The Good, The Bad, and the YBUgly so far this year.

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

The Good:
The lines. Even with injuries really hitting the o-line hard, the next guys up push just as hard as those ahead of them. And the d-line, despite being undersized, has been practically bullying o-lines all season. Especially in stuffing the run.

Linebackers. Veteran group, and it shows.

RBs. Despite the injuries, all first three (haven't seen enough of the others) showed grit, strength, speed, and being a pain to bring down.

The Bad (sometimes good, sometimes OUCH!):
Pass defense. I know, I know. Bend but don't break, but sometimes, its just overly bends to where it snaps.

Pass offense. We struggle to get 200 yards in the air. With Chambers, it didn't hurt as much, with his running ability. But in general, it really hasn't helped the offense. Be it bad throws, awful catches, or bad playcalls, we can't seem to get much going. Though the last couple of games, it looks smoother, at least.

Special teams. Some good here, like coverage is generally quite good. But then something like the bad punt or a missed PAT/FG sets it back (really not sure what happened there).

YBUgly:
Going ultra conservative way too early. Its let games get dangerous, or even cost us a few times.

Highly predictable playcalling. Yeah, yeah. I know, "Just try to stop our run up the middle!" Problem is, when we do it on 3rd and medium, with 10 guys in the box, the ball carrier is lucky to get to the line of scrimmage. Adding more RPOs would leave the run option, but also show something downfield. And TVW has shown he can execute them quite well.