Vigen has to go

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:45 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:36 pm
wyokoke wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:10 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:06 pm No one wants Bohl gone. We want him to change up the offense. Geez
It is BOHL'S offense. HIS philosophy. When the offense changes its because the head coach changes.
Well he needs to adapt. Good coaches change and adapt. Why can't Bohl? He's made plenty of personnel changes and they've always been positive
Oredigger, did we completely change defensive schemes or just coordinators when the d was getting toasted?
Bohl made the personnel call himself and brought in someone that he thought would be a better fit with his philosophy. It also helped that we had the emergence of a wealth of defensive talent: Granderson, Epps, Wingard, Wilson, Ghaifan, Hall, etc.. Defensive personnel that Bohl and staff recruited.

If Bohl feels that there is another offensive coordinator out there that fits his philosophy better he probably already would have made that call. It should be Bohl's team, Bohl's philosophy and Bohl's personnel decisions. All of this pressure to 'fire vigen' is absolutely pressure to run Bohl out of town like it or not.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:55 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:06 pm No one wants Bohl gone. We want him to change up the offense. Geez
It is BOHL'S offense. HIS philosophy. When the offense changes its because the head coach changes.
Well he needs to adapt. Good coaches change and adapt. Why can't Bohl? He's made plenty of personnel changes and they've always been positive
Oredigger, did we completely change defensive schemes or just coordinators when the d was getting toasted?
Bohl made the personnel call himself and brought in someone that he thought would be a better fit with his philosophy. It also helped that we had the emergence of a wealth of defensive talent: Granderson, Epps, Wingard, Wilson, Ghaifan, Hall, etc.. Defensive personnel that Bohl and staff recruited.

If Bohl feels that there is another offensive coordinator out there that fits his philosophy better he probably already would have made that call. It should be Bohl's team, Bohl's philosophy and Bohl's personnel decisions. All of this pressure to 'fire vigen' is absolutely pressure to run Bohl out of town like it or not.
NOBODY IS ASKING FOR CHANGE OF PHILOSOPHY FROM PRO-STYLE!!!!!
Just like nobody asked for switch from philosophy on D, just a change from Stanard.
Interesting that you put all blame on 5 years of poor O on various players and none on the OC. Literally one of the worst offenses in productivity and bottom half of ball control.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
brownngold
Buckaroo

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:10 pm

Just like nobody asked for switch from philosophy on D, just a change from Stanard.
Interesting that you put all blame on 5 years of poor O on various players and none on the OC. Literally one of the worst offenses in productivity and bottom half of ball control.
No he said let Bohl make that decision on his own if he sees fit. Stop pushing the issue

I'm starting to wonder if this is how New Mexico fans felt when they ran Rocky Long out of town

Here's to our next Locksley may ther wife be just as hot
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Where did you get any of that from my response? I said nothing of the sort. I said Bohl makes the personnel decisions and if he felt that the offense was not upholding his philosophy or to his approval, he likely would have already made a change.

Frankly, I never even said the offense was poor. And you take that one step further to state that I said our poor offense was the player's fault when I said nothing about the offensive players at all?!? The offense could be dead last in yards and points per game for all I care as long as the team is winning football games. The offense being run is Bohl's philosophy plain and simple.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

brownngold wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:23 pm

No he said let Bohl make that decision on his own if he sees fit. Stop pushing the issue

I'm starting to wonder if this is how New Mexico fans felt when they ran Rocky Long out of town

Here's to our next Locksley may ther wife be just as hot
:cry: :cry: :lol:

You hit the nail on the head. I don't know whether to laugh or to cry but the whole UNM running Rocky out of town is exactly what comes to mind when I see the reaction of our fan base to Bohl's offensive philosophy.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

Oredigger, ok, I get it now and we just disagree. You think the O is fine against some of the worst defenses WYO has ever faced. I think the O needs a lot of improvement to beat teams with a pulse.

Agree to disagree.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
brownngold
Buckaroo

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:40 pm Oredigger, ok, I get it now and we just disagree. You think the O is fine against some of the worst defenses WYO has ever faced. I think the O needs a lot of improvement to beat teams with a pulse.

Agree to disagree.
No one has said the offense is just fine.
They are just saying let the dude with Tom Osborne in his speed dial make the decision on if the OC is up to snuff
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

brownngold wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:44 pm
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:40 pm Oredigger, ok, I get it now and we just disagree. You think the O is fine against some of the worst defenses WYO has ever faced. I think the O needs a lot of improvement to beat teams with a pulse.

Agree to disagree.
They are just saying let the dude with Tom Osborne in his speed dial make the decision on if the OC is up to snuff
Bingo. Not sure why ragtime struggles so much understanding that is my belief because I don’t want to run Bohl off like micromanaging inevitably will accomplish.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:49 pm

Agree to disagree.
Bingo. Not sure why ragtime struggles so much understanding that is my belief because I don’t want to run Bohl off like micromanaging inevitably will accomplish.
? Um it's a message board to discuss WYO football. Same conversations were had about Stanard... how'd that turn out.
You make the assumption Bohl has to have Vigen. Do you talk to Bohl and know that or just your opinion?... you know opinion. Like everyone else is expressing.
brownngold
Buckaroo

Agree to disagree.
If Vigen is fired tomorrow I don't care, just let Bohl make that decision on his own he has earned that right. Maybe no here but through his tenure
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:54 pm

Agree to disagree.
? Um it's a message board to discuss WYO football. Same conversations were had about Stanard... how'd that turn out.
You make the assumption Bohl has to have Vigen. Do you talk to Bohl and know that or just your opinion?... you know opinion. Like everyone else is expressing.
I don’t talk to Bohl very often. But I’ve been involved with many companies and I know how micromanaging turns out. I also was around when Tiller was ran out of town under similar fan reactions and circumstances.

