Vigen has to go

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 61 times

WyomingAg wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:18 pm
brownngold wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:22 am You all need to relax, maybe for a refresher go read up on all the injuries this offense has suffered this year.

Hell the line is basically 2nd string at this point
We are down to 1 TE

Validay is the only RB left and I don't beleive.he has been 100% all year, remember Tre smith yeah he's hurt

Our senior WR had to retire from football

And last but not least the center piece.of the offense Chambers is out for the year

Now come up with a better game plan

Vigen is Bohl he is running th offense the way Bohl wants, like it or leave it

Or I guess run the best coach we've had since Tiller out of town ironically like we did Tiller
Every team has injuries. Both Boise and Utah State are down starting QBs as well and both beat us and now are playing for the division while we still hope to just get a bowl game. Every year the injury excuse rises. Every year we have injuries and that's going to continue. We have to stop losing 6 or more games a year even with the injuries to ever get out of being just an "ok" team. Accepting this offense which has been horrible every year is why we lose 6 games or more a year. Have the same offense scheme and plan but get a coach to call the plays better and develop quarterbacks and we will stop being a .500 team every year.

Remember on our 8-6 year when we lost the mw championship and everyone said on defense it wasn't the coaches fault we just didn't have the players. Then we replace the coach and the same players have a top 25 defense the following year.

Just like this year and last year on offense. Earlier this year it was vigen can't call a pass because we have no one that can catch a ball. Now magically we have recievers and te's that can catch even with all the injuries. I guess it was just simply he didn't call pass plays, not that he couldn't because of recievers.

Somehow I'm willing to bet our players can play better that they are given they are out in a position to win
But so many are willing to except having an offense in the bottom 10% is as good as we can ever expect.
1st...the WR talent is at an all time low...true earlier this season and it's still true. These guys could start for Mike leach and get the ball thrown at them every down in a great air raid scheme and they'd suck there too. No ability to seperate, no ability to beat an average cover guy one on one, and no great speed.

2nd...When did it become our birthright as Wyoming fans to win the conference every second/third year? Is this some sort of collective delusion that Wyoming is some sort of sports behemoth that has only been kept back from domination by coaches???? Wyoming has been outright bad or firmly mediocre since at least 2000. At least the deluded Nebraska fans from the the early 2000's had a decade of dominance right in their rear-view mirror...what is your excuse?

3rd...There was a thread after the SUDS game where people predicted the outcomes of the remaining games. Outside of a couple 10 win predictions, everybody fell somewhere between 6 and 8 games. What has changed? Was there really an expectation to go on the road and beat BSU and USU on back to back weeks? Nobody outside of the pokes locker room even thought those games would be close....the betting lines for both games moved away from the Cowboys. Get back to me when we start losing to the dregs of the conference.

All this to say...these close losses feel pretty bad. When the Pokes get hammered by 20+ points I can at least tune/numb out and go do something else. In these losses it feels like the boys are right there so i'm in it until the end, where it feels like a kick in the pills. For example...the basketball team this season will be historically bad but I'm not very invested in them like I've been in years past. In a weird way it is actually easier to be a fan of a team that just has no shot.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

307bball wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:51 pm
WyomingAg wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:18 pm
brownngold wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:22 am You all need to relax, maybe for a refresher go read up on all the injuries this offense has suffered this year.

Hell the line is basically 2nd string at this point
We are down to 1 TE

Validay is the only RB left and I don't beleive.he has been 100% all year, remember Tre smith yeah he's hurt

Our senior WR had to retire from football

And last but not least the center piece.of the offense Chambers is out for the year

Now come up with a better game plan

Vigen is Bohl he is running th offense the way Bohl wants, like it or leave it

Or I guess run the best coach we've had since Tiller out of town ironically like we did Tiller
Every team has injuries. Both Boise and Utah State are down starting QBs as well and both beat us and now are playing for the division while we still hope to just get a bowl game. Every year the injury excuse rises. Every year we have injuries and that's going to continue. We have to stop losing 6 or more games a year even with the injuries to ever get out of being just an "ok" team. Accepting this offense which has been horrible every year is why we lose 6 games or more a year. Have the same offense scheme and plan but get a coach to call the plays better and develop quarterbacks and we will stop being a .500 team every year.

