edit also while the 1996 WAC may have been somewhat better than the 2019 MWC I wouldn't say by a huge margin. Yeah 1996 BYU was most likely better than 2019 Boise St and 1996 Wyoming was likely better than 2019 AFA but this was not the MWC with tough Utah, BYU, TCU.)

Here is what I know, this year was the first year we were competitive in every single game we played. When was the last time that happened? Answer is 1996 before that 1987. I am thinking Bohl is pretty close to turning a corner with this program and the biggest reason for that has been the improvement on the line play. 2019 came very close to being a pretty damn good year, and for me 2020 is going to be a make or break year. Listening to Bohl he is not happy with where the passing game is, and I doubt Vigen, Chambers, Williams, and the receiving corps are as well. I think they will look at it and I think they will work hard at addressing it. When you are that close, axing the OC when we aren't involved in all the meetings, coaching, planning I guess I am not so quick to change horses right now. I could be wrong, I could be too cautious, but Bohl has brought us the best football we have had in Laramie since 1996. 1996 that is 20 years, I am willing to give him some benefit of the doubt and trust him with the program.
Returned from my 4 year exodus in Greenieville
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy

I agree with what you got to say Expat.
WyoExpat
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

marcuswyo wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:49 pm Bohl makes his choices and the AD really shouldn’t have anything to do with it other than writing checks. That being said let’s not compare the two one has won three conference championships the other has won a potato bowl as his most significant program win. What is SDSU thinking?

To be completely fair, I don't recall Coach Tiller winning any conference championships. We did win a Division championship under both Tiller and Bohl.

We did stay in the Top 25 for a few weeks under Tiller. We have lurked just outside the Top 25 under Bohl but never got in.

I don't recall any wins under Tiller that were as good as beating Missouri of the SEC. The loss to Nebraska in their National Championship year was the best showing against the big time that Tillers teams pulled off.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

Expat_Poke wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:14 pm

I don't want to sound like I am dissing Tiller, because I am not, but lets make sure we aren't putting on nostaglia coated glasses. Tiller had two good years (1993, 1996), a couple number of 0.500 or slightly better seasons (94, 95), and a couple of tough years (91, 92). In all honesty where we are at now is somewhat comparable to where we were in 93-96. Also given that Joe took over from Roach after a 9-4 team in a much better spot than what Bohl did after DC I think they are comparable coaches. (Edit also while the 1996 WAC may have been somewhat better than the 2019 MWC I wouldn't say by a huge margin. Yeah 1996 BYU was most likely better than 2019 Boise St and 1996 Wyoming was likely better than 2019 AFA but this was not the MWC with tough Utah, BYU, TCU.)

Here is what I know, this year was the first year we were competitive in every single game we played. When was the last time that happened? Answer is 1996 before that 1987. I am thinking Bohl is pretty close to turning a corner with this program and the biggest reason for that has been the improvement on the line play. 2019 came very close to being a pretty damn good year, and for me 2020 is going to be a make or break year. Listening to Bohl he is not happy with where the passing game is, and I doubt Vigen, Chambers, Williams, and the receiving corps are as well. I think they will look at it and I think they will work hard at addressing it. When you are that close, axing the OC when we aren't involved in all the meetings, coaching, planning I guess I am not so quick to change horses right now. I could be wrong, I could be too cautious, but Bohl has brought us the best football we have had in Laramie since 1996. 1996 that is 20 years, I am willing to give him some benefit of the doubt and trust him with the program.
Most sane thing I've seen on this board....and I include my own comments.
Bohl has brought us the best football we have had in Laramie since 1996.
Drop the mic!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

We could have been an 11-win team with a real offense!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

307bball wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:54 pm
Expat_Poke wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:14 pm

Most sane thing I've seen on this board....and I include my own comments.
Bohl has brought us the best football we have had in Laramie since 1996.
Drop the mic!
For sure. 96’ we beat Iowa state and didn’t have to play Utah or BYU during the regular season. I’d compare it to playing in the West Division right now.
W-Y, Until I Die!
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy

Tiller won ( shared a title) the conference in 93. Wyoming shared it with Fresno and BYU, but Fresno beat BYU and Wyoming beat Fresno. Somewhat similar to the 2016 co-division title with New Mexico and Boise.