Bohl has proven he knows how to build a successful football program at Wyoming with his philosophy. If the fan base, boosters and ultimately administration continue to criticize his methods and personnel decisions he is as good as gone. And as brownandgold so eloquently puts it, hopefully the next coach has a really hot wife like Locksley because the football program itself is likely to suck.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:01 pm

Agree to disagree.
I don’t talk to Bohl very often. But I’ve been involved with many companies and I know how micromanaging turns out. I also was around when Tiller was ran out of town under similar fan reactions and circumstances.

Bohl has proven he knows how to build a successful football program at Wyoming with his philosophy. If the fan base, boosters and ultimately administration continue to criticize his methods and personnel decisions he is as good as gone. And as brownandgold so eloquently puts it, hopefully the next coach has a really hot wife like Locksley because the football program itself is likely to suck.
Really? A FBS coach reads message boards and bases his employment decision on that? You didn't answer the question, you think the offense is fine? Do you have first hand knowledge that Bohl has to have Vigen or is that your opinion?
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:06 pm

Agree to disagree.

Really? A FBS coach reads message boards and bases his employment decision on that? You didn't answer the question, you think the offense is fine? Do you have first hand knowledge that Bohl has to have Vigen or is that your opinion?
It’s not just coming from this message board. There is a group of booster and other sources spewing the same micromanaging crap that is coming from here.

We have been competitive in every game this year with a young team and a freshman QB so yea the football program is fine and looks to built for sustained success.

We all know damn well that outside of 2016, the offense has statistically not been producing points and yards. If Bohl thought Vigen was holding the team back or a problem, he probably would have made a change already. Period. And perhaps maybe he still will... but all this ‘fire vigen’ crap is nothing more than saying ‘Bohl doesn’t know what he is doing with offensive hires and we need to tell him how to run the team because we know better than him.’
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:12 pm

Agree to disagree.

It’s not just coming from this message board. There is a group of booster and other sources spewing the same micromanaging crap that is coming from here.

We have been competitive in every game this year with a young team and a freshman QB so yea the football program is fine and looks to built for sustained success.

We all know damn well that outside of 2016, the offense has statistically not been producing points and yards. If Bohl thought Vigen was holding the team back or a problem, he probably would have made a change already. Period. And perhaps maybe he still will... but all this ‘fire vigen’ crap is nothing more than saying ‘Bohl doesn’t know what he is doing with offensive hires and we need to tell him how to run the team because we know better than him.’
Or it's like the fire Stanard crap...just sayin.
For the record, I oppose micromanaging Bohl and fully agree its his decision. My opinion is that sticking with Vigen is the wrong one.
brownngold
Buckaroo

Ragtime let's just stick to this thread I replied in your other that yes the offense has issues, is it Vigen is it players, or execution I don't know.

I just don't want to be in front of the mob running Bohl out of town. And yes that is what we are doing here this is not Stanard who was a stop gap if anything.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 61 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:17 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:12 pm

Agree to disagree.

Or it's like the fire Stanard crap...just sayin.
For the record, I oppose micromanaging Bohl and fully agree its his decision. My opinion is that sticking with Vigen is the wrong one.
The issue is the palaver surrounding this topic after back to back road losses against good teams. Honestly, I felt worse about the team after the Idaho game than I do now.
SheepSlayer
Buckaroo

Not a single person wants bohl or bohl’s offensive philosophy gone. If bohl would rather leave than fire vigen then I’d still keep bohl. We’re all just saying these players and especially this defense deserves better. An offense that was around 80th in the country instead of 110 would take us some pretty incredible places. But we can definitely all agree that bohl’s program, even with such horrendous situational play-calling, is still a huge improvement over our previous head coach. Which I am very glad we ran out of town.
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

Agree to disagree.
How are we going to run Bohl off? He has essentially as close to a lifetime deal in CFB as possible, and is paid rather handsomely (highest in the conference this year with retention bonus). For better or worse we’re tied together for a long time, unless he actually becomes good enough to get a better job, which to date he hasn’t been. But you think if he becomes good enough to get a Big 10 job he would maybe turn that down if we were all a little nicer to him???? Please.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

calpoke25 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:35 am
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:40 pm

How are we going to run Bohl off? He has essentially as close to a lifetime deal in CFB as possible, and is paid rather handsomely (highest in the conference this year with retention bonus). For better or worse we’re tied together for a long time, unless he actually becomes good enough to get a better job, which to date he hasn’t been. But you think if he becomes good enough to get a Big 10 job he would maybe turn that down if we were all a little nicer to him???? Please.
He'll be fourth highest next year. It's not like he's the most expensive. Just throwing that out there
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

calpoke25 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:35 am

Agree to disagree.
His salary is roughly middle of the road for a good P5 coordinator... Don't fool yourself.

Additionally...he doesn't need the money and is probably at the point in his life where he may question if it is even worth it anymore.