Remember on our 8-6 year when we lost the mw championship and everyone said on defense it wasn't the coaches fault we just didn't have the players. Then we replace the coach and the same players have a top 25 defense the following year.

Just like this year and last year on offense. Earlier this year it was vigen can't call a pass because we have no one that can catch a ball. Now magically we have recievers and te's that can catch even with all the injuries. I guess it was just simply he didn't call pass plays, not that he couldn't because of recievers.

Somehow I'm willing to bet our players can play better that they are given they are out in a position to win
But so many are willing to except having an offense in the bottom 10% is as good as we can ever expect.
1st...the WR talent is at an all time low...true earlier this season and it's still true. These guys could start for Mike leach and get the ball thrown at them every down in a great air raid scheme and they'd suck there too. No ability to seperate, no ability to beat an average cover guy one on one, and no great speed.

2nd...When did it become our birthright as Wyoming fans to win the conference every second/third year? Is this some sort of collective delusion that Wyoming is some sort of sports behemoth that has only been kept back from domination by coaches???? Wyoming has been outright bad or firmly mediocre since at least 2000. At least the deluded Nebraska fans from the the early 2000's had a decade of dominance right in their rear-view mirror...what is your excuse?

3rd...There was a thread after the SUDS game where people predicted the outcomes of the remaining games. Outside of a couple 10 win predictions, everybody fell somewhere between 6 and 8 games. What has changed? Was there really an expectation to go on the road and beat BSU and USU on back to back weeks? Nobody outside of the pokes locker room even thought those games would be close....the betting lines for both games moved away from the Cowboys. Get back to me when we start losing to the dregs of the conference.

All this to say...these close losses feel pretty bad. When the Pokes get hammered by 20+ points I can at least tune/numb out and go do something else. In these losses it feels like the boys are right there so i'm in it until the end, where it feels like a kick in the pills. For example...the basketball team this season will be historically bad but I'm not very invested in them like I've been in years past. In a weird way it is actually easier to be a fan of a team that just has no shot.
Your point number 1 about the receivers doesn’t matter because Vigen and Bohl are still responsible for recruiting and developing the right receivers. So I guess you are saying the receivers suck then because we can’t coach offense. Another reason to get rid of Vigen.

Point 2 you made, I don’t think anyone has remotely said it is our birthright that we win the conference every 2nd or 3rd year. We haven’t won squat for a long time. The point most are making is that if the offense was halfway decent (not even good) we could be undefeated or a 1 loss team with a great shot to finally win the conference for once in 30 years.

The numbers don’t lie. Just look at what Wicks-posted above. Our offense under this staff has been bottom of barrel and in the bottom 25% or worse in the country every year except one. The only year we were up farther is when we had a 1st round QB and 3 or 4 other offensive players go to the NFL and with all that talent they weren’t as good as they could have been. Basically the only way Vigen could look halfway decent is if Wyoming recruited 5 NFL type guys every year which we know isn’t happening here.

Point 3 you made..... I didn’t see the predictions so I can’t comment.

Vigen just needs to go and Bohl needs to pull his head out of his ass on the offensive side of the ball.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
brownngold
Buckaroo

Who recruited that 1st rounder and 3 to 4 NFL talented players?

Apparently my last post came across as a bunch of excuses sorry about that.

What I should have said is Vigen is running this offense the way Bohl wants him to. Three yards and a cloud of dust is his mentality. So if Vigen goes it's because Bohl is gone.

Am I happy with the results so far this year, no
But I think we are closer to reaching the top then we are the bottom.

