Enough of Vigen's BS

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

pathetic :thumbdown:

It's time to shake it up. Need a new OC!!!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

Bohl won't do it cos they're friends.

Bohl is Glenn 2.0 plain and simple.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 21 times

We could be undefeated and ranked if Vigen would learn to not be so stubborn and take what the defense gives. There's only one conclusion, wed rather lose sticking to our identity than win and be great by straying from just a little bit when we need to.
Last edited by bullbugle307 on Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

Can one of the reporters PLEASE ask them why they insist on running it on third and five??!
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

bullbugle307 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:17 am We could be undefeated and ranked if Vigen would learn to not be so stubborn and take what the defense gives. There's only one conclusion, wed rather lose sticking to our identity than win and be great but straying from it when we need to.
Utter BS!!! does anybody besides people who have a hardon for firing Vigen believe this?? Undefeated? This is not some loaded roster...even by Wyoming standards. These guys are disciplined and bring the pain each and every game. That comes from the coaching staff...They are the ones who have brought that to Laramie....get back to me when/if we drop 2 of the last three...I'd have a discussion about re-actively firing coaches when there was something to fire them over.

I'm way more dissapointed in the Tulsa and SDSU loss than I am with this one. In case you didn't notice...BSU's vaunted offense didn't have any success today either.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

Wyokie wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:15 am Bohl won't do it cos they're friends.

Bohl is Glenn 2.0 plain and simple.
I disagree. Glenn couldn't come close to doing the recruiting and player development that Bohl has. Teams have a hell of alot of discipline, they are tough, and its all developed inside the program.

Plenty of things to complain about this game. I just don't think this is one of them.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

307bball wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:22 am BSU's vaunted offense didn't have any success today either.
Yeah...but we still lost due to coaching stupidity!!!! NEXT!!! :tickedoff:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

bullbugle307 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:17 am We could be undefeated and ranked if Vigen would learn to not be so stubborn and take what the defense gives. There's only one conclusion, wed rather lose sticking to our identity than win and be great by straying from just a little bit when we need to.
Eh. Backup quarterback - and looked like he had a pretty good game plan going in to Boise. Some RPO's, screens, diversity in the running game, even a flea flicker. (I wish they hadn't tried a trick play until they got a bit closer to the end zone - as I don't trust Roth this year).

Stats where pretty darned close - I think BSU had 2 more yards than us.
307bball
WyoNation Addict

WyoBrandX wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:27 am
bullbugle307 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:17 am We could be undefeated and ranked if Vigen would learn to not be so stubborn and take what the defense gives. There's only one conclusion, wed rather lose sticking to our identity than win and be great by straying from just a little bit when we need to.
Eh. Backup quarterback - and looked like he had a pretty good game plan going in to Boise. Some RPO's, screens, diversity in the running game, even a flea flicker. (I wish they hadn't tried a trick play until they got a bit closer to the end zone - as I don't trust Roth this year).

Stats where pretty darned close - I think BSU had 2 more yards than us.
Thank you brandx...this is the most sane comment i've seen on here tonight. This was an excellent game plan. In games this close there are litterally 100s of ways to lose or win them...the margin for error is so thin.
nashvillepoke
Ranch Hand

Even the NDSU people warned us about this. They were frustrated with Vigen when he had more talent on his two deep than most of his opponents. There is no way in hell he deserves to be an OC at the FBS level. I am not asking for a spread/air raid offense, I would just settle for a play call that only 50% of the world knows is coming. A pop Warner defense would what is coming from the Vigen offense.
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 21 times

You guys arent wrong that we had a good game plan. Vigen did a good job in many ways. But when the games on the line, as long as he's been been here, Vigen reverts to the same, utterly predictable and stubborn play calling. And we get stuffed because everyone and their mother knows what's coming. The play calling on those last two drives was f-word atrocious, and was not the same play calling that put us in a position to win the damn thing in the first place. It's pure stubbornness and at this point it's the difference between us being mediocre and being great.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

