Mountain West Quad Shot: Week 11

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

https://wyonation.com/2019/11/wyonation ... t-week-11/

Your Monday morning reading is here.
ImageImageImageImage
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

Nice write up. You hit the nail right on the thumb.

Hint: when talking about elk hunting you say “I didn’t see anything I wanted to pull the trigger on”. It gives the impression you actually saw elk but are a discriminating hunter. Creative disinformation.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

ZapPoke wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:54 am Nice write up. You hit the nail right on the thumb.

Hint: when talking about elk hunting you say “I didn’t see anything I wanted to pull the trigger on”. It gives the impression you actually saw elk but are a discriminating hunter. Creative disinformation.
The area I had a tag on is around the Missouri River and there was a hundred head within the Charlie Russell game refuge.. there is a two mile stretch near the river where it's a no shooting zone and this herd had two monster bulls that anyone on this board would have pulled the trigger on.. but alas, elk are smart and stay where you can't shoot. Guy that was camping near us drug a 381 bull out of the plains on opening day. We went looking around that spot and saw a mule deer that would have been a wall hanger, but he was 1500 yards away and spotted us before we spotted him.

My tag area

The bulls in the no-shooting area
ImageImageImageImage
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Nice
W-Y, Until I Die!
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 21 times

Man I'd love to hunt the breaks someday. I got a nice 6 pt in a general unit in Wyoming this year, but I'd love to start hunting out of state once in a while too.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

bullbugle307 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:13 pm Man I'd love to hunt the breaks someday. I got a nice 6 pt in a general unit in Wyoming this year, but I'd love to start hunting out of state once in a while too.
Tough hunting terrain! I was wore out by the end of the week. Expensive to hunt in Montana for out-of-staters.. but we def have some trophies up here.
ImageImageImageImage
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 21 times

I hear it's no fun up there if you get moisture before or during your hunt. Reminds me of some bentonite rich soils in the Shirley Basin where we used to hunt pronghorn.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

bullbugle307 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:41 pm I hear it's no fun up there if you get moisture before or during your hunt. Reminds me of some bentonite rich soils in the Shirley Basin where we used to hunt pronghorn.
That is accurate. Your boots are basically covered in that sticky gumbo mud crap. I think my boots gained five pounds after the last hike I did down this draw and down along a creek bottom.. five miles later my legs definitely noticed the extra weight. We have the same stuff around Worland where we used to beat around the hills.
ImageImageImageImage