I could be wrong about all of this however just tired of the bitching. Not even here either, mainly the Facebook groups.
307bball
WyoNation Addict

seattlecowboy wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:05 pmYour point number 1 about the receivers doesn’t matter because Vigen and Bohl are still responsible for recruiting and developing the right receivers. So I guess you are saying the receivers suck then because we can’t coach offense. Another reason to get rid of Vigen.
I'm not saying that the recievers suck due to offensive coaching...I even specifically made the claim that they would suck if Mike Leach were coaching them in an air raid offense. That being said...if this is the level of WR that we are going to get for the forseeable future...then get used to this style of offense.
seattlecowboy wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:05 pmPoint 2 you made, I don’t think anyone has remotely said it is our birthright that we win the conference every 2nd or 3rd year. We haven’t won squat for a long time. The point most are making is that if the offense was halfway decent (not even good) we could be undefeated or a 1 loss team with a great shot to finally win the conference for once in 30 years.
..Ok...let's all make banal observations that our record would be better if we had a better offense. I'm not responding to that. I'm responding to the bitching. It just feels weird to see the level of complaints when we drop two games on the road that we were not close to being favored in. It sucks that we lost but If i was forced to lay money on those two games I would have picked us to go 0-2...and so would anybody else on the outside looking in. Lets revisit this if and when Wyoming loses the border war.

Is it how we are losing that is the problem? If we go 0-2 in those games and score 30+ in both do people still have their panties in a bunch? What if it was Ohio State and Alabama that we had lost two close ones to....still ticked? I'm just having a hard time finding the context for the rage in losing two road games where we were not favored. (and in the case of BSU, not favored by a mile).

Every time this topic comes up I'm flabbergasted by the total lack of perspective. I totally agree w/getting this offense fixed. I'm skeptical that this is as simple as most fans seem to think it is. I totally agree with Bohl when he defuses questions about being "proud" of the defense or "dissapointed" in the offense...it's a team game. The offense had found some consistency/identity with chambers and his injury may be the nail in the coffin. It took a few games to find that consistency so here's hoping they can do it with TVW.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:37 am
brownngold wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:22 am

Spot on. This appears what the majority wants even if they don[t say that directly. By micromanaging and dictating to Bohl who is personnel is, you might as well tell Bohl to start looking for a new job. Because I sure as well would be if I were him and being micromanaged and told how I was to run my program.

Once they run off Bohl, then we can suck for another 20 years and run through 3-4 more head coaches until we catch lightning in a bottle again and find a coach that can succeed in Laramie.
Spot on Oredigger.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Yeah he needs to stop calling the "run 20 yards backwards and cough it up on a sack" and "huck it across the field, across your body to the defense" plays. Those are killer
307bball
WyoNation Addict

JimmyDimes wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:44 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:37 am
brownngold wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:22 am

Spot on. This appears what the majority wants even if they don[t say that directly. By micromanaging and dictating to Bohl who is personnel is, you might as well tell Bohl to start looking for a new job. Because I sure as well would be if I were him and being micromanaged and told how I was to run my program.

Once they run off Bohl, then we can suck for another 20 years and run through 3-4 more head coaches until we catch lightning in a bottle again and find a coach that can succeed in Laramie.
Spot on Oredigger.
Agree 1 million percent.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

brownngold wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:47 pm Who recruited that 1st rounder and 3 to 4 NFL talented players?

Apparently my last post came across as a bunch of excuses sorry about that.

What I should have said is Vigen is running this offense the way Bohl wants him to. Three yards and a cloud of dust is his mentality. So if Vigen goes it's because Bohl is gone.

Am I happy with the results so far this year, no
But I think we are closer to reaching the top then we are the bottom.