307bball wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:22 am
bullbugle307 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:17 am We could be undefeated and ranked if Vigen would learn to not be so stubborn and take what the defense gives. There's only one conclusion, wed rather lose sticking to our identity than win and be great but straying from it when we need to.
Utter BS!!! does anybody besides people who have a hardon for firing Vigen believe this?? Undefeated? This is not some loaded roster...even by Wyoming standards. These guys are disciplined and bring the pain each and every game. That comes from the coaching staff...They are the ones who have brought that to Laramie....get back to me when/if we drop 2 of the last three...I'd have a discussion about re-actively firing coaches when there was something to fire them over.

I'm way more dissapointed in the Tulsa and SDSU loss than I am with this one. In case you didn't notice...BSU's vaunted offense didn't have any success today either.
Guy, the players didn't lose this game playing below their ability. They lost this game playing the game that was called by their coaching staff. Specifically, Brent Vigen. If I'm on the defensive coaching staff, I'm organizing a meeting with Bohl on Monday. This job-program bulls-it has got to stop.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
307bball
WyoNation Addict

Wyovanian wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:37 am

Guy, the players didn't lose this game playing below their ability. They lost this game playing the game that was called by their coaching staff. Specifically, Brent Vigen. If I'm on the defensive coaching staff, I'm organizing a meeting with Bohl on Monday. This job-program bulls-it has got to stop.
Why do you think wyoming was 16 pt dogs in this game?? Could it be because BSU is THE premier G5 program and Wyoming has done diddly in the last 20 years?? NOOOObody picked us to win this (including me) I'm as ticked as the next guy that we didn't bull it off but i'm not butt-hurt about it. What if we lost in overtime to Alabama..or the Patriots....At what point does a loss like this merely suck without being the reason to burn the program down? Save the pitchforks for when we lose 2 or three of our remaining games.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Big Thumbs Down!!! 👎

This coaching staff on both sides of the ball had a damn good game plan to knock off Boise on the blue. And damnit we almost did it!!!
Wyoklaelk
Ranch Hand

I usually am in the fire vigen camp, that said, I really just want him to try a couple things more per game and adjust better.

Was there any tailback runs outside the tackles last night? Looked like that could have caught them off guard on a couple third and short

Didn’t see much in adjustments, the quick passes to the te was all and they worked

Really need an offensive adjustment guru to identify weaknesses and exploit what works
lakesbison
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

nashvillepoke wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:32 am Even the NDSU people warned us about this. They were frustrated with Vigen when he had more talent on his two deep than most of his opponents. There is no way in hell he deserves to be an OC at the FBS level. I am not asking for a spread/air raid offense, I would just settle for a play call that only 50% of the world knows is coming. A pop Warner defense would what is coming from the Vigen offense.
this is a good take.. at NDSU Vigen would lose 1 game on his own mid season due to conservatism.. BUT NDSU always had the playoffs, could rebound and win it all.

at FBS level , 1 or 2 losses ruin a season completely. Sorry Wyo.

Bottom Line: Leia & Molly are BESTEST of friends. so he'll never fire him
jessejames02
Ranch Hand

Yay... we almost won...
52-56
cowpoke pride
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

XV clearly didn't have the pop in his step after the injury as he did before. Vander Waal would have been a better running options on the last few ill-fated 3rd and 4 attempts. Damn near passed out on the pitch back on the flea flicker. Where in the hell did that come from? If we had to lose, I wish that would have been picked instead of Rothe missing 3 plays later.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:26 am

Big Thumbs Down!!! 👎

This coaching staff on both sides of the ball had a damn good game plan to knock off Boise on the blue. And damnit we almost did it!!!
Almost isn't good enough.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

Wyovanian wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:28 am
OrediggerPoke wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:26 am

Big Thumbs Down!!! 👎

Almost isn't good enough.
Agreed. This is the worst Boise team we have faced in years that was playing with a backup QB who we almost knocked out of the game. Almost is not good enough. This is not the Boise team of old this year, they were down and very beatable.