I could be wrong about all of this however just tired of the bitching. Not even here either, mainly the Facebook groups.
So, if we lose this week, we are 5th out of 6 teams in the mtn division. I don't know how that's closer to the top than the bottom. Of our 3 conference wins, 2 are against teams without a single conference win. The fact is, we are just a step up from the bottom of the conference.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

No one wants Bohl gone. We want him to change up the offense. Geez
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

LanderPoke wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:06 pm No one wants Bohl gone. We want him to change up the offense. Geez
It is BOHL'S offense. HIS philosophy. When the offense changes its because the head coach changes.
brownngold
Buckaroo

LanderPoke wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:06 pm No one wants Bohl gone. We want him to change up the offense. Geez
That's just it this is his offense, Mike Leach could be the OC and Bohl would have him running to the A gap till the cows come home. That's why I brought up the injuries they just about had all the horses to pull it off but the wheels fell off.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

wyokoke wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:46 pm Yeah he needs to stop calling the "run 20 yards backwards and cough it up on a sack" and "huck it across the field, across your body to the defense" plays. Those are killer
Vigen is the one that is supposed to develop the players so it is on him. Josh Allen used to do the same stuff. And Chambers can’t even complete most of his passes.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

wyokoke wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:10 pm
It is BOHL'S offense. HIS philosophy. When the offense changes its because the head coach changes.
Yep absolutely! Most of this forum want to run off Bohl and they have zero clue.

I can see how this conversation would go:
Tom: "Craig, I am feeling a lot of pressure from the message boards and fans of the team and even some wealthy donors and you need to change up the offense. The fans have decided that you need to abandon the inside runs, spread out the line and put the QB in shotgun. I have the perfect coordinator for you..."
Craig: "Tom, if you want me to coach this team let me know. If you want the fans to call the shots, find someone else."
Tom: "Craig, no no no, that not what I meant, we want you to stand on the sideline just like always. The only difference is that we will have a different guy that has a different offensive vision and he will come in and coach the offense and the quarterbacks. This should make your job easier if anything."
Craig: "Tom, I'll have my agent get a hold of you with my resignation details. Best of luck."
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

If you were a good WR would you want to come to a place where you would rarely get the ball in your hands?
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

Adv8RU12 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:16 pm If you were a good WR would you want to come to a place where you would rarely get the ball in your hands?
If you were a good running back or a good offensive lineman, would you want to go to a place where the RB gets damn near 30 carries a game and where you can learn almost the same blocking schemes used at the next level?

If you were a QB with pro aspirations, would you want to go a place where the coach has put multiple QBs in the NFL and where you will learn the 5 and 7 step drops from under center?

It works both ways.
brownngold
Buckaroo

Adv8RU12 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:16 pm If you were a good WR would you want to come to a place where you would rarely get the ball in your hands?
Who cares, go recruit a few more bell cow running backs, some more corn fed lineman, and a sure handed TE or 2 and we're golden.
SheepSlayer
Buckaroo

I have not seen anyone saying they want to get rid of bohl. I also haven’t seen anyone say they don’t want this style of offense. No one is arguing that we should run an air raid and am throw the football 55 times a game. The entirety of the argument is that our situational play calling is absolutely horrendous and loses games we could be winning despite not being favored. Has it occurred to you that we’re not favored because the oddsmakers know we have vigen calling plays? I would rather have bohl and vigen then not have bohl at all, I just wish he could see how much his OC is holding him and this team back.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Well he needs to adapt. Good coaches change and adapt. Why can't Bohl? He's made plenty of personnel changes and they've always been positive
brownngold
Buckaroo

SheepSlayer wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:34 pm I have not seen anyone saying they want to get rid of bohl. I also haven’t seen anyone say they don’t want this style of offense. No one is arguing that we should run an air raid and am throw the football 55 times a game. The entirety of the argument is that our situational play calling is absolutely horrendous and loses games we could be winning despite not being favored. Has it occurred to you that we’re not favored because the oddsmakers know we have vigen calling plays? I would rather have bohl and vigen then not have bohl at all, I just wish he could see how much his OC is holding him and this team back.
Thread title is Vigen needs to go

Just reiterating that Bohl = Vigen
This is the offense Bohl wants, run heavy time of possession offense. Just need to throw occasionally to a possession type receiver. No flash just gash
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

LanderPoke wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:36 pm
Well he needs to adapt. Good coaches change and adapt. Why can't Bohl? He's made plenty of personnel changes and they've always been positive
Oredigger, did we completely change defensive schemes or just coordinators when the d was getting toasted?
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.